What Pokemon type do YOU wanna see?

What Pokemon Type do you want to see Nintendo/Gamefreak use for a possible 6th Generation?

• Rock/Dragon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ice/Steel

• Bug/Psychic

• Bug/Dark

• Bug/Ice

• Normal/Ghost

• Grass/Ghost

• Ghost/Psychic

• Rock/Ghost

• Electric/Psychic

• Bug/Dragon

• Fighting/Electric

• Fighting/Ground

• Normal/Dark

• Normal/Fire

• Normal/Bug

• Normal/Steel

• Normal/Dragon

• Normal/Ground

• Normal/Rock

• Normal/Poison

• Normal/Ice

• Normal/Electric

• Poison/Rock

• Psychic/Poison

• Poison/Ice

• Poison/Electric

• Poison/Steel

• Ice/Fighting

• Fighting/Dragon

• Fighting/Ghost

• Rock/Ice

• Rock/Electric

• Total voters
Re: Pokemon Types not used yet.

For Normal types, we also get Blissey and Porygon and its evolutions, so I don't know what really defines a Normal type.

The Pokemon anime teaches kids that evil always loses. Two words: Team Rocket.

Normal type just seems useless IMO. Does anyone want to be Normal? Have plans to be Normal?

Bug type is weird and probably shouldn't exist; Game Freak probably needed 16 types for Gen I and just decided on Bug. That's why we have on odd 17 types now (Dark was added next gen). I use the Bug type with Volcarona because of its weirdness. It hits Psychic and Dark hard and they don't have many weaknesses so it's pretty effective.

Dr. Javelin said:
The Pokemon anime teaches kids that evil always loses. Two words: Team Rocket.

Normal type just seems useless IMO. Does anyone want to be Normal? Have plans to be Normal?

Black and White/Best Wishes kind of fixed the Team Rocket problem.

I'd be willing to use normal-types if they were super-effective against something.

I think that's the reason for normal types. To be average and not super effective against anything.

Forgot about Team Rocket not blasting off every episode these days. It's a major improvement. Though if you think about it, Black and White had one of the least successful villainous teams. Team Rocket was much more successful in Red/Blue.

Normal types do have the advantage that they are immune to ghost types and are only weak to fighting. Their STAB attacks also are only resisted by Rock, Steel, and Ghost.

Ornithologist Mario said:
I think that's the reason for normal types. To be average and not super effective against anything.

Neutral coverage is good and at times more important then super effective damage.

Hence why the almighty salamence is so good at what he does is due to huge move pool and large neutral coverage.

Although normal does have some powerful moves. Return and facade come to mind.

If I recall having a status on you boosts facades power to a whopping 140. Which is freaking awesome for Brelom(toxic heal) and anyone else that has guts.

Of course STAB bonuses is probably the most important element though.

Hence why post people put facade/return on snorlax due to his already huge attack stat but with STAB thats some pretty big damage.

Normal types do have the advantage that they are immune to ghost types and are only weak to fighting. Their STAB attacks also are only resisted by Rock, Steel, and Ghost.

Being weak to fighting can be a huge downfall however. Especially against Blaziken(hi jump kick) or Machamp(dynamic punch). Alot of other fighting moves that are deadly too, such as close combat and mach punch. Normal type isn't all that. It only boosts ghost immunity with no resistances which sucks when you encounter big hitters. Typing is everything in pokemon. This is really proven with excution of pokemon typing from Scizor, empoleon, heatran, and even can save all frail Lucario.

On the bright side though there is no rock weakess in normal type so not all is lost.

Dragon type still ends up being the best neutral coverage move because of Draco Meteor and Outrage, which are ridiculously powerful with STAB. Add the fact that many Dragon types can learn Flamethrower to take out Steels and you've got complete coverage.

Maybe some sort of Eastern-style dragon, though Gyarados already has that taken. I can see some sort of Shaymin-Gyarados-Serperior kind of thing.

Though it hates Ice-type and would have one of the worst typings in the entire game.

Dr. Javelin said:
Maybe some sort of Eastern-style dragon, though Gyarados already has that taken. I can see some sort of Shaymin-Gyarados-Serperior kind of thing.

Though it hates Ice-type and would have one of the worst typings in the entire game.
this this this

Grass dragon would be pretty awful and grass has weaknesses to common attack types as well, including the dragon weakness to top it off and that's just gross.

I haven't done the measuring or anything but I wonder how poison/dragon or steel/dragon would do.

Both other types boost some good resistances, so it's something to think about.

Haha I totally forgot about Dialga, thanks walker.

Although I wouldn't mind see more or something not uber, lmao.

How about Dragon/Dragon?

that'd be like the worst typing in history.

Zae said:
Although I wouldn't mind see more or something not uber, lmao.
I agree; some of the legendary Dragon combos should be used for more than legendaries.
1337 said:
Problem? 4x weaknesses for Ice and Dragon but gets double the STAB.
Are you sure about that?

1337 said:
Problem? 4x weaknesses for Ice and Dragon but gets double the STAB.

ICE AND DRAGON

Have you forgotton that some of the deadliest moves and sweepers are DRAGON AND ICE pokemon or something?

Dragons usually can learn Brick Break, Flamethrower so yeah Ice can be dead if the Dragon type is faster the Ice type.

Back