Votes: 17 11.5%
  • Fluttershy

Votes: 35 23.6%

• Total voters
Loganofan20 said:
'3K said:
so much preview

Spoilers or whatever, obviously

Looks like an interesting episode, but I noticed one thing.

WHERE THE HECK IS TWI'S EYEPATCH?

I mean, I get that she probably ditched the jumpsuit, fixed her hair, and waited for the scar and headbump to heal. But if you go blind in one eye, you're typically blind for life. And there's never been any implication that Twi or any doctors can heal a dead eye.
Maybe it was temporary blindness? Besides, Hasbro's mandate to keep the episodes in any viewable order means that status quo will ALWAYS be restored by the time the next episode airs.

Smashgoom202 said:
Loganofan20 said:
'3K said:
so much preview

Spoilers or whatever, obviously

Looks like an interesting episode, but I noticed one thing.

WHERE THE HECK IS TWI'S EYEPATCH?

I mean, I get that she probably ditched the jumpsuit, fixed her hair, and waited for the scar and headbump to heal. But if you go blind in one eye, you're typically blind for life. And there's never been any implication that Twi or any doctors can heal a dead eye.
Maybe it was temporary blindness? Besides, Hasbro's mandate to keep the episodes in any viewable order means that status quo will ALWAYS be restored by the time the next episode airs.
[/quote
Looking into the sun hurts your eye (as long as it's only a second) but I'm not sure if it blinds you, maybe for a few minutes, but not for too long.

Saw this on Equestria Daily, so I thought I'd check it out, since I like Japan and all:

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/03/friendship-is-magic-from-japanese.html

http://everfreeradio.com/?p=2411

If there's one thing I want to see more than anything, it's a Japanese version of the show... That is, the same show, just with Japanese voice actors. See, voice acting is really big in Japan, so I'm curious about who they chose to play certain characters.

As for their most popular pony, Fluttershy shouldn't come as any surprise, the Japanese view of Moe characters (萌え, pronounced as "Moh-Eh") which basically is a character that's cute, huggable, endearing, and specifically designed to draw sympathy and affection, which fits Fluttershy to a T!

I finally got time to watch the new(est) episode. I love these Twilight episodes. I knew it would be good when she was freaking out how she doesn't have enough time in her schedule to make a new schedule. I totally feel the pain. Anyways, here's the spoilers.

Twilight recieves a mesage from her future (mind you, not distant future, just next Tuesday morning [which by that in itself is hilarious]), and she doesn't listen to herself and keeps asking random and curious question like the bookworm she is. So Future Twilight doesn't get to finish her message making Present Twilight worried like ever. (As a side note, Future Twilight sound different, and also very, very familiar.)

Then Cerberus abandoned his role of guarding Tartarus (which by the way, nice researching, even though it is common knowledge). Fluttershy calmed him down instantly though.

Unfortunately, when Twilight came back, she accidently got a papercut, which is one thing that was on Future Twilight (which stayed on for a week, which slightly doesn't make any sense). So then she decided to do nothing to stop the future instead of doing something giving Spike the oppurtunity to eat as much ice cream as possible.

When even that didn't work, she decided to watch every single thing. And the best line in that episode went something like this: "I thought I saw something in the Crab Nebula, so I watched it for 40 hours straight, but then I realized, it was nothing!" Then Pinkie Pie made her become temporarily blind and needed to wear an eyepatch, another feature of Future Twilight.

So after "breaking in" to a powerful spell library on the night of Monday, she desperately tried to find a spell to stop time all together, but it became Tuesday morning and nothing happened. She then went back in time to warn her about not to worry about her being there, or something like that. And when she doesn't have enough time to do that, she realizes that brought that upon herself making her worry for the whole week.

So, moral of the episode: don't worry over silly things. Yeah, I'll give it 7 minutes of the next episode.

Northern Verve said:
0:13 that dragon has a stupid expression on it's face and did something stupid.

IT MUST BE A STEREOTYPE OF A RETARDED PERSON! CENSOR IT AT ONCE!

Seriously, I'm not still bitter about that whole situaiton, but I'd LIKE a little consistency from these kinds of people.

Anyway, this looks awesome! Dragons are awesome, and ponies dressing up like dragons are awesome!

Crocodile Dippy said:
^How about you just stop? It's just a children's cartoon.

Baaaaaaaaad idea DP

EDIT: Also personally, although I really didn't like how the whole Derpy thing blew up and stuff. But generally "It's just a Cartoon" is a bad thing to say as a response regardless of what a person said or has said.

Crocodile Dippy said:
Touhou is a game, Homestuck is a web comic, Star Wars is movie, Lord of the Rings is a book, and "Wanted Dead or Alive" is a song. Everything is something, who knew? (And I'm not saying I don't anything listed, I actually like some of these)

Smashgoom202 said:
Well aren't you clever. :rolleyes:
More clever than you, considering you seem to believe this cartoon is a shining symbol of our society, and any and all mistakes surrounding it will somehow cause the human race as a whole to gradually lose their innocence, sanity and goodwill.

or put simply, you take this shit way too seriously. Just sit back, relax and enjoy the ponies; no need to overthink everything about it.

Vinyl Scratch said:
Touhou is a game, Homestuck is a web comic, Star Wars is movie, Lord of the Rings is a book, and "Wanted Dead or Alive" is a song. Everything is something, who knew? (And I'm not saying I don't anything listed, I actually like some of these)
Hey look, you can list fiction and what medium they are a part of! Good job, now what was your point?

