GIMP

Dr. Mario said:
YamiHoshi.nl said:
>>Dr. Mario
McAffee also sees virusses that are no virusses at all.
Well then it's overprotective, which is what I need.
Those are called false positives (a positive is when a virus or infected file is found.)

If you enjoy that, whatever.

>>Dr. Mario
At least McAffee wouldn't see Windows Vista as a virus.
That's not overprotective, it's, like Mason said, false notifications.

I had an Application for Windows, which I made for my customers to make their work easier.
One company didn't want MalwareBytes, since 'McAffee was enough'.
Well, every single company was happy, except for the McAffee users, because they've got an virus warning.
Then I've forced them to change AntiVirus, and now never get useless notifications ever since.

YamiHoshi.nl said:
>>Dr. Mario
At least McAffee wouldn't see Windows Vista as a virus.
That's not overprotective, it's, like Mason said, false notifications.

I had an Application for Windows, which I made for my customers to make their work easier.
One company didn't want MalwareBytes, since 'McAffee was enough'.
Well, every single company was happy, except for the McAffee users, because they've got an virus warning.
Then I've forced them to change AntiVirus, and now never get useless notifications ever since.
I know it' a false positive, I just decided to call it overprotective.

I really don't care for the false positives, I rarely get any of them.

People likely don't know what they're doing, and think they don't get many false positives.
I'm not trying to get into flame wars (I'm calm), but I get a feeling you're actually having fingers in your ears, and shout "Lalalalalalala!".

YamiHoshi.nl said:
People likely don't know what they're doing, and think they don't get many false positives.
I'm not trying to get into flame wars (I'm calm), but I get a feeling you're actually having fingers in your ears, and shout "Lalalalalalala!".
First, I'm not going to get into a flame war, second, I'm not doing that :P

I'm just saying, McAfee is pretty good, considering others are a piece of crap.

I use to have GIMP, but I fail in sprite customization and was only good on Paints with recoloring.

GIMP is great for making fancy effects.

Back when I made comics, I made the actual comic in MS Paint like position the sprites and all, and then I would actually go touch up on it and add blur effects and light & dark effects where they needed to go. It is pretty complicated though.

also why are we talking about viruses, download it from the official site and you'll be ok, there's no reason not to, it's completely free o_O

Paper Jorge said:
also why are we talking about viruses, download it from the official site and you'll be ok, there's no reason not to, it's completely free o_O
If someone downloads GIMP or anything else hosting on SourceForge from... somewhere outside of SourceForge, they deserve to get a virus. (GIMP's official site links to SourceForge AFAIK)

Back