Super Mario RPG or Paper Mario?

Which game do you think is better Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars or Paper Mario?

• Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Paper Mario

Votes: 15 83.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I could never get into Super Mario RPG. I don't know why.

Paper Mario.

SMRPG was more RPG-ish, but lacked Mario content. As many of the enemies weren't exactly classic, or they were given uneccessary new names. (I belive Dry Bones were changed to Vomer, while Bob-Ombs were changed into Rob-Ombs). With the exception of anybody who was a Mario character to begin with, no other chracter in the game ever showed up again, (save for Geno's cameo in Superstar Saga). Both are good games, SMRPG is just highly overrated while Paper Mario is underrated.

Paper Mario, though it was the only one I played

I've played both. I'll go for Paper Mario, despite the fact SMRPG is a fun game to me.

Paper Mario.

Way better characters, writing, locations, and ost.

Not to mention the badge system brings several different ways to play.

SMRPG just felt really boring and most of the ost is rather bland compared to PM's. Writing was also pretty bad for the most part.

Although SMRPG is harder, but that's about it really.

Something else I forgot to mention is that the players actually know what to do for the action commands, unlike in Super Mario RPG whose action commands are vauge.

Aqua Soul said:
As many of the enemies weren't exactly classic, or they were given uneccessary new names. (I belive Dry Bones were changed to Vomer, while Bob-Ombs were changed into Rob-Ombs).
Actually, Rob-ombs are a Bomb-omb sub-species. Along with being a different palette, they happened to be slightly stronger than regular Bob-ombs.

Paper Mario, because of the humor in it.
At least Super Mario RPG has a funny song

I always liked Paper Mario more. The music is better, the puzzles are harder, and there's more to do.

Aqua Soul said:
Snowstalker said:
Mariomario64 said:
Whittle said:
I haven't played either of them

What's wrong with you?

Whoa, dude. That's a bit harsh. They were probably too young to play videogames when those 2 games were relased. (Although, they could play it on the Virtual Console now.)

I might start yet another file of Paper Mario later today.

It's a joke. That's the disadvantage of being a sarcastic person online; it's harder to detect snark in text than in voice.

Sorry, my bad.

Although it would help if you were to give some kind of indication you were sarcastic.
Like, <sarcasm> or Sarcasm Meter: 9/10

super mario rpg its my favorite mario game all time for sure

Back