What Pokemon type do YOU wanna see?

What Pokemon Type do you want to see Nintendo/Gamefreak use for a possible 6th Generation?

• Rock/Dragon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ice/Steel

• Bug/Psychic

• Bug/Dark

• Bug/Ice

• Normal/Ghost

• Grass/Ghost

• Ghost/Psychic

• Rock/Ghost

• Electric/Psychic

• Bug/Dragon

• Fighting/Electric

• Fighting/Ground

• Normal/Dark

• Normal/Fire

• Normal/Bug

• Normal/Steel

• Normal/Dragon

• Normal/Ground

• Normal/Rock

• Normal/Poison

• Normal/Ice

• Normal/Electric

• Poison/Rock

• Psychic/Poison

• Poison/Ice

• Poison/Electric

• Poison/Steel

• Ice/Fighting

• Fighting/Dragon

• Fighting/Ghost

• Rock/Ice

• Rock/Electric

• Total voters
*checks Bulbapedia*

I also missed Water and Fire

I only missed 3. Not bad.

I almost want to move to Japan. Too bad I can't write/read Japanese.

Still, Generation VI's Elite 4 should have Normal, Electric, Grass, and Flying. Also, doesn't it seem odd that it's called the Elite 4
when you have to fight 5 people.

The original Elite Four was only four. You just had to face Blue because he beat them first (as always).

Dr. Javelin said:
Gen V was a drastic change from Gen IV. Gen IV was a drastic change from Gen III. What more do you want?

They always have this: This guy wants to be a Pokemon Champion! Choose one from three starters, battle your rival, Team *insert something here*, become champion!

And I thought Gen V broke tradition enough...

What could be more fun than beating the champion? Besides, in Black/White you have to face someone else.

Pokemon Yellow made your starter Pikachu.

Wow, we really went off-topic. No need to worry! I'll get us back on track.

Imagine a zombie-like pokemon that was ghost/ground. Cool, but disturbing for a children's game.

Or maybe ghost/fighting, the deceased spirit of a martial arts master/fighting pokemon.

Dr. Javelin said:

What could be more fun than beating the champion? Besides, in Black/White you have to face someone else.

In my opinion, the Pokemon games have become rather cumbersome for me. Dunno about you, but I got completely bored by Generation IV.

Maybe you have a different opinion, but Pokemon games just bore me these days.

Baby Luigi said:
Dr. Javelin said:

In my opinion, the Pokemon games have become rather cumbersome for me. Dunno about you, but I got completely bored by Generation IV.

Maybe you have a different opinion, but Pokemon games just bore me these days.

Gen IV was pretty boring after a while. I might be addicted to Pokemon, though, because after I sold my DS Lite and Diamond, they soon announced Gen V.

And I was desperate for it.

Generation V interests me more though because of all the good Pokemon, and the majority of them are actually somewhat trainable.

Spr_5b_623.png

Golurk says hello to Ghosts and other Ground types.

Ghost/Fighting would be interesting though.

Obviously by now you should have guessed that I though (and searched and created) many of these types.

Ice/Fire would be sort of a witch; Rock/Ghost would be based on a skeleton; Fighting/Flying would be a mix between a songbird and an archangel; Poison/Dragon I picture as being based on Medusa or a snake; Grass/Dragon would be difficult, but I picture it as a final evolution of a Grass Starter with some lizard features; Bug/Psychic seems to me like a pixie or fairy, and even with six weaknesses, it at least have 4 resistances, one of them being 4x resistant to fighting.

P.S. Dr. Javelin, on your scary dragon list, you forgot Kingdra in Gen II.

grimAuxiliatrix said:
Obviously by now you should have guessed that i though (and searched and created) many of these types. ice/fire would be sort of a witch. rock/ghost would be like a skeleton. fighting/flying would be a mix between a songbird and an archangel. poison/dragon i picture being based off of medusa. grass/dragon would work for one sort of mixed with a dinosaur. bug/psychic would be pretty bad though, as it doesn't have many resistances either.
Poison/Dragon looks like the best right now typewise, though an Ice/Fire would be interesting to look at.

grimAuxiliatrix said:
also, just to dr javilen, kingdra was the only dragon in gen II.

Doah. I don't actually have any Gen II games, so I thought that Tyranitar was the only Dragon-ish Pokemon in Gen II...I'll add Kingdra to my original post.

