Answer this question

• Yes

Votes: 15 88.2%
  • No

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

ToxBox

Power Star
I just played in online matches and 90% of smashers don't use shield or dodge rolling and I use those easily

YES, who the heck doesn't? I will kick those those smashers' butts using Mario.

A dumb question, since Brawl heavily requires you to do a lot of dodging against opponents who like to gang up on you. If you don't learn to use your shield, you won't last very long.

Yeah, although sometimes I get a little too roll-happy and screw myself over. :l
And you definitely have to be careful with Jigglypuff's shield. Learned that the hard way D:

Hm, I dodge more often than I shield, but I still shield quite often. In Brawl, I use the shield more often, but that's due to the defensive gameplay.

schmutz said:
Yeah, although sometimes I get a little too roll-happy and screw myself over. :l
And you definitely have to be careful with Jigglypuff's shield. Learned that the hard way D:
Jigglypuff dies right?

Yes, I use the roll thing.

1337 said:
schmutz said:
Jigglypuff dies right?

Unless you're under a non-pass-through barrier. Then you're just vulnerable for like ever.

I roll constantly. I usually don't do smash attacks until I roll to the other side of my opponent (so they can't hit me while I try to attack). I don't use the shield too much.

I tend to do sidesteps the most. Rolling dodges the 2nd most and shielding the least. After all, offense isn't the only important thing. Defense is important as well. I don't shield that much as people can grab you.

Shield, roll, air dodge, and sidestep dodge a lot. IMO, only n00bs people who don't play seriously don't shield

I'm surprised that you guys all say you shield, because me and my brothers never shield or dodge. We just fight without thinking of any strategy more complex than "Falcon Kick spam! :D"

I never play on too high a difficulty, so I just hold down like crazy when he does that.
/noob

You know, it really does kill me if I can't dodge or shield.

Back