Mario & Luigi 3DS

Koopaul said:
M&L series is famous for its sprite and art style. 3DS is a console designed for 3D. I don't see them carrying over a sprite based franchise to the 3DS.
3D environments with 2D sprites work fine. I'm thinking like the recent Pokémon games.

Or, I guess they wouldn't HAVE to make it 3D at all.

Maybe. But perhaps its time for a new kind of Mario RPG. There's only been three variations so far. Time for a new one I think!

^Hm, that sounds like a good idea; however, what do you think it would be based on? I'm still hoping to see a RPG game with the actual Mario characters in it as opposed to exclusive characters (such as the Paper Mario characters/partners). I believe you mentioned this earlier on another thread, and I found this idea to be quite interesting. It could really diversify the Mario series and its actual characters.

In SPM, the characters were Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser. If only we could add Toad, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, and Wario into it (+ a more 3D layout); a really interesting game could start up (perhaps more characters as well). Perhaps a game that explores different Mario locations such as the Mushroom Kingdom, Yoshi's Island, DK's Jungle, and so on. I like the Mario & Luigi series; however, I think that it is time that the other major characters (aside from Mario and to an extent Luigi) deserve more attention to being in the Mario games...

Mason said:
The next Mario and Luigi should have a Mushroom Kingdom as big as the one in Paper Mario 64.

Different design of course, but the Mushroom Kingdom in M&L3 felt very limited. The biggest (feeling) kingdom seemed to be the Beanbean Kingdom in M&L1 but my favorite game was still M&L2.
I think Stardust Fields was the biggest area

Back