• Rainbow Dash

Votes: 31 20.9%
  • Rarity

Votes: 17 11.5%
  • Fluttershy

Votes: 35 23.6%

• Total voters
Northern Verve said:
I think it was a good idea for Smashgoom for make a seperate thread for Equestria Girls.

As this tweet confirms that it will be separate from Season 4 anyway.
Well that only makes me more curious about the beginning of the trailer. Like now that it's established that that the actual Twilight DID in fact travel to the human world, I'd like to see that followed-up in the main series. Otherwise, why even bother connecting it to the main series in the first place?

Also, as you may or may not already know, Fluttershy is my favorite character, and as such, it bums me to see people not like her for supposedly being "static" or constantly having to learn the same thing over and over again. This guy addresses those things and defends Fluttershy's character:

...BTW, has anyone else noticed a sudden surge in analysis pony videos as of late?

QuizmoManiac said:
i feel like these videos are over complicating things
Eh, fair enough. If you don't want to look too deeply into things, or think that it kind of hurts the experience more than enhances it, I can't really blame you for that.

That being said, I STILL think Fluttershy fans and non-fans should watch this video, if only to have a second look at Fluttershy's character over the course of the series.

To each is own opinion, and I don't mind if someone looks deeply into the show, but I don't feel that it's for me.

This may or may not determine anything, but just for the heck of it, I'm posting this anyway... Also, I'm referring to The Hub specifically, because they said which of their "Hub Network" characters deserves their own spin-off. Zero guesses as to which show got the most character suggestions. Say who you would like to see in his/her/its own spin-off on The Hub on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/hubtvnetwork/posts/503314099717677

As for myself, I said I'd like a spin-off of either Trixie, Derpy, Discord, and/or Celestia and Luna.

The awkward moment when bronies accuse a person of hating them and attacking them when they say they don't want an MLP character as the character for a spin-off.

Stay classy. :diddy:

Been a bit of a slow news for Friendship is Magic. Mainly because the focus is on Equestria Girls. But I think everybody could appreciate more questions answered by Lauren Faust. This time she didn't answer them on Twitter, she actually braved a visit to 4chan. Specifically the /mlp/ board and opened up a questionaire.

Here's some highlights from it via a Picture

Here's more on Equestria Daily

You have no idea how happy I was to have Lauren confirm that Alicorn Twilight was also in her plans. Perhaps Lauren would of set it up differently, but the logic of it not happening had Lauren been still head of the show is completely debunked.

Season 3 did do what Lauren said about groundworks and destinies. Albeit more so for Twilight and Rainbow Dash then all the rest. But regardless very interesting as well.

Also Lauren had a heavy hand (As in more of a role in making) for Luna Eclipsed, Lesson Zero, and Hearth's Warming Eve from Season 2. That's also very interesting to note.

Villager said:
For anyone who is playing My Little Pony please please give me treasure chests I have to finish the quest
And yes, after the bug fixed I can play this again! :D

My name is Smg2daisy for GLive
I thought I had you on my friend list, but you won't show up in the game... Also, congrats on reaching level 17.

Villager said:
You are the one I should congrate. You got level 60 for a long time ago. Do you finished the Canterlot Wedding?
Actually, I'm on level 70 right now. And yeah, I finished Canterlot Wedding a while back, and finished all the new tasks as well, including the Sunset Shimmer ones.

San Diego Comic Con had a MLP panel, where they showed a 5-minute clip with stuff from season 4, check it!

Wow, so they're finally pulling the trigger on the whole "Scootaloo can't fly" issue. I wonder how that will end... Lauren Faust's original idea was to have Scootaloo be something of a cripple, and realize she can use her wings for scooter tricks and realize THAT is her special talent. Somehow, I doubt that'll happen in this episode.

Superheroes? So there are comic books in Equestria? This feels like something out of a sitcom, or your a-typical children's cartoon. In other words, business as usual, for Friendship is Magic (seriously, the amount of cliched stories in this series is kind of baffling when you look back at it all). Also, when I heard there was a new villain, I thought it meant for the main series, not just one that's clearly fictional and bound to be a one-off.

