POLL: Super Guide: Good or Bad?

What's your opinion on the Super Guide?

• Good, it helps inexperienced players finish the game.

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Bad, it kind of takes away the game's challenge.

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I don't care, I don't use the Super Guide.

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • What's the Super Guide?

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

Gumball Machine

Celestial Guide
Ever since New Super Mario Bros. Wii was released, a new feature was created by Nintendo: the Super Guide. When a player loses so many lives in a level, they can choose to activate the Super Guide which results in the game playing itself to finish the level for the player. Afterwards, it was also in Galaxy 2 and Donkey Kong Country Returns (it may have been in more, but I'm not sure), and the concept was still the same, the game would play itself to help the players proceed. So, what do you guys think of the Super Guide? Yay or nay?

Personally I like the Super Guide as it was the only reason I managed to finish NSMBWii and SMG2, as it helps players with less skill, and can be avoided by players who either have more skill or want a challenge.

Meh, I don't care, I don't use it.

As long as it helps newbies I guess, and as long as it can be avoided.

It seems to be helpful to people who have trouble with the levels. Plus, it's optional, so if you don't like it just don't use it.

At least for me, if I die so much that it has to offer to finish the level for me I'm gonna be way to mad at the level to let it beat me like that.

Meh. If I keep dying in a level, I want to beat it myself. The Super Guide does remove the shiny stars in New Super Mario Bros. Wii, but that isn't really major, especially since I'm playing with my sister most of the time.

I don't care.

I use it when I die too much, but I rarely use it. I saw that pig show up in nearly all the later levels in DKCR

I don't care about the Super Guide, especially since it's something entirely optional. Even if I wind up dying too much in a game, I still don't use it. It's mostly because my pride won't allow me to subject myself to it.

I used it in SMG2 for 2 stars which I needed to unlock the Green Stars. I later then went back and did the levels normally to unlock Grandmaster galaxy. I have never even seen it in other games.

When I used it in SMG2 buti died at the end so I could get a gold ster.

I used it once, when I had 0 lives and really did'nt want to die.

I personally don't mind it. I rarely encounter it, and it is an optional feature. It's not like the game is forcing you to use the Super Guide.

While playing Super Mario Galaxy 2, I kept ignoring the Super Guide Rosalina Spirit after losing more than 10 lives in a single mission. I like to accomplish stuff by myself.

Back