Suggestions for Improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.
8. Do not publicly question us on policies. We will listen to a well reasoned opinion on why policies should be different, but this needs to be done through PM. As such, creating topics or posts that insult or question the authority of a moderator is not allowed. We don't care how upset something makes you, you have the ability to handle things privately in a peaceful manner.

How about we stop posting in this thread about this matter and you guys take it to PM.

Herr Shyguy said:
Chorus said:
We do not want power-hungry members who can't bear to lose their powers as mods, just a simple stating of your reasons would be enough and let us handle it. If you continue to complain like someone else who is not getting their powers back, our resolve not to give them back tightens.
This is entirely the wrong reasoning. You know my point, you guys never had the right to take my powers in the first place. I just need need a mod who can remain anonymous to repromote me because the people who decided to demote me never had that power.
SG, you can assume by the fact that you are not repromoted that the mods have approved the demotion. Whether we have accepted it, is another question. We have approved it and are not going to revert it on the grounds that it was false, but we will review it to see if it was actually deserved. This demotion happened and we are acknowledging that it happened. If you get repromoted, it will be because we found faulty reasoning for demotion, not that the people who demoted you didn't have the right.

EDIT: @Ninji:
Chorus said:
We do not want power-hungry members who can't bear to lose their powers as mods, just a simple stating of your reasons would be enough and let us handle it. If you continue to complain like someone else who is not getting their powers back, our resolve not to give them back tightens.

EDIT 2: FFFFFF-sorry Garlic, didn't see your post D:

So Ninji, if you have problems with that response, PM me, SG, just be quiet; it'll improve your chances of repromotion.

Hey dude, did you not read the rule posted right above you? And you think you have any right to decide matters here?

How about we don't, and you guys stop pretending you're mods?

This is no longer a private discussion. Since we can't talk about this in the mod board, we're taking it here.

Quite honestly, my intentions in this dispute were as I originally posted: simply to help clean up the forum.

I honestly don't know what to say right now, because this argument is being brought over to other sites, and has been inflated horribly.

The bottom line, and I'll be completely honest, is that I didn't enter this argument harboring any bad feelings towards you two. I honestly felt I was doing what I could do to improve the forum by suggesting demotions. In the end, I did end up becoming biased towards Shyguy and Ninji and I am completely to blame for all of this.

I suppose Ninji could have simply made a mistake when he accidentally gave himself access to the other staff boards. Shyguy, yes, can be a little jerkish when it comes to his posts, but I understand that the internet is not a perfect place to express tone in one's words (which can be vital to interpretation of things).

I'd like to apologize not only to Shyguy and Ninji, but to the rest of the forum users for making this into a huge show. For pushing Stooben in the middle of this. For being an overall horrible moderator.

I am wrong to criticize the mistakes of Ninji and Shyguy when I, myself, have done much worse things that would give a regular user around here the "troll" label. I am not fit to be a judge of whether Ninji and Shyguy are guilty for what they are accused of, so I must remain neutral upon the suggestions of their repromotions.

I'd like some honest opinions, too. I feel that I have done the community wrong. I would like to hear whether I should continue my career as a G-Mod here, or if I should resign and give my powers up. Whichever the plurality of posting users here support is what I'll do.

MG1 said:
SG, you can assume by the fact that you are not repromoted that the mods have approved the demotion.
For the record, I didn't. I said I understood the reasoning, but never approved it.

Atlas said:
How about we don't, and you guys stop pretending you're mods?

We're not pretending to be mods. In the contrary, you also have no power over us either, and the common denominator here is the long-established Official Forum Rules & Guidelines, which states that these matters should be taken to PM's, and you have no more authority than Edofenrir or me to overrule that.

No, SMB.

Even if this decision were wrong, (spoilers: it wasn't) you were doing what you thought was best. You don't need to resign for that.

Guys...