Aww, what a cute song... I'd say out of all the clips shown in that video, this one I'm the most excited to see. It seems as thought the Apple Family's moving, and Pinkie's going with them... did Pinkie just find out they're related? And the song's cute and catchy, too.

Okay, this is the one people seem to flip-out over the most, but to me, it doesn't scream "OMG OLD VILLAIN RETURNING THIS IS AWESOME!!!" as it does give me a really angry and confused "Huh? ...and what?" I mean, seriously, why bring back Nightmare Moon? It's not like she was all that interesting a villain to begin with, jealousy seems like a really petty reason to turn to villainy, and I personally found Luna more interesting as a princess who's good but has to deal with the baggage of, at one point, being the most terrifying villain Equestria's ever known. If there is one thing about this story that intrigues me, it's that we might get into exactly WHY Luna changed into Nightmare Moon... Aside from jealousy. I mean, if it really WAS just that, I'd be pretty damn upset, especially considering they dedicated an episode to having Luna be accepted, so turning evil JUST because there's a new princess in town seems really lame. Also, I know the comics went into why Luna became Nightmare Moon, but I honestly don't care if they follow it because a.) they were written by a completely different person unassociated with the show and b.) that storyline sucked, so I don't care if it's not consistent.

Also, here's a summary of what went down at the MLP panel, according to Equestria Daily:

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/07/comic-con-2013-my-little-pony-main-panel.html

Here's also a summary from "The Round Stable", which has a little more detail:

http://www.roundstable.com/2013/07/20/san-diego-comic-con-report-my-little-pony-feature-panel/

My thoughts:

Equestria Girls
You know, I wasn't going to give Hasbro my money for this, but I think I might actually buy the DVD. I mean, I'm so damn curious about what goes on it it. I'd watch it on YouTube, but it keeps getting taken down, and I don't really want to divulge into illegal territory.

Wizard of Oz feel? Yeah, I guess I kind of get that... I mean, Hasbro just said "human ponies, make it happen" and they were left to do whatever they wanted with that, so... Okay, whatever. For all my curiosity, I'm still not all that wild about Equestria Girls as a whole.

You know, it's amazing how often we take certain appendages for granted, like hands. It reminds me of how the animators of WALL-E begged and pleaded with Andrew Stanton to give the titular character elbows because it was too hard to animate otherwise. They still managed to pull it off, but still.

"school girl band pop"... Why am I reminded of "High School Musical"? Hell, Equestria Girls feels like something you'd get out of the Disney Channel.

Cathy Weseluck apparently liked voicing Spike as a dog as opposed to a dragon... Why? Just something different? Or did she genuinely prefer dog Spike to dragon Spike?

Season 4

I kind of assumed Twilight would remain who she is, regardless of her wings and new status as a princess. Actually, that's probably the one thing I was looking forward to... well, no look forward to, just generally curious about; the status quo has changed, and how is it going to be different? It'd be incredibly pissed if nothing changed and she just continued life in Ponyville.

Something that's never been done before... that's so vague, and yet I can't say I'm excited to see what that is.

15-20 songs, now THAT'S something I'm excited to see! Daniel Ingram seems really proud of this season's songs, though I'm sure he'll say that for every following season, like he just keeps topping himself.

Okay, here's something that's confusing me... People are shouting out names of ponies that have songs... Does that mean certain ponies are CONFIRMED to have songs, or is it just the creatures joking around that they have songs. Derpy's name kept getting shouted out, but it appears that she definitely doesn't have a song... Can someone clarify that for me?

