Which secondary character should become a main character?

Who should become the 9th main character?

• Daisy

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Waluigi

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Toadette

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Toadsworth

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Bowser Jr.

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Baby Mario and Baby Luigi

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • None, 8 main characters is enough.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gumball Machine

Celestial Guide
Personally, I vote Daisy simply due to her romance with Luigi and who knows? Daisy being the damsel in distress could be Luigi's ticket to another game of his own.

I would vote for Baby Mario and Baby Luigi, but, then, this is my fangirlism doing it.

Daisy, Waluigi, and Toadette seem the most likely choice for main character, but I'm rooting for Toadette. She at least appeared in a Paper Mario game, and I'm glad to hear that.

Pink Donkey Kong Jr.

I think this a pretty serious topic, though.

I say Daisy (big surprise), but Bowser Jr. seems like just a likely candidate, but I think the Mario series is more about the good guys than the bad.

If only the poll was multiple choice. Anyway, Bowser Jr. made his fair share of mainstream appearances, especially since he is the primary bad guy in Super Mario Sunshine and New Super Mario Bros..

This leads to a Toadette and Waluigi scuffle.

Isn't Bowser Jr. a main character already? He is almost in every Mario game now ever since he was introduced.

Well, excluding Bowser, each of the main characters have been playable outside of the spin-offs and since Jr.'s only playable in the spin-offs, I don't count him as a main character.

Mario and Luigi=self-explanatory
Peach=SMB2 and Super Princess Peach
Toad=SMB2 and Wario's Wood
Yoshi=Super Mario World and the Yoshi's Island series
Wario=Wario Land, Wario World and WarioWare series
DK=Donkey Kong Country series

Like :bowser: he is also the main antagonist in most of the games he has appeared in, especially the New Super Mario Bros. games and Super Mario Sunshine.

Raphael said:
Well, excluding Bowser, each of the main characters have been playable outside of the spin-offs and since Jr.'s only playable in the spin-offs, I don't count him as a main character.

Mario and Luigi=self-explanatory
Peach=SMB2 and Super Princess Peach
Toad=SMB2 and Wario's Wood
Yoshi=Super Mario World and the Yoshi's Island series
Wario=Wario Land, Wario World and WarioWare series
DK=Donkey Kong Country series

Don't forget Super Mario Galaxy 2 and New Super Mario Bros Wii.

I guess I'd have to go with Waluigi, though I like Baby Mario and Baby Luigi as well. Same for Bowser Jr.

Bowser Jr. Should be. :bowser:

I think both Daisy and Waluigi should make more appearances. Daisy could be a damsel in distress, but she seems a lot more spunky and self-dependent, so maybe they should make a new Super princess peach game with daisy in a position of Luigi. I'd love to see Perry get a happy ending too. The babies could definitely have their own spin-off game some time. Bowser Jr. is a bit of a main character already. I can see a kind of Wario and Waluigi game where they end up shoplifting and become outlaws in this big city and you could choose to play as either and they have failed adventures. ;) Yoshi needs more games though. And we need more :mario: RPG's

WakerLuma said:
I think both Daisy and Waluigi should make more appearances. Daisy could be a damsel in distress, but she seems a lot more spunky and self-dependent, so maybe they should make a new Super princess peach game with daisy in a position of Luigi. I'd love to see Perry get a happy ending too. The babies could definitely have their own spin-off game some time. Bowser Jr. is a bit of a main character already. I can see a kind of Wario and Waluigi game where they end up shoplifting and become outlaws in this big city and you could choose to play as either and they have failed adventures. ;) Yoshi needs more games though. And we need more :mario: RPG's

i agree

I think Bowser Jr. should become a main character, but only in the RPGs. Because, with paintbrush attacks, an angry attack boost and a
spray of fire, I think he would be the perfect RPG antagonist. Any thoughts?

I think that Bowser Jr. is already a main character, seeing as he has appeared with major roles in SMS, SMG, and SMG2.

Back