I agree that Shyguy and Ninji have made mistakes as mods, and Shyguy has been a bit lazy at times. But you could've at least warned him. That's the one thing I can't stand about the administration here. Warnings are commonly omitted. At least give them a chance to respond before demoting them. If you're going to hold a gun to a person's head, let them plead their case before you fire.

Thank you.

As for Mr. a, you should go on as mod. Just because a politician makes a mistake doesn't mean they resign. Kennedy didn't quit after the Bay of Pigs Invasion. Running away now would be a poor and immature decision.

Now stop post conflicting me. :mad:

@MST3K: The fact that you didn't outright repromote him signifies that you accepted the demotion (not that you agree with it).
@Ninji: They have the right to post the rules.
@SMB: So you, in the first part of your post, tell them that you realize they made mistakes and then in the second part, you ask if you should be demoted because one of yours?

2257 said:
Even if this decision were wrong, (spoilers: it wasn't) you were doing what you thought was best. You don't need to resign for that.
Really? You're supporting him just because he made some puppy dog eyes? I am clearly very biased here, I won't deny it, but I find it very disturbing that he went over the mods' heads and got me demoted for being a meany.

That goes for you too Ralph.

United States of America said:
I would like to hear whether I should continue my career as a G-Mod here, or if I should resign and give my powers up. Whichever the plurality of posting users here support is what I'll do.
I support you to stay as a global moderator if you vow to stop constantly resigning.

Not at all, I was criticizing your support of SMB after his whole "I was wrong please forgive me" speech.

Chorus said:
@MST3K: The fact that you didn't outright repromote him signifies that you accepted the demotion (not that you agree with it).

This makes zero sense. When MST3K is the one wanting an explanation for the mod actions that were taken without his consent, do you really think he would just go and promote people without consulting the other mods first?

Seriously, that logic has no root and is utter bogus.

Herr Shyguy said:
2257 said:
Really? You're supporting him just because he made some puppy dog eyes? I am clearly very biased here, I won't deny it, but I find it very disturbing that he went over the mods' heads and got me demoted for being a meany.

That goes for you too Ralph.

That's not what I meant at all. I don't forgive SMB because before you forgive someone they have to do something wrong. Regardless of your opinion on the matter, I think what he did was justified. That's why I don't want him demoted.

2257 said:
Regardless of your opinion on the matter, I think what he did was justified.
dear god what the hell how does this

He (and some other people, granted) completely ignored the existing mod community and demoted two respected moderators without warning them or even asking for their explanations of the matters in question.

President Iwata said:
Chorus said:

This makes zero sense. When MST3K is the one wanting an explanation for the mod actions that were taken without his consent, do you really think he would just go and promote people without consulting the other mods first?

Seriously, that logic has no root and is utter bogus.
I agree :-[

I was trying to make some deep sentence, but what I was trying to explain is that if we are complaining about the demotion, we are not complaining that it was invalid because of the person who did it (it was done by a conjunction of two mods, no admins did the demotion, or at least, they weren't acting as admins when they did it). It was done by mods, if the mods' reasoning was flawed, that's another discussion entirely.

Even if mods did it, they didn't have the full support of the mod community or even majority support of the mod community and thus their actions are invalid.

I REALLY hate to do this but

8. Do not publicly question us on policies. [...] As such, creating topics or posts that insult or question the authority of a moderator is not allowed. [...]

While the mods who demoted you may have been wrong, they are still mods, they still have the authority of a mod and creating posts that question their authority is not allowed. So please stop.

EDIT: Maybe I didn't specify, we ARE discussing this. We are not just ignoring you and saying "it'll blow over".

I already posted rule 8, which does state that it should be taken to PM's, for crying out loud.

The thread isn't even on-topic anymore, there are no suggestions, rather noisy repetitive arguments that are seemingly going in circles on end with no progress whatsoever.

If people can't discipline themselves to just stop talking about this in a stupid thread, then this thread should be temporarily locked. There is no need or use to continue this here, as I've said numerous times before.

Please: nobody wants to see it, and you're breaking the rules either way. Take it elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back