"They think of episodes as movies as opposed to short half-hour episodes." ...Okay, I'm just going to go ahead and say this: that's INCREDIBLY pretentious to say. I don't care how awesome you think your show is, movies are different from TV shows. Movies invoke a different feel, and have a much grander scope, not to mention, eve movies still have a limited time slot. TV shows, by contrast, while they can be grand and intense, are still limited to that fact that you're watching them on a TV screen, if that, regardless of how impressive your "home theater" is, so it's always going to be a smaller scale. Not to mention, the stakes will always inherently be lower, unless you intend to turn every episode into a game-changer... which is kind of ridiculous and will get kind of crazy... Then again, didn't they say that was how season 4 was turning out? Either way, I have a hard time buying that these guys are anything other than above-average TV show writers, but when they go ahead and say "oh we're pretty much making movies", you've gone over the line. Someone needs to deflate their egos and give them a slice of humble pie, and remind these guys exactly what they're doing. Yeah, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is a good show... but it's not that good.

Spike has a lot of fun... but is also put in a lot of uncomfortable situations... I'm a little worried about this, since Spike episodes tend to be the weaker ones, not to mention, tend to show Spike in a pretty bad light. I am also NOT a fan of watching uncomfortable situations, ESPECIALLY ones involving characters I like.

Rarity gets an episode, good! Also, apparently they "broke Tabithat" with this season, lol! XD

Something that caught my interest... Meghan McCarthy doesn't like the "DON'T BELIEVE HER LIES!!" meme that's been going around. I didn't even realize it WAS a meme, then again, I pretty much said she outright lied to us at one point. I will admit, I STILL have a hard time trusting what she says. And I do kind of feel bad for her, since she's in an awkward situation of initially having tons of fan support and live to not STILL having that love, but now suffering the backlash of mixed season with a game-changer ending that NOT a whole lot of people liked and still don't like. It's like people find stuff to "call her out" and specifically make her look bad, which must be hard to go through. Not to mention, she'll no doubt have her hands tied with stuff she's not allowed to say and such. Even still, it's pretty easy to misinterpret what she says as outright lies. Even IF she's under contract and can only straight-up lie, it's going to burn a few bridges. ...Actually, for people who DO think she straight-up lied, can you cite some examples for me? Just curious to see what else she was wrong about.

I really don't find Pinkie Pie that funny. I find her more obnoxious then anything most of the time, and incredibly adorable the rest of the time. I think I said this somewhere else before, but I always felt that Mabel from Gravity Falls is pretty much what Pinkie Pie should be: a crazy, kooky character that DOESN'T cross the line into being innocently insensitive or obnoxiously intolerable. She's also cute and and generally friendly, just like Pinkie Pie, so yeah, why isn't the actual Pinkie Pie like that? Also, Fluttershy gets into crazy situations? ...I don't know if I should be happy or afraid about that.

A musical episode that centers around Pinkie Pie, I think that's been long-waiting! And she "meets her match" in this episode... Will it be a rivalry or something? How's THAT going to go down?

Q&A Section

So Depry will be around as much as she was in Equestria Girls... Wait, Derpy's in Equestria Girls? *checks to find pictures of Derpy in EqG* ...Huh, so she is... Doesn't seem to be that many... Oh well, at least she won't be COMPLETELY ignored this time around.

So no Derpy episode... Probably for the best, like they said, nothing they write will ever live up to fan interpretation. Though speaking only for myself, I LOVE it when something in the fandom is acknowledged through the show like that. Adventure Time does it all the time... Not to mention, Capcom keeps close tabs on what fans think of Street Fighter, both in terms of characters and in gameplay. I find that a bit more welcoming and appealing then a company or show crew is almost closed-off from their fanbase and doesn't interact much... Unless they DO keep in touch, but have their own plans for the show, like Gravity Falls. In the case of that show, I think fandom involvement would take away from the greater story and mystery that show has set up.

God dammit, they asked this last year, and the year before that! WHEN IS THAT SOUNDTRACK GOING TO GET HERE?!?!?!

So again, a lot of ambiguity here. Yeah, just because we haven't seen Scootaloo's parents on the show yet doesn't mean she doesn't have any... Though it would certainly shut fans up if they finally showed them.

HELL YEAH, Pinkie Pie's sisters! They didn't say we'd see her parents, though, and that's a shame... Still, can't wait for THAT episode!

