Ever wanted to work for Nintendo, but you can’t develop games?

Creations?

King DDD said:
You DON'T have to move to Japan, american make donkey kong country returns in retro studio in texas or other state
I wouldn't want to move to Texas either, but it would be better than going to the other side of the world. I always wanted to stay in PA.

NOA is in Washington, a state above Oregon above California.

First thing's first:
Digi Pen is an accademy in America for Game Development.
America does make a video game every now and then, but they have a really small portfolio.
And why this is in Fan Creations, it's because it's a whole piece of text I've written.

All of your wishes are mostly done in Japan.
And all of the jobs I've described are jobs that are possible to do outside of Japan.
The reason is, not everyone can move, not everyone is allowed to, and not everyone want at all.

For these people, it's better to start an own company, if they want to develop or design games outside of Japan.

Re: Ever wanted to work for Nintendo, but you can`t develop games?

I love your love and all, but I don't see me really able to follow through with this. We know I write, yet it's still not even close to good enough. Programming seems so specific and challenging. My flute playing is growing super well, but I doubt I'll be good for nintendo. I'm really bad at translating, so that shouldn't even be in this paragraph. And yet, I have too many ideas for games and my drawing ability is growing faster than ever. Dunno how that would give me any chance though. :-\

I'm a great drawer but I don't know any graphic design. As you can see, I did most of my avatars my self. They're basically simple recolors. I'm not sure if I can go to college for graphic design and get a job doing it because my dad says (he works in computers) that graphic design jobs are scarce so I'm not sure if I'll even get one in the gaming industry. If I go into story writing, maybe I'll get a chance. My writing abilities are O.K. The main point of this paragraph is I'm not sure if I can even get a job in gaming.

Nintendo - in my opinion - seems to be harder to get into than getting struck by lightning and winning a lottery ticket at the same time. It's like you have to be the all-time champion of EVERYTHING to even get a chance to make it.

Though, there is a job that I do know of that I'm not sure was stated. Nintendo hires people to play their games OVER and OVER! They do it so that they can unlock and find all the things that makes it tick, as well as all the stuff that they messed up on.

It would be great if there were a development team that made games for Nintendo in Pennsylvania. I don't think I have what it takes to make my own team.

I don't know how you would start your own company, if you have only one skill with video games.

Plus, I don't want to drive all the way to Washington to work with Nintendo

I wouldn't mind being a tester, but I really want to make models, textures, sprites, etc.

I would like being a tester

YoshiGo99 said:
Same here. There is a thing online called Mario Builder. U can download and builder ur own levels!
But I'd really like to work on real games and make levels with my own ideas. I haven't seen the Mario Builder U, but I'm assuming it only lets you use things from Mario games.

It is for any PC or laptop. It is on YoYo games. U can type in Mario Builder on google and it should be the first thing on the list.

Back