What Pokemon type do YOU wanna see?

What Pokemon Type do you want to see Nintendo/Gamefreak use for a possible 6th Generation?

• Rock/Dragon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ice/Steel

• Bug/Psychic

• Bug/Dark

• Bug/Ice

• Normal/Ghost

• Grass/Ghost

• Ghost/Psychic

• Rock/Ghost

• Electric/Psychic

• Bug/Dragon

• Fighting/Electric

• Fighting/Ground

• Normal/Dark

• Normal/Fire

• Normal/Bug

• Normal/Steel

• Normal/Dragon

• Normal/Ground

• Normal/Rock

• Normal/Poison

• Normal/Ice

• Normal/Electric

• Poison/Rock

• Psychic/Poison

• Poison/Ice

• Poison/Electric

• Poison/Steel

• Ice/Fighting

• Fighting/Dragon

• Fighting/Ghost

• Rock/Ice

• Rock/Electric

• Total voters
I think that there are way too many type-combinations, and if they stop at Generation V, I would hate for those types above to never get used.

I'll try to get all results up there, so don't be surprised if your vote is removed when updating it.

Re: Pokemon Types not used yet.

The ice/fire, water/fire/ and grass/fire options sound interesting, specifically since the fire sort of contradicts those types (it melts ice, burns grass, and gets extinguished by water). It'd be cool to see how those 3 type combinations are used.

Ghost/Normal would also be cool.

I made a type combo of my own before. Grass/Ghost, I imagined it as a Jack-O-Latern.

Steel/Ghost would be awesome. I love steel types

Aqua Soul said:
I made a type combo of my own before. Grass/Ghost, I imagined it as a Jack-O-Latern.

That's sort of funny, because I thought of the same thing too. But...after thinking about it, i would picture a Jack-O-Latern as Grass/Fire.

I picture Grass/Ghost like a Totem pole or like masks and vudo dolls that would be used in rituals. Ghost for the representation and grass for the wood-based products.

Koopa Kid said:
Steel/Ghost would be awesome. I love steel types

I love that typing too. It would be very powerful as well. I picture that as a sort of Grandfather clock, since many scary stories have a clock ringing out of nowhere (very creepy), and steel part being the fact that many parts are metal.

Pandapowah said:
Steel/Ghost sounds awesome.
But there is already a Ice/Dark pokemon.

I fixed it. I'm not surprised by the fact of some of them repeated.

grimAuxiliatrix said:
Aqua Soul said:

That's sort of funny, because I thought of the same thing too. But...after thinking about it, i would picture a Jack-O-Latern as Grass/Fire.

I picture Grass/Ghost like a Totem pole or like masks and vudo dolls that would be used in rituals. Ghost for the representation and grass for the wood-based products.

Just curious. Why do you see a Jack-O-Lantern designed pokemon as part fire? Because people put candles in them? I thought them being part ghost was due to the fact that Jack-O-Lanterns are used used during Halloween. Although I can see your interpretation of grass/ghost pokemon as well.

Anyway, I personally would like to see an electric/dark type. I think it would do well to symbolize the fact that people have both good and bad traits. With the dark half representing the evil side of humans while the electric half symbolizes the good side of humans.

Aqua Soul said:
grimAuxiliatrix said:
Aqua Soul said:

Just curious. Why do you see a Jack-O-Lantern designed pokemon as part fire? Because people put candles in them? I thought them being part ghost was due to the fact that Jack-O-Lanterns are used used during Halloween. Although I can see your interpretation of grass/ghost pokemon as well.

Anyway, I personally would like to see an electric/dark type. I think it would do well to symbolize the fact that people have both good and bad traits. With the dark half representing the evil side of humans while the electric half symbolizes the good side of humans.

The ghost type could work out, but I picture fire because jack-o-lantern. Fire/Ghost would work out, but I highly doubt that they would do that. Besides, a grass/fire type would be very awesome.

As for the electric/dark, why did people classify electric type as the opposite of Dark type? It's obviously ghost based on weaknesses and resistance.

Personally - even though it would be like 4 generations late - they should add a Light type. I'm sort of tired of Electric being declared "light" and dark being "dark".

grimAuxiliatrix said:
Personally - even though it would be like 4 generations late - they should add a Light type. I'm sort of tired of Electric being declared "light" and dark being "dark".

I agree. What would the type-effectiveness be? I was thinking super-effective against dark and ghost offensivley, while dark is super-effective against light defensivley.

Fighting is more or less the Light type. That's why it's super effective against Dark, which is literally the Evil-type in Japan.

^That's what I sort of thought.