Aww, poor little girl cares about Derpy! :(

"Rarity's already famous"... apparently not famous enough to be with the high society ponies of Canterlot... Unless she got famous AFTER that episode. Oy... :/

Chimmy-changa!

Alicorns for everyone!

I like Pinkamena... Not so much in terms of personality, just in terms of I love her straight hair.

It's so weird... Vinyl's an even more impressive case than Derpy in my book. She was onscreen for literally 4 seconds and had NO OTHER APPEARANCES before the season 2 finale. Yet now she's become one of the most popular ponies from the series, and unlike Derpy, there's no risk of offending any soccer moms with her, so she could TOTALLY have a bigger role! Hell, I think one of the writers pretty much said, after Equestria Girls, she's officially become her own character and is no longer a mere background character. So yeah, totally looking forward to more appearances from her!

The Cake Twins are cute. :3

I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for that "Derpy reading something" scene in Equestria Girls.

I have to admit, there are times where Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie's voices bleed together, they DO sound pretty similar, though that might just be because I've heard them so much... then again, Tabitha St. Germain voices a lot of characters, and they all sound very distinct.

So they dropped Babs Seed like a hot rock, huh? That's kind of lame. I mean, even IF she lives in Manehatten, it feels weird to introduce a character like that, make her an honorary CMC, and aside from one other appearance that same season, never see her again. Maybe she'll get a passing mention.

Brony Questions

I HOPE the movie will be acknowledged in season 4. Otherwise, why bother tying the two universes together? They mention background characters... So there will be pony versions of the background characters in Equestria Girls? That'll be fun!

Well, I certainly hope things that were set up in season 3 will be explored in season 4... ESPECIALLY Discord. That episode was WAY too clunky and execution and WAY to big and important to just be a one-off!

More Zecora, yay!

Everybody is a Changeling, lol. Though seriously, I wouldn't mind seeing them again.

Well, those are all my thoughts... If anyone bothered reading all of them, thanks for that.

Smashgoom202 said:
Okay, this is the one people seem to flip-out over the most, but to me, it doesn't scream "OMG OLD VILLAIN RETURNING THIS IS AWESOME!!!" as it does give me a really angry and confused "Huh? ...and what?" I mean, seriously, why bring back Nightmare Moon? It's not like she was all that interesting a villain to begin with, jealousy seems like a really petty reason to turn to villainy, and I personally found Luna more interesting as a princess who's good but has to deal with the baggage of, at one point, being the most terrifying villain Equestria's ever known. If there is one thing about this story that intrigues me, it's that we might get into exactly WHY Luna changed into Nightmare Moon... Aside from jealousy. I mean, if it really WAS just that, I'd be pretty damn upset, especially considering they dedicated an episode to having Luna be accepted, so turning evil JUST because there's a new princess in town seems really lame. Also, I know the comics went into why Luna became Nightmare Moon, but I honestly don't care if they follow it because a.) they were written by a completely different person unassociated with the show and b.) that storyline sucked, so I don't care if it's not consistent.

So, they're just suddenly going to make Luna a villain again because..................?

Seriously, if they want an old villain to return, why not do it with Sombra aka the shittiest villain in the entire show. Seriously, this guy was pathetic and the whole Season 3 opener about it was just bad.

Also:

15-20 songs[...]

welp

Smashgoom202 said:
Something that caught my interest... Meghan McCarthy doesn't like the "DON'T BELIEVE HER LIES!!" meme that's been going around. I didn't even realize it WAS a meme, then again, I pretty much said she outright lied to us at one point. I will admit, I STILL have a hard time trusting what she says. And I do kind of feel bad for her, since she's in an awkward situation of initially having tons of fan support and live to not STILL having that love, but now suffering the backlash of mixed season with a game-changer ending that NOT a whole lot of people liked and still don't like. It's like people find stuff to "call her out" and specifically make her look bad, which must be hard to go through. Not to mention, she'll no doubt have her hands tied with stuff she's not allowed to say and such. Even still, it's pretty easy to misinterpret what she says as outright lies. Even IF she's under contract and can only straight-up lie, it's going to burn a few bridges. ...Actually, for people who DO think she straight-up lied, can you cite some examples for me? Just curious to see what else she was wrong about.

