Suggestions for Improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we've all given enough input. I've said everything I want to say roughly three times.

Sharks Territory said:
Now hold on a second...

Maybe some people want to get the input of the community as a whole.
OK, just for the record, for any future times that this point comes up.

The "input of the community" matters so little in discussions about who should be promoted, that it's just not even worth the effort of typing it. If we didn't find SG to be a good mod but everyone else loved him, it would be tough cookies and if we have to decide whether or not to promote the most popular person on the wiki, popularity won't be a factor in our decision.

What other users think of a person is irrelevant, considering other user's opinions can be biased by "friendships", "favors", "peer pressure", etc., all of our mods are trained against that stuff (very heavy-duty training, five months of military school for it)

MG1, I really hope you hadn't ignored my previous post. That should have been sent to Ralph as a PM, not a reply in this thread. Because the only thing you replying here will do is to prompt him to reply back in this thread.

This will be my last post here for now, and I ask of you again, just don't add anymore here.

In Ninji's defense, he locked quite a few threads that were controversial ("FRANCE HAS DECLARE WAR ON THE U.S.! THERE'S ONLY ONE THING WE CAN DO......") or threads that have had nothing happen in for a while ("Wario's Butt").

To change the subject a bit, I've noticed that users are now able to change their names without any request.
Wouldn't that be a bigger chaos?
I mean, people will be even more unknown than they already are, as they can possibly change their names every minute.
But at the other hand, this also makes the Forums more flexible, and there are no Administrators required, to change your name.

Yamilla said:
To change the subject a bit, I've noticed that users are now able to change their names without any request.
Wouldn't that be a bigger chaos?
I mean, people will be even more unknown than they already are, as they can possibly change their names every minute.
But at the other hand, this also makes the Forums more flexible, and there are no Administrators required, to change your name.
It will be more hectic. I think, when people change their names, their change has to be approved by a mod.

I changed back to LoL
Is there a way to impose a limit like on bebo.
You could lock the name change board now.

>>Father Ted Crilly
Now when I think about it:
disna.cwgi

As you can see, there is a possibillity to limit the name changes per month in IP.Board.
Since you have SMF (which Mario Wiki runs too), do you know this is possible on SMF as well?

>>Legend of Lily
Like I said to MrConcreteDonkey, it's possible on IP.Board, but I dunno about Simple Machines Forum (SMF).

Since it's become apparent that nobody paid attention the first time I said this, I will again point out that the claims that I abused my powers to get access to the Sysop/Chat boards are bogus. I have literally no reason to want to view those boards. I have never been active on the Wiki and I think the chat is pretty much the worst thing ever. Not only that, but if I really did do that, which, I will say it again, I did not, it is incredibly old offense, and a minor one at that, and not grounds for demotion now. On top of that, this is incredibly sudden, with nothing being mentioned to me before at all.

I want an apology. If you don't want to repromote me because I caused a ruckus, which, by the way, was entirely justified, that's fine. Like I said, I don't care about being repromoted, though I certainly wouldn't mind more power. You made a mistake, however, and I want you to admit so.

Atlas said:
Since it's become apparent that nobody paid attention the first time I said this, I will again point out that the claims that I abused my powers to get access to the Sysop/Chat boards are bogus. I have literally no reason to want to view those boards. I have never been active on the Wiki and I think the chat is pretty much the worst thing ever. Not only that, but if I really did do that, which, I will say it again, I did not, it is incredibly old offense, and a minor one at that, and not grounds for demotion now. On top of that, this is incredibly sudden, with nothing being mentioned to me before at all.

I want an apology. If you don't want to repromote me because I caused a ruckus, which, by the way, was entirely justified, that's fine. Like I said, I don't care about being repromoted, though I certainly wouldn't mind more power. You made a mistake, however, and I want you to admit so.
I apologize. As I said in a post above, I realize that it was likely a mistake, and I should have realized it at first without blindly accusing you. I was wrong in doing so, and I was wrong as using that as a reason for your demotion.

I don't plan to abuse it. I wouldn't have put my name as Snape if I knew Gamefreak75 was being promoted (for the Oprah joke.)

I also see no point of angst-ing when right under my name it says Mason.

Mason said:
I don't plan to abuse it. I wouldn't have put my name as Snape if I knew Gamefreak75 was being promoted (for the Oprah joke.)

I also see no point of angst-ing when right under my name it says Mason.
I agree. I see no problem with name changing as long as they've put their past username as there custom title.

I think when people log in to their acount they should do some math question or a security question they made upon creating there acount. Forum acounts are going to be hacked more than the wiki.

PokemonMaster said:
I think when people log in to their acount they should do some math question or a security question they made upon creating there acount. Forum acounts are going to be hacked more than the wiki.

We already have an anti-bot question in place.

>>President Iwata
Over at DSHack Forums, there's a reCaptcha, 2 anti-bot questions, and IP.Board's Spam Monitoring Service installed.
How about replacing Captcha to reCaptcha?
I don't mean you have to do it, but how about this idea?

Yeah um this isn't a place to advertise your forum yamihoshi.

ユークリウッド・ヘルサイズ said:
Over at [another message board] there's a reCaptcha, 2 anti-bot questions, and IP.Board's Spam Monitoring Service installed.
How about replacing Captcha to reCaptcha?
I don't mean you have to do it, but how about this idea?
Fixed, but that much security seems harsh to me. I'd like a trick question like "what's the name of luigi's brother's sidekick"

Luigi

>>President Iwata
That's no advertising, it's telling what has been installed on it.
I didn't even link to it.

It looks like when I come with a good idea, and a good example, it's still not good enough (this reminds me to work).

I have a suggestion: Why can't we make a Child Board for the Pokemon series under Handheld gaming? Currently, a huge amount of topics in the Handheld Gaming board pertains to Pokemon.

>>Scrub Jay
Or simply merge all these threads into fewer Pokémon threads?
But what you said is a great idea.

ユークリウッド・ヘルサイズ said:
Or simply merge all these threads into fewer Pokémon threads?
No, they all have different purposes.

I think without Pokémon threads, Handheld Gaming will go as dead as Online Gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back