A Normal/Ghost type would be interesting.

I voted steel/ghost, but I welcome any ghosts <3333

Good idea. Add levitate and you've got a pokemon with immunity to Normal, Fighting, Poison, and Ground. Plus a whole bunch of resistances. XD

grimAuxiliatrix said:
The ghost type could work out, but I picture fire because jack-o-lantern. Fire/Ghost would work out, but I highly doubt that they would do that. Besides, a grass/fire type would be very awesome.

As for the electric/dark, why did people classify electric type as the opposite of Dark type? It's obviously ghost based on weaknesses and resistance.

About the jack-o-lantern being part fire-type: Man, I'm oblivious. I need to work on my observation skills.

As for the electric/dark: I guess people classify electric as light because electricity is a source of light. I still agree with you about adding a light-type though.

@ Dr. Javelin: I see what you mean, but dark-types aren't effective against fighting-types making it one-sided and essentially means good always triumphs over evil, which isn't always the case as there are some occassions where in fictional media victory goes to the bad guys. I guess what I'm trying to say is that a new type entitled "light" should be introduced which can be super
-effective against dark-types, but unlike fighting-types, also suffer super-effective hits from dark-types. Also, regarding any ghost-types, this may sound insane, but I want ghost to be paired with every type.

I don't know why but I would love a Water/Fire one.

A Flying/Fighting type would be cool.

Light type would probably be something like this:

Weak to - Ghost, Poison, Psychic
Resistant to - Fighting, Bug
Immune to - Dark
Normal Damage - The rest.
Effective against - Fighting, Bug, Ghost, Dark

If you take notice: Dark type, Ghost type, Bug type, Psychic, and Fighting Type are all very alike in type effectiveness.

Ornithologist Mario said:
A Flying/Fighting type would be cool.

Thank you, I think that it would be amazing to see it come true. For some reason, I see it as a mix of a songbird and an archangel, but that's just how my mind works.

I was thinking of a Farfetch'd evolution, but I like the Songbird/Archangel idea.

End the end, in every single popular story, good wins. Which is pathetic in my opinion and only works because if evil wins, it's less popular. Which means less money.

Fire/Ghost exists; it's called Chandelure. Has the highest non-legendary Sp. Atk in Pokemon.

Water/Fire would be interesting, but very hard to imagine. Perhaps a Pokemon that's split into halves of fire and water?

Flying/Fighting would be awesome. Imagine some sort of angel with a sword or something.
EDIT: Doah. Too late.

Dr. Javelin said:
End the end, in every single popular story, good wins. Which is pathetic in my opinion and only works because if evil wins, it's less popular. Which means less money.

Fire/Ghost exists; it's called Chandelure. Has the highest non-legendary Sp. Atk in Pokemon.

Water/Fire would be interesting, but very hard to imagine. Perhaps a Pokemon that's split into halves of fire and water?

Flying/Fighting would be awesome. Imagine some sort of angel with a sword or something.

Water/Fire could be a whale erupting from its spout or a Fire Kraken(sp?).

Good usually trumps evil because stories usually have a moral or a theme, so I don't think being evil is going to teach anybody.

Regarding the light type, I was thinking:

Weak to - dark, normal (I feel sorry for the normal type not being super-effective against anything)
Resistant to - psychic, dragon
Immune to -none
Normal Damage - The rest.
Effective against - Dark, ghost, bug

Also, regarding my earlier suggestion of having a ghost being paired with every type: I meant being paired with a type that the ghost-type hasn't been paired with before.

I'm curious how a normal/ghost would look though. I mean, normal is just so...plain.

I'm not sure what generic normal types look like.

Evil wins could teach harsh reality. Not good for small children but would help older kids not be as naive in the real world.

Generic normal types are the pathetic Pokemon that appear early in the game and are usually colored brown or white. Rattata, Snubbull, Zigzagoon, Bidoof, and Patrat for each generation.

Dr. Javelin said:
Evil wins could teach harsh reality. Not good for small children but would help older kids not be as naive in the real world.
Off-subject: Yeah, I agree with that. That's also another reason why I didn't like the Mario cartoons (Bowser lost in every single episode, except for the one where he sells fast food).

Somewhat on-topic: Anyone find some of the match-ups to be odd? (Bugs are strong against psychic, ghost, and dark. Poison is weak to psychic and can't do a thing to steel, etc.)

More on-topic: Normal/ghost type would be immune to fighting, other ghosts, resist fighting). Hmm...if Game Freak and Nintendo were to create such a pokemon, I'd probably use normal-types more often.

Back