Suggestions for Improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garfield said:
Ugozima said:
Oh, then the mods should enforce it more.
Per

lol, jk

Those posts should also be deleted, they just stupidly increase post counts, and it makes no difference having them.
Why? You guys are running the forum like it's a publishing company or something. Forums aren't suppose to be placed where you can write a book, they're places to discuss. If someone's opinion has already been stated in a thread asking for opinions, than why should he not be allowed to simply state that he agrees with the one who has already stated it?

There are some messages that can be properly conveyed with a single line. Obviously if there is no message conveyed within a post the post will be labeled as spam and deleted(as it should be), but why would you delete posts just for being short? Because they look unprofessional?

It doesn't make any sense.

Uniju said:
Garfield said:
Ugozima said:
Oh, then the mods should enforce it more.
Per

lol, jk

Those posts should also be deleted, they just stupidly increase post counts, and it makes no difference having them.
Why? You guys are running the forum like it's a publishing company or something. Forums aren't suppose to be placed where you can write a book, they're places to discuss. If someone's opinion has already been stated in a thread asking for opinions, than why should he not be allowed to simply state that he agrees with the one who has already stated it?

There are some messages that can be properly conveyed with a single line. Obviously if there is no message conveyed within a post the post will be labeled as spam and deleted(as it should be), but why would you delete posts just for being short? Because they look unprofessional?

It doesn't make any sense.

Now, obviously, there would be topics outside of MJ/MJII where one word posts would be acceptable, an example would be the "What game did you last play?!?!?!?!?" topic.[/url]
lrn2read

You said that there would be certain topics specified that would not be affected by the rule. I said that there are certain situations in which one word posts do everything that forums are made for people to do on, and that in every instance that single word posts are actually bad it would still be covered by a simple rule against spam.

Uniju said:
You said that there would be certain topics specified that would not be affected by the rule. I said that there are certain situations in which one word posts do everything that forums are made for people to do on, and that in every instance that single word posts are actually bad it would still be covered by a simple rule against spam.
Perhaps

Garfield said:
Sheep Man said:
I wish this was also a rule at the NIWA forums because then about 40% of SMB's posts would violate this rule. oO
It is. SMB is an admin, he should enforce it

Super Mario Bros. said:
I agree with this.

Super Mario Bros. said:

Super Mario Bros. said:

Super Mario Bros. said:

Super Mario Bros. said:

Super Mario Bros. said:
Tucayo said:
Well, we cover M&SATOWG completely, because Mario is there. If you see SOnic, Tails or any of those articles, just info related to Mario games appears :police:
That is correct.

Super Mario Bros. said:

Just a few examples of such cases.

I'm just saying my opinion, and I will be blunt:

That rule is just plain dumb. What if the only I have to add to a conversation are those one-worded responses?

Ugozima said:
Then don't make a response. -_-
But I have a right to add my opinion. Who wants to read a whole bunch of bulecrap, when you can get to the point easily?

In example, saying "I really like this idea because..." and then adding a whole bunch of reasons that the original poster put is pointless. I might as well just say "Cool," or "Per."

SMB said:
Ugozima said:
But I have a right to add my opinion. Who wants to read a whole bunch of bulecrap, when you can get to the point easily?

In example, saying "I really like this idea because..." and then adding a whole bunch of reasons that the original poster put is pointless. I might as well just say "Cool," or "Per."

Super Mario Bros. said:
Tucayo said:
Well, we cover M&SATOWG completely, because Mario is there. If you see SOnic, Tails or any of those articles, just info related to Mario games appears.
That is correct.

^ See this example. Your post servers no purpose whatsoever. It's like saying "That is correct" every time someone says a true statement. Tucayo wasn't even asking a question in that quote; it was a statement.

@SMB - Yes, but there is a rule against it. (Even though the mod's don't seem to enforce it)

It's still a rule.

Ugozima said:
@SMB - Yes, but there is a rule against it. (Even though the mod's don't seem to enforce it)

It's still a rule.
Well, I'm just saying that the rule sucks. But what ever.

Sheep Man said:
SMB said:
Ugozima said:

Super Mario Bros. said:
Tucayo said:
Well, we cover M&SATOWG completely, because Mario is there. If you see SOnic, Tails or any of those articles, just info related to Mario games appears.
That is correct.

^ See this example. Your post servers no purpose whatsoever. It's like saying "That is correct" every time someone says a true statement. Tucayo wasn't even asking a question in that quote; it was a statement.
Well, I'm sorry that it cannot be hosted on a server.

SMB said:
Well, I'm sorry that it cannot be hosted on a server.

How is this related to the discussion at hand?

Ok, but your one-word comments still serve no purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back