Mario Funny Deaths

ToxBox

Power Star
Pronouns
He/him
In SMB1 for NES world 2-1 I was about to jump on koopa as small mario but I hit invisible block and died

In SMG2 in Sweet Galaxy with candy and Yoshi got hit and Luigi fell then Yoshi push Luigi to bottomless pit and died
 

Dark Light

Commander of the Protectors, LEO, generally grumpy
Wiki Patroller
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Ray Trace
ToD the ToaD said:

art by: Bourgyman
The entire picture made my chortle
 

ShyGuy27

The Cardinal is dead -- long live The Cardinal!
Pronouns
He/him
Come one man, it's one post above you, you don't need to quote that massive picture.
 

Dark Light

Commander of the Protectors, LEO, generally grumpy
Wiki Patroller
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Ray Trace
Oh well :P

I still like that picture
 

Leonyx

Glory to the Shroob Empire! Long live the Shroobs!
SlimKirby said:
The fact that Mario can die in the credits of Super Mario Galaxy 2 is hilarious on its own. :P
Ah, that was a good one.

Maybe not a very funny one, but didn't you hate it when in Super Mario 64 you would get knocked down right next to an edge, then when you get up you'd end up falling to your doom.
 

Gumball Machine

Celestial Guide
SlimKirby said:
The fact that Mario can die in the credits of Super Mario Galaxy 2 is hilarious on its own. :P
??? How does that happen?

In TTYD, after defeating Doopliss, I met some Crazee Dayzees and their attacks kept putting me to sleep, preventing me from doing anything. Eventually, I got a Game Over, Mario died from listening to music. O_O
 

Yoshiwaker

Star Spirit
Pronouns
He/him
Nightwatcher said:
SlimKirby said:
The fact that Mario can die in the credits of Super Mario Galaxy 2 is hilarious on its own. :P
??? How does that happen?

In TTYD, after defeating Doopliss, I met some Crazee Dayzees and their attacks kept putting me to sleep, preventing me from doing anything. Eventually, I got a Game Over, Mario died from listening to music. O_O
That's kinda like what happens when you let an X-Yux survive for a turn, except it's not funny.
 

MnSG

Cosmic Beauty
Pronouns
He/him
Nightwatcher said:
SlimKirby said:
The fact that Mario can die in the credits of Super Mario Galaxy 2 is hilarious on its own. :P
??? How does that happen?

In TTYD, after defeating Doopliss, I met some Crazee Dayzees and their attacks kept putting me to sleep, preventing me from doing anything. Eventually, I got a Game Over, Mario died from listening to music. O_O
That's pretty much why you need something that protects you from sleeping attacks.
 

yoshidude99

Yoshidude is here
Pronouns
He/him
In Super Mario All Stars Super Mario Bros I jumped, hit a block and was killed by a Goomba.
 

PokemonMaster

LETS START A NO AVATAR/SIG FAD.
Pronouns
She/her
Shouldn't this in the "funny video game moments" thread? I mean seriously a thread for poor Mario deaths?
 

Dark Light

Commander of the Protectors, LEO, generally grumpy
Wiki Patroller
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Ray Trace
No, this is specifically Mario-related, rather than the other topic
 

Gumball Machine

Celestial Guide
gallowsCalibrator said:
Nightwatcher said:
In TTYD, after defeating Doopliss, I met some Crazee Dayzees and their attacks kept putting me to sleep, preventing me from doing anything. Eventually, I got a Game Over, Mario died from listening to music. O_O
That's kinda like what happens when you let an X-Yux survive for a turn, except it's not funny.
That also happened to me when I failed the Thwomp's quiz on purpose in the X-Naut Fortress since I was curious about what would happen if I failed and I got myself another game over X_X

MnSG said:
That's pretty much why you need something that protects you from sleeping attacks.
Is it even possible?
 

Leonyx

Glory to the Shroob Empire! Long live the Shroobs!
Nightwatcher said:
That also happened to me when I failed the Thwomp's quiz on purpose in the X-Naut Fortress since I was curious about what would happen if I failed and I got myself another game over X_X
I really hate it when not following the path correctly or failing some mission gets you killed. It doesn't make any sense. For example, in Super Mario Sunshine, there's that one Shine Sprite you get after cleaning Hotel Delfino in an amount of time. It took me a long time to beat it (I don't know why), but every time I didn't make the time limit I would lose a life. I'm normally one to make wild excuses to suspend my disbelief about things, but it just makes no logical sense.
 

Dark Light

Commander of the Protectors, LEO, generally grumpy
Wiki Patroller
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Ray Trace
The lives system sucks and is a waste of time. I didn't like how if you failed mission in Super Mario Galaxy, you would lose a life. It's just plain dumb.
 

Yoshiwaker

Star Spirit
Pronouns
He/him
Nightwatcher said:
gallowsCalibrator said:
Nightwatcher said:
In TTYD, after defeating Doopliss, I met some Crazee Dayzees and their attacks kept putting me to sleep, preventing me from doing anything. Eventually, I got a Game Over, Mario died from listening to music. O_O
That's kinda like what happens when you let an X-Yux survive for a turn, except it's not funny.
That also happened to me when I failed the Thwomp's quiz on purpose in the X-Naut Fortress since I was curious about what would happen if I failed and I got myself another game over X_X
When I did that I pwned those dumb little X-Yuxes.
 

yoshidude99

Yoshidude is here
Pronouns
He/him
Baby Luigi Lacertae said:
The lives system sucks and is a waste of time. I didn't like how if you failed mission in Super Mario Galaxy, you would lose a life. It's just plain dumb.
Yeah. I remember playing SMG2 and I failed one of the Chimp's challenges and I was thinking The Monkey killed me!
 

Gumball Machine

Celestial Guide
I freaking hate that monkey. Although his skating challenges were fairly easy.

To quote chuggaaconroy; "Only on Isle Delfino, its a martial law, if you lose a race, you deserve to be killed."

That pretty much explains any illogical deaths in Mario games.
 

Lario

Seems so long ago.
Pronouns
He/him
I think Mario sounds funny every time he falls down for an amount of time in SM64...
 

PokemonMaster

LETS START A NO AVATAR/SIG FAD.
Pronouns
She/her
Baby Luigi Lacertae said:
The lives system sucks and is a waste of time. I didn't like how if you failed mission in Super Mario Galaxy, you would lose a life. It's just plain dumb.
 

PokemonMaster

LETS START A NO AVATAR/SIG FAD.
Pronouns
She/her
Nightwatcher said:
I freaking hate that monkey. Although his skating challenges were fairly easy.

To quote chuggaaconroy; "Only on Isle Delfino, its a martial law, if you lose a race, you deserve to be killed."

That pretty much explains any illogical deaths in Mario games.
You're lucky you don't run into those spiked enemies all the time.
 

Dark Light

Commander of the Protectors, LEO, generally grumpy
Wiki Patroller
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Ray Trace
It's easier on multiplayer, the skating thing
 
Top