Dr. Javelin said:
Poison/Dragon looks like the best right now typewise, though an Ice/Fire would be interesting to look at.

Take a gander at the Psychic/Dark typing. It has a double weakness to bug, the rest are amazing. Then again, it would only have an immunity to Psychic.

grimAuxiliatrix said:
Dr. Javelin said:

Take a gander at the Psychic/Dark typing. It has a double weakness to bug, the rest are amazing. Then again, it would only have an immunity to Psychic.

Bug is a pretty rare type competitively, so it would be pretty useful. Maybe some kind of evil fortuneteller?

If inanimate objects could have Pokemon types, the Dark Prognosticus would be Dark/Psychic.

Dr. Javelin, I forgot to tell that P/D is the type I voted for. And I think I already said this before, but I picture it as a Phantom that wears a Theatre Face(s) and is like a detached Puppet. Very scary, but I did a lot of research and I can tell you that it would be very awesome.

EDIT - I added Double Typing and Three types because I did say "any typing possible."

grimAuxiliatrix said:
Dr. Javelin, I forgot to tell that P/D is the type I voted for. And I think I already said this before, but I picture it as a Phantom that wears a Theatre Face(s) and is like a detached Puppet. Very scary, but I did a lot of research and I can tell you that it would be very awesome.

EDIT - I added Double Typing and Three types because I did say "any typing possible."

Voted for Ice/Fire because if they can do it well, it would be awesome. The Freezeflame Galaxy was at any rate.

Dr. Javelin said:
grimAuxiliatrix said:

Voted for Ice/Fire because if they can do it well, it would be awesome. The Freezeflame Galaxy was at any rate.

I'm going to tell you something.

I made an entire generation worth of Pokemon I created, researched about, and named. I am almost done, but I do have 120 done so far.

I created a Ice-type based off of a Snowflake that evolves into a Ice/Fire Type based on this witch. There was much research on it, but I created it. I might tell you the names another time.

I did the same with a Steel type that I based off of a gear that evolved into a Steel/Ghost type that was based on a Godfather clock. Not as much research, and the names came easy to me for some reason. Again, I won't tell you the names until another time (maybe)

For those two, I would have them be version-exclusives.

I didn't say it earlier because I was certain that if I said it right from the getgo that I would be either asked about it or be seen as some uber-fan. I hope that still doesn't happen.

grimAuxiliatrix said:
Dr. Javelin said:
grimAuxiliatrix said:

I'm going to tell you something.

I made an entire generation worth of Pokemon I created, researched about, and named. I am almost done, but I do have 120 done so far.

I created a Ice-type based off of a Snowflake that evolves into a Ice/Fire Type based on this witch. There was much research on it, but I created it. I might tell you the names another time.

I did the same with a Steel type that I based off of a gear that evolved into a Steel/Ghost type that was based on a Godfather clock. Not as much research, and the names came easy to me for some reason. Again, I won't tell you the names until another time (maybe)

For those two, I would have them be version-exclusives.

I didn't say it earlier because I was certain that if I said it right from the getgo that I would be either asked about it or be seen as some uber-fan. I hope that still doesn't happen.

Instant Uber-fan status achieved.

Not really. Most gamers have wanted to design a character, but most don't have the skills, creativity, or are just too lazy to actually do it. This is pretty impressive.

I actually was part of something like this a few years ago. We were noobish 6th graders and wanted to make Pokemon Topaz right after Gen IV was released. We were even planning to bill Game Freak. It was a ridiculous plan, but we did come up with a few good concepts (like a region map) before the project fell apart because we got bored.

Not gonna talk about it if that's not what you want, but it would be nice to hear more about this.

That's actually really awesome that you were able to do that. I would ask more, but I know how it feels when you have something you made yourself that you wanna keep private, so I'll respect that. I wish I could do that, but I only have one artistic bone in my body, and it's reserved for music, so I don't have the skills. I think it's something to be proud of.

grimAuxiliatrix said:
Who knows? Maybe Nintendo will see this thread and actually be like "Okay, they want these types in the next game."

I can still dream, right?

and you're gonna keep dreaming.

it'd be surprised if nintendo gave a rats ass about its fan sites lmao.

Now, I already told you a lot of my ideas for what you would picture for each type, but I think I'm starting to bore you.

Pick a type in that list, and tell us what you would picture it as. ;D

Back