Votes: 12 8.1%
  • Rainbow Dash

Votes: 31 20.9%
  • Rarity

Votes: 17 11.5%
  • Fluttershy

Votes: 35 23.6%

• Total voters
Ehhh... not the best episode, but it wasn't bad. The dragons were kinda portrayed as bullies, but it wasn't the worst episode, but if there is a series that I like (excluding Spongebob), I don't hate much on any episodes.

All dragons are total bros.

It took me a while to realize why Spike likes Rarity so much. I thought it was pretty random, until I took a closer look at Rarity's cutie mark.

rarity_cutie_mark_by_blackgryph0n-d3e1iiz.png

Gemstones, aka Spike's favorite food.

Drilbur said:
It took me a while to realize why Spike likes Rarity so much. I thought it was pretty random, until I took a closer look at Rarity's cutie mark.

{image}

Are you implying Spike only likes Rarity for her flank? xD

Drilbur said:

rarity_cutie_mark_by_blackgryph0n-d3e1iiz.png

So you're saying that Spike likes Rarity for, quite literally, her sweet ass? :eek:

^I never thought of that before..........Accidental innuendo?

Anyways, I have been waiting for this episode for 8 days since I first discovered it last last Friday. The section before the Title seemed to me that the writers or whatever was just simply showing off continuities with Fluttershy. Like how she admitted she's deathly afraid of huge dragons all the way back from Dragonshy and her newfound assertiveness for the pretty recent episode. Anyways:

When Spike saw the the dragon migration that comes once every generation, he decides that he doesn't act like a real dragon due to him wearing an apron and Rarity calling him pet names (which any other time he would've been delighted). So him and Twilight did some late night research and found out nothing about how dragons should act. Spike decides to follow the migration not knowing that Twilight, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash will closely follow them. (Why Rainbow Dash too? I have no idea.) Rarity made a poorly made dragon costume for them to hide in. Not to say that Rarity isn't an awesome desinger...but this was not one of her best works. I cringed so bad.

When Spike arrived, he was immediately put up to a numerous of dragon-based test and games. The first one included a belching contest in which when Spike tried, all he got was a letter from Princess Celestia. The leader of the dragons then read the first line and ripped it up in the lava. My first thought: Twilight is going to have a cow about that. She did. And then there was another game, and another, and another, all with Spike failing horribly on each one. Only after Spike proved that he wasn't some kind of pony in disguise and jumped into lava without getting hurt (minus the pain from his belly flop), they finally accepted him.

Then there came the peer pressure of trying to fit even more by going on a raid ("Yeah") to steal Pheonix eggs ("Wait, what?"). Long story short, it didn't succed and Twilight, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash revealed themselves in order to save them. But Spike may of kind of accidentally stole on of the Pheonix eggs and it hatched, so I guess we will have to see if that would be more continuity.

So, moral of the story: it doesn't matter what you are, it only matters who you are....pretty specific actually, and I'm not sure it can work In Real Life with Humans......Oh well. The only thing I didn't like, is the thought that all dragons are evil (except for Spike), which also seems to be more continuity from Dragonshy.

DragonFreak said:
Anyways, I have been waiting for this episode for 8 days since I first discovered it last last Friday. The section before the Title seemed to me that the writers or whatever was just simply showing off continuities with Fluttershy. Like how she admitted she's deathly afraid of huge dragons all the way back from Dragonshy and her newfound assertiveness for the pretty recent episode.
Oh they can show off continuities with Fluttershy but not with Twilight.

ngbbs4d9a4acbbdf08.jpg

I hated the continuity from secret of my excess. I liked the episode in general, but hated the general ponies > dragons attitude surrounding it.

Viceroy Bubbles von Salamancer said:
Dude. It wasn't a major problem. Just temporary blindness.
Plus magic.
I honestly agree with your explanation for the most part.

My problem is that the show doesn't even do that.

It just assumes that the events of the previous episode never happened, or there's so much distance between them that the characters forgot.

Mijzelffan said:
I hated the continuity from secret of my excess. I liked the episode in general, but hated the general ponies > dragons attitude surrounding it.
Me too, though it might be part of me biased, since I freaking LOVE dragons, and I also wanted to see more than just the jerky teenage dragons.

This teaches us the most valuable lesson of all. Don't try to act like teenagers, because they are horrible, horrible creatures.

Loganofan20 said:
Plus magic.

It just assumes that the events of the previous episode never happened, or there's so much distance between them that the characters forgot.
But magic has nothing to do with it either. It was just looking at the sun for like 2 seconds. It takes a lot longer to be completely blind for life like Galileo. Actually, I think the temporarily blindness lasted too long, much like that papercut.

DragonFreak said:
Loganofan20 said:
Plus magic.

But magic has nothing to do with it either. It was just looking at the sun for like 2 seconds. It takes a lot longer to be completely blind for life like Galileo. Actually, I think the temporarily blindness lasted too long, much like that papercut.

Youre trying to put logic, Into a show with magical talking ponies.

Just enjoy it for what it is.

Another thing I found about Spike/Rarity. Their children would be dragon/pony hybrids.

What's another name for that?
Draconequus

Who's a draconequus on this show?

Drilbur said:
Another thing I found about Spike/Rarity. Their children would be dragon/pony hybrids.

Draconequus

Well obviously it would be fire-breathing dragon ponies.
Reminds me of Shrek.

Drilbur said:

Draconequus

Discord is Rarity and Spike's lovechild from the future! We must destroy them!

Monkey D. Luffy said:

Again, Moff's Law. Besides, even fantasy shows have their own internal logic. But I guess I can't get into that because Crocodile Dippy will have another go at me. :rolleyes:

Anyone seen this yet? Another sneak peek at Hurricane Fluttershy:

Oh my god that looks amazing. I'm very excited for it. Something out the English seems a bit off though.

Monkey D. Luffy said:
DragonFreak said:
Loganofan20 said:
Plus magic.

I do. I can't help but put logic into everything.

Back