What is your favorite Pokemon region?

Which region do you like best?

• Total voters

Pandapowah

King Bowser
This does not mean which generation you liked best. Which region do you like best? Like which one did you enjoy exploring or which one is more interesting to you. Please give a reason for why you picked that region. My vote goes to Hoenn! Its wide and there is so much places to explore.

I picked Hoenn too. I like Team Magma/Aqua more than the other villlainous teams because one of them actually helps you depending on which game you're playing and even though they're willing to resort to illegal activities such as stealing other people's Pokemon, they're goals aren't really bad. Team Magma wants to expand the land so people will have more places to live and Team Aqua wants to raise the world's sea level because water is an important resource.

Also, I like how the 5th gym leader is your dad while the 7th gym leader is actually 2 leaders and as such, is a double battle.

And I loved being able to choose between 2 bicycles each with different strengths and weaknesses.

I had a really hard time picking between Unova and Johto. But Johto had so much STUFF. It was the region of my cherished childhood memories.

Hoenn. I just like it, maybe because you can actually buy your Net Balls and Nest Balls

Hoenn is a great region overall but there wasn't a single city that got me lost.
(EXAMPLE: Goldenrod City)
Hoenn also had a bunch of good elements.
Like treeforts for houses or a city on water.
It would come in second place for those awesome cities.

Either Isshu (Black and White), or Orre (Colosseum and XD: Gales of Darkness).
They're simple, and yet so far ahead in terms of technology.

I also like Sinnoh because of the Pokemon Villa, Turtwig, Dawn (No, I did not choose her as my character), and 2 of the gym leaders are related to each other, so Sinnoh is 2nd place for me.

Raphael said:
I picked Hoenn too. I like Team Magma/Aqua more than the other villlainous teams because one of them actually helps you depending on which game you're playing and even though they're willing to resort to illegal activities such as stealing other people's Pokemon, they're goals aren't really bad. Team Magma wants to expand the land so people will have more places to live and Team Aqua wants to raise the world's sea level because water is an important resource.

Also, I like how the 5th gym leader is your dad while the 7th gym leader is actually 2 leaders and as such, is a double battle.

And I loved being able to choose between 2 bicycles each with different strengths and weaknesses.
Your answer is a mix between favorite generation and favorite region. But it's fine. GO HOENN!

Kanto or Unova. Kanto has lots of great Pokemon to train, but Unova has that and a better story. I guess I'd have to go with Unova.

I'll list favorite to least and explain why:

1) Johto. The nostalgia from this place is amazing. Loved the Japanese-style cities like Ecruteak (which was even more apparent in the remakes) and the music was just awesome, especially Violet/Olivine City, Silver's theme, and Lance/Red theme.

2) Hoenn. While I like Gen III the least overall, I thought Hoenn was very creatively designed. The music's instrumentation was bad (more of the GBA's fault) and the water routes were so so so annoying, but the cities were very well designed, especially Fortree and Sootopolis.

3) Unova. Loving the advanced technology and the introduction of changing seasons. The music hasn't stood out to me yet, but I've only had White for a week or so, so I'm still waiting to change my mind. Castelia City is awesome, it's like NYC while Saffron, Goldenrod, etc. are like "small big cities," if you know what I mean. The many bridges and towers also intrigue me.

4) Kanto. I love Gen I, but Kanto doesn't have too many distinctive characteristics since it debuted on the GameBoy. The routes look very similar and the cities don't have too many landmarks. The music is very good though, especially the Trainer battle song, Game Corner, and the Surf tune.

5) Sinnoh. I have always thought that Sinnoh is downright dull. Nothing ever really stood out to me except for Snowpoint and Floaroma. The music is average, my favorites being Floaroma, Eterna Forest, and the three lakes' theme.

I like Johto, but the only other region I've explored is Kanto. I don't have many recent Pokemon games (in fact, I think the only Pokemon games I have since Gen. 3 are the PMD games.

I chose Unova.

One, the fact that they have a pokemon region where none of the old pokemon naturally occur there. Now that is very creative. I mean, at least they are very original with 156 pokemon, AND they keep all the old ones away until after you defeat the Elite Four/N and Ghetsis.

Also, version-different places. Different style Olupid Town, with one old-fashioned and one modern, that is amazing. And then Black City and White Forest....I thought that was really cool.

Another thing, they have towns that you can only visit AFTER the game is first defeated. The last regions you visit all these places before you defeat them for the first time. Now, there is much more to explore after the game, as well as more pokemon to meet.

Not only that, but Unova has day changing stuff that happens. Every day, something is happening that makes you want to play it. Go get a fossil, a rock, battle players at the stadiums, get items from the guy on the beach, battle bikers, buy ice cream...all that makes me play it nearly everyday. Plus, the seasons are so much fun to see, with the Deerling and Sawsbuck amazing to see over time.

Finally, there is the wild Pokemon. Lv. 50-65 pokemon that I never really got to experience in the last game. My Gallade took like 5 days' worth of time (100 hours) to go from lv. 30 to lv. 75. Now, I spent 1/5 of that time going from lv. 75 to lv. 100. Trust me, that is amazing.

Finally, someone else who likes PMD. :D Unova is a beautiful place, but not my favourite. I started with Sinnoh, but by no means was it my favourite. I have now played in Hoenn, Kanto and Johto and my favourite is Johto. If Johto had the added effects of weather and seasons like in Unova, it would truly be beautiful.
EDIT:I meant to quote Fawfulfury65. I did the wrong quote sorry. :-[

I agree, as it looks like Johto is always in Summer on the GBC, while the only non-summer place, is the 4th Gym city, which is always in Autumn, and especially on the path you have to take to Ho-Oh.

Unova.

1337 said:
Hoenn is a great region overall but there wasn't a single city that got me lost.
(EXAMPLE: Goldenrod City)
Hoenn also had a bunch of good elements.
Like treeforts for houses or a city on water.
It would come in second place for those awesome cities.
My brother is completely lost in Goldenrod City and thinks the Pokelathon is a pseduo-gym.

The best part is, Pokéthlon isn't in Goldenrod City at all.
It's closer to the National Park.

My first region is Kanto, since I've seen Pokémon since the very first episode and games, but it's still not my favourite.

...After evolving from an Egg-only Pokémon.

I like Johto simply cause it was featured in the best games

Sinnoh because it's really the only region I know by heart.
Orre from the GameCube games was cool too.
Then again, I haven't played Black or White yet, so I might change my opinion later.

Sinnoh is a huge place, and there's much to explore, so that's a plus.
Hoenn at the other hand, doesn't have one single, big city
Also, in Isshu, they've made almost every city have a Gym, and the path you take throughout the region is very simple (some kind of balloon?).

Back