Mario Kart 7

I use
Yoshi + Soda Jet + Mushroom + Beast
Might replace the wheels because it keeps my Acceleration from getting any higher.
Acceleration, Speed, and Handling are the most important stats to me but now it seems that the Handling doesn't seem so important anymore to me since you can automatically drift if you turn tight enough. :/

MnSG said:
Here's what Z'zgashi stated, regarding the best combo situation...

Z'zgashi said:
What you dont seems to understand is that the only 2 stats that REALLY matter are Speed and Accel. Any other stat is literally just preference. You can have the lowest handling possible and still do fine on stages like Neo Bowser City or DK Pass. You can have terrible Off-Road and do fine at Kalamari Desert or Rosalina's Ice World. All you have to do is realize that you need to practice the stages and get over the learning curve when you back off on the handling and such. Learn when to start turns, practice your lines, etc, and any kart will work, but you NEED the Speed and Accel to stay ahead/keep up, and to recover from getting hit (no matter how good you are or how hard you try to avoid it, you WILL get hit).

Basically what Im saying is, you're overplaying how good the pieces are just cuz they have high stats. The good pieces have high stats IN THE IMPORTANT AREAS. Handling, Off-Road, etc, are all just luxuries. Build Speed/Accel, learn to use the kart, and thats the best option available. The only reason anyone would ever want to add in those other stats would be if they want to have a kart they can excel in without putting any work into using it. Those are the karts that are easy to use, but dont give you that 'Funky Kong mode' which lets you get and keep leads. The karts that WILL give you that Funky Kong mode in this game, you need to practice in, cuz they are harder to use. There arent any Flame Runners or Mach Bikes this time around, the good karts actually take practice to use. Take the time to learn in the good karts or go easy mode for less reward, your choice.

If you're wondering, Z'zgashi is a member of the Smash Boards.

I was paying attention to those 2 stats

I unlocked the Pipe Frame quite early actually.

I could probably pull that off (after screwing it up about fifty times).

More combos:

Mario -> Zucchini -> Slim -> Paraglider

Toad -> Zucchini -> Slim -> Paraglider

Bowser -> Soda Jet -> Roller -> Paraglider

Pinkie Pie said:
More combos:

Mario -> Zucchini -> Slim -> Paraglider

Couldn't resist.

I'm trying to practice with:

Koopa -> Koopa Clown -> Red Monster - > Paraglider

Mostly because of the bonuses toward the mini-boost.

But for now I'll stick with:

Luigi -> B Dasher -> Slim -> Paraglider

Shame that I have to wait 3 more weeks to get a 3DS. The wait is killing me, but I have to at least have a birthday present of some kind.

Anyway, I might be using the following combo for Time Trial purposes...

Metal Mario + B Dasher + Monster + Super Glider

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/results.jsp?error_code=006-0612&system=3DS&locale=en_US

Ultraluigi said:
Hyper Yoshi said:
apocalypseArisen said:

Thoughts?

Looks hard to pull off... I should try it :yoshi:
I can never pull off shortcuts like that.

I have done the shortcut but I have only pulled it off a few times. -.-

So my new combo:
Yoshi + Bumble V + Mushroom + Beast
I like the resulting stats of this one but its speed is 3.5, do you think that's an alright speed stat? (Like is it high but not too high?)

Pandapowah said:
Ultraluigi said:
Hyper Yoshi said:
apocalypseArisen said:

Thoughts?

Looks hard to pull off... I should try it :yoshi:
I can never pull off shortcuts like that.

I have done the shortcut but I have only pulled it off a few times. -.-

So my new combo:
Yoshi + Bumble V + Mushroom + Beast
I like the resulting stats of this one but its speed is 3.5, do you think that's an alright speed stat? (Like is it high but not too high?)

That's also one of my combo's :P The other one is Metal Mario + B Dasher + Slim + Ghastly Glider

I doubt that I'll have much use for the Mushroom tires. The Slim tires are a better deal, despite hindering mini-turbo.

The hidden stats are pretty much giving me second thoughts with some of the kart parts. If the Red Monster hinders drifting, then it would be wiser to stick with the Monster, regardless of how weak its acceleration is. Of course, the Cruiser and Heavy characters would have below average drifting, regardless of which wheels they use.

MnSG said:
The hidden stats are pretty much giving me second thoughts with some of the kart parts. If the Red Monster hinders drifting, then it would be wiser to stick with the Monster, regardless of how weak its acceleration is. Of course, the Cruiser and Heavy characters would have below average drifting, regardless of which wheels they use.

The only hidden stats I pay attention to is Mini Turbo and also Sea and Air Speed. But I don't pay attention to those 2 as much as the Mini Turbo stat.

I hate testing a new combo only to unlock new parts, making me switch to another combo. Anyways:

Mario -> B Dasher -> Slim -> Paraglider

Toad -> B Dasher -> Slim -> Paraglider

Pinkie Pie said:
I hate testing a new combo only to unlock new parts, making me switch to another combo.

Yeah when you think you've found a combo that works best for you, the new parts that you'll unlock will make you seem curious with how they'll work out. Of course, some parts are pretty much useless.

Back