Votes: 12 8.1%
  • Rainbow Dash

Votes: 31 20.9%
  • Rarity

Votes: 17 11.5%
  • Fluttershy

Votes: 35 23.6%

• Total voters
wait isn't that the same day that the new Doctor Who season starts?

five bucks that tumblr crashes

More then most shows, fans of FiM seem to care more about who's writing the episode then for most other shows. So anyway, I thought I'd post returning and new writers to Season 4

Returning
Meghan McCarthy (Last Episode Written: Crystal Empire, Popular Episodes Written: Dragonshy, Party of One, Lesson Zero, Sweet and Elite, and Canterlot Wedding) [Kinda obvious since she's the story editor now]

Dave Polsky (Last Episode Written: Spike at your Service, Popular Episodes Written: Keep Calm and Flutter On [arguably])

Amy Keating Rogers (Last Episode Written: MMMystery on the Friendship Express, Popular Episodes Written: Applebuck Season, Bridle Gossip, A Dog and Pony Show, Best Night Ever, The Last Roundup)

Corey Powell (Last Episode Written: Just for Sidekicks, Popular Episodes Written: Sleepless in Ponyville)

Charlotte Fullerton (Last Episode Written: Putting Your Hoof Down, Popular Episodes Written: Suited for Success)

Merriwether Williams (Last Episode Written: Spike at your Service, Popular Episodes Written: Wonderbolts Academy)

New Writers

Natasha Levinger (Not too much is known about her)

Josh Haber (Writing Credits only list Kaijudo: Rise of the Duel Masters :V)

Scott Sonneborn (Written for Voltron Force and Generator Rex in recent years, once wrote for Beavis and Butthead and a show called Legion of Super Heroes... 10 bucks he's doing the Superhero episode we saw previews of in the animatics)

Ed Valentine (Wrote some episodes for Fairly Oddparents)

Also M.A Larson won't be writing any episodes for Season 4. Which is a shame, he wrote quite a few of my favorites (Cutie Mark Chronicles, Magic Duel, and Magical Mystery Cure). But he did say if there's a Season 5 he'll definitely return. Besides Larson, the one writer that won't be writing anything for Season 4 is Cindy Morrow. Which as much as I adore two to three of her episodes (Hurricane Fluttershy, Sisterhooves Social, and Read It and Weep) could probably need a break. One Bad Apple and Apple Family Reunion just seemed like failures in comparison to her previous episodes.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the new writers won't be getting the bulk or the work. I assume they'll get 2 episodes at most. As bummed as I am that Larson isn't going to have any episodes in Season 4, still optimistic going in ^^

85 said:
Northern Verve said:
But he did say if there's a Season 5 he'll definitely return.

"If"?

That's not a good sign.

Work on the next season usually starts while the previous season is Airing. (Like pretty much all of Season 3's writing got started on while Season 2 was still being aired.) So we don't know for sure that means Season 4 is the last one.

Even if it did turn out to be the last one though. 91 (The 65 that are already out + the 26 in Season 4) assured episodes isn't exactly a short series sit might be satisfactory enough. I see the show having at least two more seasons though.

Time Turner said:
Northern Verve said:
Ed Valentine (Wrote some episodes for Fairly Oddparents)
New season or old season?

He started writing for the show in 2009. But track record shouldn't be the #1 judge for certain writers. Merriwether Williams wrote some early Spongebob episodes. Included beloved ones like Band Geeks. Yet she's usually considering the weakest writer of FiM overall. Though mainly for her first episode Mysterious Mare-Do-Well.

Before you see it Nabber, I won't be surprised if you don't like it. Even I as someone who's generally positive about the series only found it ok at best. :X

well I got bored a few minutes in and skipped to the end

deus ex machina may be passable in a tv show but in a movie it feels extremely cheap

Gundam Tanaka said:
well I got bored a few minutes in and skipped to the end

deus ex machina may be passable in a tv show but in a movie it feels extremely cheap

Especially when knowing the series it does kinda mess up the whole deus ex Machina thing in the first place

How does Twilight's element have the power to do that Rainbow of Light thing without the other elements?

Back