What is your favorite Pokemon region?

Which region do you like best?

• Total voters
Every new region manages to become my favorite as they improve on something I happened to have liked in the latter. But, Unova really struck my love for it. Team Plasma's ideology , being in a new country, over 150 new Pokemon again, all-new wild Pokemon, Gym Leaders having an active role in the main story, legendaries, and character backstories were so brilliantly done! I could not have received a better experience and I REALLY wonder how Game Freak will top this generation.

Also, when I first played Pokemon with Pokemon Emerald, I imagined my own Pokemon that I would love to have. It was black, had wings, red eyes, a Dragon/Electric hybrid type, and was legendary. After a few more years of sticking by the series, my dream finally came true in the form of Zekrom! Now, it remains in my party to this day...

I actually LIKE the Unova region, BECAUSE it had only new Pokemon, no Pokemon "borrowed" from previous generations...

At least at first, after you defeat N and Ghetsis and beat the game, then the other Pokemon become available.

Speaking of which, I rather like Team Plasma, if only so I can mock them and compare them to PETA for being so hypocritical.

Psh. Everyone knows Orre from Pokémon Colosseum/XD: Gale of Darkness is the best.
Pyrite Town and the Under all the way, yeahhhhhh.
OK, maybe not the best, but Orre is still pretty damn cool.
I didn't like Unova really, it was very linear.
I actually liked the likes of Sinnoh and Johto quite a lot.
I also liked Oblivia from the Ranger games. Fiore wasn't bad either.
And the two 'regions' from the PMD games.

I'll admit, as comically evil as Cipher is, I DO find myself liking the Orre region. It just seems very badass compared to the bright and colorful regions before and after.

Johto, definitely. The map setups, towns, Pokemon, NPCs, everything. Gold/Silver version were my favorite games.

Uh.. crap.

Only one I didn't like was hoenn.

I guess for now It's Unova.

Since b/w is my fav pokemon game and all.

Unova because of the awesome 3D sprite graphics. Opinion on other regions:
Kanto:Third favorite but three years later it just gets confusing. Everything's different!
Johto:Second-favorite because it's awesome, great japanese stuff, parks and ruins! The only thing I hate is that you can't fly directly to Kanto
Hoenn: Fourth just because
Sinnoh: I'm like eh. Curse the fog and that stupid Mt. Coronet blockin my way!

Poor Sinnoh gets a lot of hate. Personally, I loved that region and it's my favorite one currently. And yes, I've played games from all the regions (I have every main Pokemon game since LeafGreen/FireRed). There's just something about Sinnoh that compels me to continuously play Pokemon Diamond, which I've clocked well over 750+ hours into. Not that bad, considering I got it when it was first released and is usually my go to game for those long trips around the state. It got considerably better with Platinum, being the first game where you can actually re-battle gym leaders without a limit (iirc, in Emerald you could only rebattle gym leaders like 3 times). It also introduced animated trainer sprites (when you battle them).

Also, Sinnoh introduced/had Dusknoir, Magnezone, and Drapion. There's really nothing more to say.

Anyways...

Personally, if I had an order from favorite to least, it'd be:

Sinnoh
Johto
Unova
Hoenn
Kanto

I honestly don't find anything special about Kanto. There really wasn't much diversity, though I guess it's ok, being the first region and all.

Kanto is pretty boring of a place, I can agree with, but as said its pretty much just a memory jogger.

Unova because of the awesome 3D sprite graphics.

oh come on dont forget the gyms and their amazing uniqueness to the series as well that electric cave, that thing was awesome.

Probably Hoenn, my opinion on the other regions is:

Johto: Great japanese stuff, cool legendaries and pure Ghost pokemon! Just wut I needuh!

Sinnoh: Cute pokemon, great new evolutions, but JESUS christ, Lickilicky and Probopass were freaking unnecessary

Unova: It's a shame they quit using regions in Japan for Pokemon's regions, but cool pokemon!

Kanto: I hate this region, TOO OVERRATED! Jesus, people need to take their nostalgia goggles, most Kanto fans in my school keep teasing me saying Johto and Hoenn suck, SWEET JESUS! However, I like the Pokemon, but not the region itself.

I honestly didn't like how Celebi was so hard to obtain in Johto. You do realize that Kanto was where the anime was the best, so that's why they overrate Kanto. And Unova was to be a FRESH START. Which means that no stereotyped japanese areas there

^I don't care. It's my opinion. And I prefer japanese areas than american areas.

I'm surprised Kanto has the lowest amount of votes. It's my second favorite, only to Sinnoh. And I also like Johto a lot. Really it's kind of a three-way tie between those.

Unova is alright and I don't like Hoenn at all. Then again I disliked Ruby/Sapphire as a whole so shrug.

Back