Mario Kart 7

Baby Luigi said:
I understand. But in the long run, you're still getting the game ;)

Eventually. Just not right off the bat.

Am I the only one who thinks that they should just scrap the SNES courses from the Retro courses? They're nice and all, but I don't really find them to be all that memorable.

Gamefreak75 said:
Am I the only one who thinks that they should just scrap the SNES courses from the Retro courses? They're nice and all, but I don't really find them to be all that memorable.

No, not really. I think they should scrap the retro courses from the most recent Mario Karts, such as Mario Kart Wii. I don't get much nostalgia from racing in Koopa Cape you know.

Gamefreak75 said:

NOOOO!!! These courses have an incredible value of nostalgia... plus, they didn't make any Vanilla Lake nor Bowser Castle, these courses would be awesome in 3D. I think they should recreate every courses of a MK but not sure if it is even possible :P If the MK of the Wii U don't have 5 retro cups, it will be hard to include stages of all the previous installments. :eek:

Wow, SNES Rainbow Road looks amazing! Nintendo really did a great job here! I too also love the plane body piece as well (I'll probably be using this piece when I get to play the game).

It also seems that we got new artwork for the game for the rest of the characters. However, it appears that only Toad, Daisy, and the Mii were the only characters who got new artwork while the others got recycled art...:

120px-Toad_MK7.png
120px-Daisy_Mk7_idk.png
116px-Mii_mk7.png

It looks amazing :D

I cant wait.
They definitely did amazing on Bowser's Castle and Rainbow Road. In fact Nintendo outdid themselves with everything about this game! Nothing compares to this if you ask me. I'm gonna be playing this way more than I played the others. And thats ALOT.

SNES Rainbow Road looks completely fantastic too :D
I Reeeeeallllllly do not want to wait for this anymore. And I have to wait extra for it to be shipped as well D:

Hm, while rewatching the Lightning Cup video it seems to me that the Airship Fortress did change quite a bit in comparison to the other retro courses (perhaps except for SNES Rainbow Road). The background is a lot more stormier and has less of that purple tone from MKDS. The interior of the airship looks quite advanced as well. Also is it just me or are those Banzai Bills moving much faster this time? Some nice additions here as well.

Propeller Toad said:
Hm, while rewatching the Lightning Cup video it seems to me that the Airship Fortress did change quite a bit in comparison to the other retro courses (perhaps except for SNES Rainbow Road). The background is a lot more stormier and has less of that purple tone from MKDS. The interior of the airship looks quite advanced as well. Also is it just me or are those Banzai Bills moving much faster this time? Some nice additions here as well.

Yeah, the Banzai bills are going atleast twice the usual speed. And they werent banzai bills last time, they were Bullet Bills. that might explain it.

There's something I don't get. How can Shy Guy be classified as a middleweight?! It looks more like lightweight material, considering that it was a lightweight in Mario Kart DS.

^Shy Guy is a middleweight now? That was unexpected especially since it appears that Peach is now a lightweight. Were the weights of the characters confirmed from some source as I'm curious to know what the other weights are.

Also it appears that Single Player VS mode will indeed not be in this game. That is unfortunate as the vs mode was one of my favourite parts about Mario Kart. Guess it will be just like Double Dash all over again...I do hope All Cup Tour returns if this is the case...

THOSE FUCKERS DIDN'T GIVE ROSALINA A NEW ARTWORK. THEY JUST RE-USED MARIO KART WII'S.

RAGING NOW. CAP RAGING RIGHT NOW.

Propeller Toad said:
^Shy Guy is a middleweight now? That was unexpected especially since it appears that Peach is now a lightweight. Were the weights of the characters confirmed from some source as I'm curious to know what the other weights are.

Apparently, some time after I made my last post, the weight classifications were removed. They must've been mere speculation.

FMGBASKFH said:
THOSE *bleep*ERS DIDN'T GIVE ROSALINA A NEW ARTWORK. THEY JUST RE-USED MARIO KART WII'S.

RAGING NOW. CAP RAGING RIGHT NOW.

Be glad she's still playable in the game.

Is Vs Mode confirmed for single player? Cause I heard it somewhere that it's multiplayer only.

According to sources starting from the official Japanese website down to the official American website, it appears that the vs. mode is indeed only for multiplayer purposes (hence vs mode (multiplayer only) on the American website).

I personally am not a fan of this as that means we only have the Grand Prix in order to race against the computer players (unless they bring back All-Cup Tour from DD).

Yeah if VS is multiplayer only, All-Cup Tour should come back. Of course, there would have to be two of them; one for the new tracks; the other for the retro tracks.

Propeller Toad said:
According to sources starting from the official Japanese website down to the official American website, it appears that the vs. mode is indeed only for multiplayer purposes (hence vs mode (multiplayer only) on the American website).

I personally am not a fan of this as that means we only have the Grand Prix in order to race against the computer players (unless they bring back All-Cup Tour from DD).
Not a fan of it either... I loved to play VS. because I had the choice to pick a set of tracks in the order of my liking but now I guess I have to either force my brother to play with me or online to play VS.

Customizable karts +air gliding + water driving? Yes
No Vs Mode + some certain characters? No.

Propeller Toad said:
Wow, SNES Rainbow Road looks amazing! Nintendo really did a great job here! I too also love the plane body piece as well (I'll probably be using this piece when I get to play the game).

It also seems that we got new artwork for the game for the rest of the characters. However, it appears that only Toad, Daisy, and the Mii were the only characters who got new artwork while the others got recycled art...:

120px-Toad_MK7.png
120px-Daisy_Mk7_idk.png
116px-Mii_mk7.png

What I'm hoping is that when the arts get relayed to the journalists, there will be solo versions of the Daisy art and the Rosalina art, as well as the one that we see with their vehicles. I have three words for those two pictures -- flat out beautiful.

FMGBASKFH said:
But I want new artwork of Rosalina D:...

And I wanted new artwork of characters not in the game, but we have to move on.

MeritC said:
Propeller Toad said:

120px-Toad_MK7.png
120px-Daisy_Mk7_idk.png
116px-Mii_mk7.png

What I'm hoping is that when the arts get relayed to the journalists, there will be solo versions of the Daisy art and the Rosalina art, as well as the one that we see with their vehicles. I have three words for those two pictures -- flat out beautiful.

The problem is, they might be rather small in size; Dry Bowser doesn't have any high quality artworks of himself.

It's still better than no artwork or no new artwork

Back