Vinyl Scratch said:
Crocodile Dippy said:
Yes, they are those things. That doesn't really change Dippy's point at all.

Crocodile Dippy said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Well aren't you clever. :rolleyes:
More clever than you, considering you seem to believe this cartoon is a shining symbol of our society, and any and all mistakes surrounding it will somehow cause the human race as a whole to gradually lose their innocence, sanity and goodwill.

or put simply, you take this *bleep* way too seriously. Just sit back, relax and enjoy the ponies; no need to overthink everything about it.
I'm having SO much fun reading your comments! ;D

Also, Moff's Law.

I'm not the one everyone is making fun of in private boards and chatrooms. That should tell you quite a lot about your reputation around these parts.

Also, broken link, but I actually really don't like MLP. I just know that a great deal of people - both bronies and non-bronies - around here are getting sick of you clogging this topic up with bullshit analysis and non-stop complaining about the perceived societal relevance and philosophical impact you've deluded yourself into thinking the show possesses. At the end of the day, that's not what the show is about at all and it isn't what most people care at all about with this show; they just want to watch a nice, relaxing slice-of-life show.

Crocodile Dippy said:
I'm not the one everyone is making fun of in private boards and chatrooms. That should tell you quite a lot about your reputation around these parts.

Also, broken link, but I actually really don't like MLP. I just know that a great deal of people - both bronies and non-bronies - around here are getting sick of you clogging this topic up with *bleep* analysis and non-stop complaining about the perceived societal relevance and philosophical impact you've deluded yourself into thinking the show possesses. At the end of the day, that's not what the show is about at all and it isn't what most people care at all about with this show; they just want to watch a nice, relaxing slice-of-life show.
Try this:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MoffsLaw

Also, if you don't like it, that's fine. All I ask is that you respect how I like it and not make fun of me for it or how I enjoy/interpret the show.

The reason I'm calling you out on this is because it's ruining the enjoyment of the show for a large portion of the MLP fanbase on this forum, and I think that's bad. I'm sure there are other forums where you can discuss the more intricate details of the show with people who also think the same way, but I haven't seen a single person other than you on this forum express even the slightest interest in discussing My Little Pony as anything more than just a fun, entertaining and cute show.

Basically, please just realize that no one here cares. I'm sorry if that sounds rude, but it's true.

Smashgoom202 said:
There being a law named after somebody that can be interepreted as stating your opponent deserves a "fuck you" does not mean you are right, especially in this day and age where literally anybody can name a law after themselves or their friend and just stick it up on Urban Dictionary or TVTRopes or wherenot.

That said,
Crocodile Dippy said:
"me and my friends call you names behind your back" is also not a reason for somebody to be proclaimed incorrect!

Crocodile Dippy said:
The reason I'm calling you out on this is because it's ruining the enjoyment of the show for a large portion of the MLP fanbase on this forum, and I think that's bad. I'm sure there are other forums where you can discuss the more intricate details of the show with people who also think the same way, but I haven't seen a single person other than you on this forum express even the slightest interest in discussing My Little Pony as anything more than just a fun, entertaining and cute show.

Basically, please just realize that no one here cares. I'm sorry if that sounds rude, but it's true.
Is it now? Can't just ignore what I have to say? Can't just accept that I have my own views of the show? I mean, don't get me wrong, if my complaining is truly getting on everyone's nerves, I'll simmer down, but still, why care about what I have to say?

Yeah, I GET the irony of that statement. You're basically saying no one cares about my pointing out little details of the show and slight criticisms... so here's my question: WHY CALL ME OUT AT ALL IF YOU DON'T CARE?!

May I suggest some Middle Ground?

Smashgoom, may I suggest that you save longer detailed posts for Equestria Forums. And making shorter ones here with different wording but still getting to the main point. If you must make a wall of text here for something. Put it in a Spoiler box. I know you're a member of EqForums too, and I kinda see that you're copying and pasting your posts onto both sites. So why not try to make them at least a little different? Longer posts on Equestria Forums, Smaller posts here.

Northern Verve said:
May I suggest some Middle Ground?

Smashgoom, may I suggest that you save longer detailed posts for Equestria Forums. And making shorter ones here with different wording but still getting to the main point. If you must make a wall of text here for something. Put it in a Spoiler box. I know you're a member of EqForums too, and I kinda see that you're copying and pasting your posts onto both sites. So why not try to make them at least a little different? Longer posts on Equestria Forums, Smaller posts here.
Sounds like a good idea. I tend to jsut copy and paste my reactions to each episode to all the forums I go to and talk about Ponies, because it's easier for me, but I guess not EVERYTHING needs to be said on a given post.

That said, making long posts is a bad habit of mind, so I'll try to tone it down, but I won't make any promises.

Smashgoom202 said:
Also, if you don't like it, that's fine. All I ask is that you respect how I like it and not make fun of me for it or how I enjoy/interpret the show.
I don't exactly remember him making fun of you.

Detective Dick Gumshoe said:
Smashgoom202 said:
I don't exactly remember him making fun of you.
Didn't he say, or imply, that I am the "one everyone is making fun of in private boards and chatrooms"? And even if he didn't, that's beside the point. Point is, I feel like I have the right to speak my mind and give my opinions on the show just as much as everyone else on this board. But if it's really upsetting most people here, like he's saying, I'll stop.

Uniju said:
Crocodile Dippy said:
"me and my friends call you names behind your back" is also not a reason for somebody to be proclaimed incorrect!

not when you put it that way

Back