What Characters, Tracks, and Features Do You Want in a Wii U Mario Kart?

POW

Proud Manufacturer of Item Boxes
It almost goes without saying that there will eventually be a Mario Kart game for Wii U.

What features, characters and tracks would you like to be in this game? I can think of some tracks from Super Circuit--Cheep-Cheep Island, Sky Garden, and Ribbon Road to name a few--which would make good retro tracks. For characters, I would like to see Hammer Bro and Shy Guy.

What would you like to see?

Right now I'm just looking foward to the map that will (hopefully) appear on the screen on the controller. I don't really care too much about characters or courses (unless the courses are annoying), but I'd like to see a less forgiving game come in the Wii U package.

http://forum.mariowiki.com/index.php?topic=11437.0

That thread is about Mario Kart 3DS. We're talking about the potential Wii U Mario Kart game.

Oh right, I've misread this very long title about a game that doesn't exist yet.

maybe you have to make another topic talking about whether Wii U woul release new games of old series like Kart U, Galaxy U, Paper U etc
or this would not easily be a independent topic under an assumption

Did the Gamecube ever had a "Super Mario Gamcube", or "Mario Kart Gamecube"?
I know it's not.

Why are we talking about this now. Let's wait until Mario Kart 3DS is out.

I would like a jukebox feature, where you can listen to all the games music. I would also like the ability to individually adjust the sound effects and music volume.

And that Luigi's Mansion track from the 3DS trailer would make an awesome track on a console.

Cackletta said:
I would like a jukebox feature, where you can listen to all the games music. I would also like the ability to individually adjust the sound effects and music volume.

And that Luigi's Mansion track from the 3DS trailer would make an awesome track on a console.
I agree. :)

I can't think of any characters in particular, but I think they should add Circuitbreak Island, the place that Luigi mentioned during one of his stories in Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door.

Doctor Nega said:
I can't think of any characters in particular, but I think they should add Circuitbreak Island, the place that Luigi mentioned during one of his stories in Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door.
That has a chance that could be in Mario Kart 3DS

Luigi's Mansion said:
I want more characters, and mainly, the return of Petey
Yeah! How could I forget? Petey Piranha should return to the game! In MKW, he appeared as a Kart. :-\

I might like an Isle Delfino resident character as well.

'3K said:
TRACK. EDITOR.
Yes, that's a great idea. The new Wii U controller could make an excellent track editing tool.

To me, it just seems unlikely that this could happen because Mario Kart is marketed as a mainly casual game, but if Nintendo's ever going to implement such a feature, they should do it with the Wii U.

I don't want a mundane track editor like in Diddy Kong Racing, though.

Maybe they can have a lot of customization, like in Spore. What I really want is the ability to change color of the karts.

I would also like different types of vehicles such as planes.

Extremely customizable cars, not just changing the body and the wheels.

Do you mean painting the kart, or something more specific?

Back