People are actually doing that? God, and I thought bronies couldn't get any worse or more disgusting. That's a really nice image they're putting for themselves and others and they deserve all the negative backlash they get/are going to get from this as a result and I will savor every moment of it.

I really don't find Pinkie Pie that funny. I find her more obnoxious then anything most of the time
Make that all the time for me, although I think everyone gets that I don't like her.

A musical episode that centers around Pinkie Pie, I think that's been long-waiting! And she "meets her match" in this episode... Will it be a rivalry or something? How's THAT going to go down?

Wow, they picked the two worst things about the show and made them into one episode. Guess I know which episode I'll be skipping when the time comes.

Kellam said:

Wow, they picked the two worst things about the show and made them into one episode. Guess I know which episode I'll be skipping when the time comes.
I love the songs. And Pinkie Pie is the most sing-alongiest pony out of the main cast. It makes sense, and I'll totally be looking forward to it.

It seriously blows my mind that people can outright call the music in the series "one of the worst things about it", because it's honestly one of the better parts of the show and it CERTAINLY better then other shows attempts at songs.

Smashgoom202 said:
It seriously blows my mind that people can outright call the music in the series "one of the worst things about it", because it's honestly one of the better parts of the show and it CERTAINLY better then other shows attempts at songs.
some people don't like music that's just shoehorned into a perfectly good story.

i mean, it fits great sometimes. I would say that the way they're used in the Lord of the Rings films is the way to do it - a brief song that helps convey emotion, helps to establish mood, character traits, etc. is okay.

But what's the point of a random musical number? If it's not helping the story at all, I'd like to get back to what's actually happening.

I realize this is just my opinion, and there are plenty of people who enjoy music numbers, but I think what I'm saying speaks for all of us who don't enjoy them.

As a general rule of musicals, which by nature have songs pointlessly shoved into them, I feel they either need to have one of two things:

1.) The song should help convey a mood, reveal insight about a character, or move the story along.

2.) The song has to be good/fun to listen to.

If a song is one of these two things then I feel no right to complain about them. Some rare instances even have a song meeting both these criteria!

i don't agree with number 2

because randomness is still randomness

But if you're okay with that, then that's cool. I'm just trying to help you understand why those of us who don't usually enjoy musical numbers don't.

Viridi said:
i don't agree with number 2

because randomness is still randomness

But if you're okay with that, then that's cool. I'm just trying to help you understand why those of us who don't usually enjoy musical numbers don't.
I've seen my fair share of musicals, and spontaneous songs are pretty much expected no matter what. So if you're going to get songs no matter what, the least you can to is hope they're good, if they don't do anything else to add to the story.

Also, speaking for myself, I love a bit of randomness... though only a certain kind of randomness.

I'm pretty sure it was Toad56 or someone who said this, but someone said all the songs in this show sound like chickenscratch, and I literally can no comprehend that, because clearly we're not hearing the same thing

Smashgoom202 said:
Pinkie is related to the Apples? o_O

also yay my favorite villain is coming back (hopefilly this season does get a new villain though)

Smashgoom202 said:
I'm pretty sure it was Toad56 or someone who said this, but someone said all the songs in this show sound like chickenscratch, and I literally can no comprehend that, because clearly we're not hearing the same thing
Toad Eightyfive said:
I think I said this before on another forum, but most of the songs written by Ingram sound like chicken scratch vocalized to me.
Not exactly right, but you're close.

Nightmare Moon "coming back" is most likely Twilight seeing the events of the past herself. Nightmare Moon talks to Twilight as if she's Celestia during that time. Meaning it's more likely a sort of test/magic simulation. Twilight is literally placed in Celestia's position at the time Luna turned to the Dark Side.

Not only will this reveal more information on what we've only seen in a storybook format in the very first episode. But it will make a nice challenge for recently crowned Princess Twilight.

Back