Biggest threat?

Who do you think is Mario's biggest threat?

• Bowser

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Smithy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cackletta

• Grodus

• The Shadow Queen

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • The Shroobs

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Count Bleck

• Dimentio

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Fawful

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

Gumball Machine

Celestial Guide
We all know about the many villains in the Marioverse. Some villains are more threatning than others, some of them are so powerful that they force Mario and Bowser to work together. My question is, who do you think is Mario's biggest threat, (someone so powerful that Mario can't win on his own)?

Personally, I thought Dimentio was the biggest threat because the other villains only wanted to conquer/destroy the Mushroom Kingdom or the world, whereas he was trying to erase every universe in existence and he's able to travel to different dimensions and even managed to technically kill Mario, Peach, Bowser, and Luigi.

So who do you think is the biggest threat?

Call me old fashioned but I remember a day when Bowser would make himself invincible and legit kill Mario because he was bored.

Good question! *ponders a way to steal question as his own and take all the credit*

If you couldn't tell from my avatar, I am a huge fan of the Shroobs, so I voted for them.

The Shroobs to me are the most evil and even the most powerful of all the villains in all of the games, even more so than Dimentio (though he was pretty bad too), because of the sheer amount of effort and force the Shroobs expended during their attempted takeover. They were so powerful they needed twice the amount of Mario Bros. power that any other villain has ever needed. They literally extracted the lifeforce of Toads and mutated many creatures for their evil purposes. The Mario Bros. had to go into the 4th dimention (time, I think) to beat them. They put up that much of a fight, all while their own resources were dwindling. In fact, had the Shroobs tried to do this with a decent amount of resources, the Shroobs probably would have won.

Sure, in order to beat Dimentio, the Bros. had to go through several different dimentions. But he was still working under Count Bleck for part of that time. For him to be more of a threat than the Shroobs in my opinion, he'd have had to of done all of the destruction himself.

Admittedly, it's been a bit of time since I've beaten that game, so I'm a little rusty on the canon. I'm very confident in their abilities though.

Princess Peach.

I remember when i was little and played the old mario games.. . Bowser seemed so cool and threatening... Now he is just lame...

Leonyx said:
Good question! *ponders a way to steal question as his own and take all the credit*
If you couldn't tell from my avatar, I am a huge fan of the Shroobs, so I voted for them.

Good job explaining your reason in detail. I can see why you chose the Shroobs. They're not to be taken lightly, although about their low resources, that's why the Shroobs attacked the Mushroom Kingdom, they wouldn't have attacked if their resources were at an ample supply.

Herr Shyguy said:
Call me old fashioned but I remember a day when Bowser would make himself invincible and legit kill Mario because he was bored.

But Bowser only became invincible BECAUSE he stole the Star Rod. And even then Mario didn't actually die, though he was close. Good choice nonetheless.

ToD the ToaD said:
I remember when i was little and played the old mario games.. . Bowser seemed so cool and threatening... Now he is just lame...
Galaxy and Galaxy 2 would like to have a word with you.

Fawfulfury65 said:
I chose Wario.
PokemonMaster said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
I chose Wario.
Gigaremo said:
PokemonMaster said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
I chose Wario.
Baby Luigi Lacertae said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
I chose Wario.

Because he is a creep.
Smasher the Necromancer said:
PokemonMaster said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
I chose Wario.
Wow, thanks a lot for turning my potentially awesome thread into a joke guys. -.-

I choose Dimentio since he was at a 6:5 ratio of destroying every dimension and enslaving everybody for the eternity.

I chose Shadow Queen. Why? Because I admire intelligent schemes more than fiery power, expensive technologies, explosive farts and whatever Dimentio has going for him.

EDIT: Plus she has three dragons, two embodiments of evil and one Doopliss working for her; how can you not love that.

Nightwatcher said:
Good job explaining your reason in detail. I can see why you chose the Shroobs. They're not to be taken lightly, although about their low resources, that's why the Shroobs attacked the Mushroom Kingdom, they wouldn't have attacked if their resources were at an ample supply.

I don't know, I feel like eventually they would have went searching of new planets to take over. They seem like the type to go for colonization. Their urgency was definitely because of their lack of resources though.

Nightwatcher said:
Yoshida said:
I choose Dimentio since he was at a 6:5 ratio of destroying every dimension and enslaving everybody for the eternity.
What do you mean by 6:5 Ratio?
The highest is only 5:5, but he was really that close that resistance was futile, but Mario proved that wrong.

Bowser. Everybody else are more dangerous, sure but Bowser is a persistent bloke.

Wario comes close for being... a stupid obese blob. But I say Mario is a threat to Wario rather than Wario is a threat to Mario.

Back