Mario Kart 7

The question is, what wheels are you going to use? And glider?

Baby Luigi said:
The question is, what wheels are you going to use? And glider?

Well, if I were to use the Koopa Clown + Roller + Super Glider combo, I'd get good sea control, good air speed, average air handling, and a strong mini-turbo. The small acceleration hindrance that the Koopa Clown offers is negated, thanks to the Roller tires' acceleration boost.

The main flaw with this combo, however, would be the low speed, low weight, and low off-road stats. Drifting would also be hindered if I used a Light class character.

Alternatively, I could swap the Super Glider with the Paraglider (or Swooper) to max out the mini-turbo, but the air speed will drop to boost air handling.

On a different note, my PHP script now includes the hidden stats.

Swooper. The Glider.

I use the Swooper for my Mii Combination, too bad the Beast Glider is the last glider you get.

Well... The Swooper is just called Swoop on mine, but it's basically the same thing.

I have heard high acceleration karts once again have the advantage.

Take that heavyweights!

Well, blame it on the random number generators. That's how I unlocked Pipe Frame last out of all random number generators.

What part do you REALLY want, but not have yet?

I already unlocked all random parts, so the only parts left is the Ghastly Glider. And no, I am NOT motivated to get 20,000 coins for a shoddy gold glider :|

Baby Luigi said:
What part do you REALLY want, but not have yet?

I already unlocked all random parts, so the only parts left is the Ghastly Glider. And no, I am NOT motivated to get 20,000 coins for a shoddy gold glider :|

Don't you mean the Gold Standard? The Gold Glider is unlocked when you collect 10000 coins.

Devil Jin said:
Ill get the gold things eventually.

The Gold Tires are pretty much duds, based on the hidden stats though. While they do have better sea handling than the Slick tires, their air handling is not very good. And their drifting is worse, compared to the Slick's.

Vinnie said:
^What's the best combanation (best stats)? I'm not one to study 1000 (if not 10000) different combanations (I stopped at 3)

There really isn't a best combination, as each combo has its strengths and weaknesses.

MnSG said:
Vinnie said:
^What's the best combanation (best stats)? I'm not one to study 1000 (if not 10000) different combanations (I stopped at 3)

There really isn't a best combination, as each combo has its strengths and weaknesses.

Plus it really depends on your preferences.

Here's what Z'zgashi stated, regarding the best combo situation...

Z'zgashi said:
What you dont seems to understand is that the only 2 stats that REALLY matter are Speed and Accel. Any other stat is literally just preference. You can have the lowest handling possible and still do fine on stages like Neo Bowser City or DK Pass. You can have terrible Off-Road and do fine at Kalamari Desert or Rosalina's Ice World. All you have to do is realize that you need to practice the stages and get over the learning curve when you back off on the handling and such. Learn when to start turns, practice your lines, etc, and any kart will work, but you NEED the Speed and Accel to stay ahead/keep up, and to recover from getting hit (no matter how good you are or how hard you try to avoid it, you WILL get hit).

Basically what Im saying is, you're overplaying how good the pieces are just cuz they have high stats. The good pieces have high stats IN THE IMPORTANT AREAS. Handling, Off-Road, etc, are all just luxuries. Build Speed/Accel, learn to use the kart, and thats the best option available. The only reason anyone would ever want to add in those other stats would be if they want to have a kart they can excel in without putting any work into using it. Those are the karts that are easy to use, but dont give you that 'Funky Kong mode' which lets you get and keep leads. The karts that WILL give you that Funky Kong mode in this game, you need to practice in, cuz they are harder to use. There arent any Flame Runners or Mach Bikes this time around, the good karts actually take practice to use. Take the time to learn in the good karts or go easy mode for less reward, your choice.

If you're wondering, Z'zgashi is a member of the Smash Boards.

Yeah simply put, what Z'zgashi is saying is that if you want to be the best, you have to learn to not rely on the extra statistics to win races. Slower combos excel better at more areas, but in a land race, they'll have their work cut out for them against the faster combos.

Fortunately, the slower combos typically excel a lot better underwater, and in the air, which is usually something that the faster combos tend to greatly lack.

Back