Mario Kart 7

Baby Luigi said:
The only reason I dislike stats is because...look at Mario Kart Wii's online and you'll see why

It's not the stats, but the standstill mini-turbo that ruined Mario Kart Wii. Remove that and the bad accelerators will be way less abused.

But I was thinking about the Funky/Daisy/Baby Daisy abusers, not the vehicles.

Baby Luigi said:
But I was thinking about the Funky/Daisy/Baby Daisy abusers, not the vehicles.

Oh that. I was thinking more about Double Dash!!. Either way, the only stat that characters should have is the weight stat, which would determine how heavy their karts will be.

I agree with that. That's the only one that makes sense.

Heavyweights probably should have less control due to their sturdy nature

MnSG said:
Baby Luigi said:
The only reason I dislike stats is because...look at Mario Kart Wii's online and you'll see why

It's not the stats, but the standstill mini-turbo that ruined Mario Kart Wii. Remove that and the bad accelerators will be way less abused.
Stand still mini turbo?

Yoshidude99 said:
Stand still mini turbo?

While your vehicle is standing still, hold the 1 button and 2 button at the same time. Your vehicle will gain some momentum, and once you see some sparks appear, release the 1 button to get the turbo boost.

Note that I'm referring to the horizontal Wii Remote control scheme.

I'm curious as to how their going to handle drifting. For that matter, is drafting going to be in this game?

Like I've said before, it's exactly as in Mario Kart Wii, as far as I've played the E3 Demo on 2 non-E3 Events.

I'm using the Gamecube controller in Mario Kart Wii.
I seriously can't steer with Wii Wheel.

YamiHoshi.nl said:
I'm using the Gamecube controller in Mario Kart Wii.
I seriously can't steer with Wii Wheel.

It takes a lot of practice to pull off. I've become an expert with the Wii Wheel, especially when you take into account that you can't use the GameCube controller in Excitebots Trick Racing.

Anyway, with that said, back on-topic.

Most probably, as the D-Pad was unused in the trickless Demo.

Back