Super Mario 3D Land & Mario Kart 7

The thing is that I'd be fine with starting with numbers (Mario Party, Mario Party 2, Mario Party 3, etc.), but it's dumb to randomly start on number 7. And Super Mario 3D Land practically sounds like a parody of Mario games.

I agree.

Besides, Mario Kart 7 technically isn't the 7th Mario Kart anyway.

>>Koopayoshi
Actually, the "7" indicates how many versions of Mario Kart already released (MK7 is the 7th Mario Kart game), outside of the Arcade GP series, which don't really count, anyway.

Not really. They have Arcade GP. But I don't really count that.

I mean, they don't count the 2 Arcade versions, because they're not for Nintendo's consoles or handhelds, and they didn't release everywhere, but just in selected countries.

It still counts as a Mario Kart. Another reason I think that starting to use numbers randomly is a bad idea. Though Mario Party had several stuff like Mario Party DS, at least they used numbers from the beginning

Koopayoshi said:
Yeah, I like Mario Kart 3DS better
Super Mario 3D Land makes the game sound weird or horrible with that title (my opinion). Also I agree. Nintendo was probably lazy to think of a name so they used 7. :P

Koopayoshi said:
People say 7 is a lucky number, and I guess Nintendo does too
It's not lucky when you're talking about Mario Party 7. :P

Austin Powers said:
Koopayoshi said:
Super Mario 3D Land makes the game sound weird or horrible with that title (my opinion). Also I agree. Nintendo was probably lazy to think of a name so they used 7. :P
There is no way that the name "Mario Kart 3DS" never came into their mind

That's easily a much better and more consistent name.

Fawfulfury65 said:
Koopayoshi said:
People say 7 is a lucky number, and I guess Nintendo does too
It's not lucky when you're talking about Mario Party 7. :P

Austin Powers said:
Koopayoshi said:
There is no way that the name "Mario Kart 3DS" never came into their mind

That's easily a much better and more consistent name.
I agree with you.

Super Mario 3D Land sounds like a remake of Super Mario Land. I'd hate to see remake of that game.
And Mario Kart 7? Man that is a dumb name.

YoshiGo99 said:
I never knew that!

Think Sonic the Hedgehog. There's 3 games with that same name. There's also two games called Sonic the Hedgehog 2.

Remove the "Land" in Super Mario 3D Land and everything shall be all right

It's funny how Nintendo's tentative title of Super Mario 3D Land sounds better than the final one. Same with Mario Kart 7's tentative title.

It might be cross posting, but here's the extremely high resolution logo (4546 × 2423 px):
64494_CTRP_AMK_WWlogo01_C_ad_Kopie_jpg_jpgcopy.jpg

Thankyou, Yami, that image gives extreme slowdown and has just been posted above.

I only did that, because ToxBox gave people a very small image, and I gave a really huge one, so it's easier to resize when desired.

As far as I've been looking on Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe, no.
It could be at Nintendo of UK, but I can't get in it, because our application got declined, all because we don't live in the UK.

Back