Mario Q&A

Gumball Machine

Celestial Guide
Not a very creative name I know. Anyway, I got this idea from the "Developing Back Story" thread. A lot of users have been pondering about the characters and their origins asking various questions about them. Scrub Jay/Lefty Green Mario (currently known as Ornithologist Mario) suggested we use our imagination for these unanswered questions.

And that's when I got the idea for this thread. A thread where we could ask questions about the Marioverse and maybe provide answers as well, not sure if this topic already exists as I tried searching for it and nothing really came up. Not sure if this thread is truly a good idea or not, but I figured it was worth a try. Anybody can ask or answer questions. Although I would like a few rules to be followed.

1. Please make sure your questions have something to do with the Mario Franchise.

2. One question and/or answer per post.

3. Don't ask stupid questions (ones that are biased, already answered, etc.) and don't give stupid answers (answers that are biased, clearly false, etc.)

Don't take this topic too seriously, this is just for funn. But try not to make it a joke.

Why do stars make Mario invincible for a short time?

Why do blocks float?

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
Why do blocks float?

The gravity in the Mario universe is for the most part similar to our world's, but it does have a few differences. The part where the the blocks float happen to be areas where the gravity is lighter.

Why do Bowser and Jr. have horns, but not the koopalings?

Nightwatcher said:
Why do Bowser and Jr. have horns, but not the koopalings?

The horns are a recessive trait while no horns are a dominant trait. Bowser's gene is hh, so he must mates with a homozygous trait (Hh) to get that result.

Master Koopakid said:
How did Yoshi's come to be? I am not trying to be a Yoshi hater,I just wanna know.

Yoshis are desendants from Koopas. Note the similar head shape, shoes, and posture. The saddles that Yoshis sport can be attributed to the Koopas shells.

How come almost everything has eyes?

Perhaps a way to make the background and items appear more vibrant? Either that, or Bowser has the hills and other obstacles act as spies for him (there must be a reason as to why he's always ready to fight Mario).

Question: Why is it that Mario and friends have no problem breathing in space in the Super Mario Galaxy games?

Why Mario can fly with a Wing cap when the wings on the cap aren't very big?

ectoBiologist said:
Why Mario can fly with a Wing cap when the wings on the cap aren't very big?

Not trying to Wario-hate here, but you should really ask why Wario can fly in Super Mario 64 DS.

Anyway, the Wing-cap has an added effect that makes Mario very light, and the wings are small, but powerful.

Propeller Toad said:
Question: Why is it that Mario and friends have no problem breathing in space in the Super Mario Galaxy games?
there's air in space on the marioverse. That's the only possible reason.

How come in the first games, Mario couldn't drown... but in the current games he can drown?

ectoBiologist said:
How come in the first games, Mario couldn't drown... but in the current games he can drown?
ectoBiologist said:
when he had a time's up, that was him running out of air...

Why do Mario's powerups in Super Mario Galaxy wear off if he touches water?

Back