Biggest threat?

Who do you think is Mario's biggest threat?

• Bowser

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Smithy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cackletta

• Grodus

• The Shadow Queen

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • The Shroobs

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Count Bleck

• Dimentio

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Fawful

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
All right, just to make this topic more interesting, I'll also be listing reasons why I chose the villains for this poll, and why I chose Dimentio over them.

Bowser
Bowser's the main villain in the Mario series. He's known to cause massive destruction wherever he goes and no matter how many times he loses, he's always ready to try again and finally succeeded in Paper Mario and aside from Wario and DK, he's the only one who's currently still alive. I didn't choose Bowser mainly because well, he's lost more times than everyone else put together, and Bowser actually does have a limit as to how far he's willing to go to rule the world (in Super Paper Mario, if you return to Sammer's Kingdom as Bowser, he says he's all for being evil, but what happend to Sammer's Kingdom is overkill).

Smithy
Smithy's the first villain to be so powerful that Mario and Bowser had to put their diffrences aside to stop him, and even needed help from Peach, Mallow, and Geno. He even managed to cause Bowser to be abandoned by all of his minions. However, had he confronted Mario and Bowser earlier especially during seperate times, and fought them there and then, they may not have been able to defeat him. And he didn't actively search for the stars himself. Talk about lazy.

Cackletta
Cackletta has all sorts of magic powers at her disposal and when she possessed Bowser, became an even bigger thereat. Taking control of Bowser's physical ablities, castle, minions and even the koopalings and destroyed the BeanBean Kingdom twice. However, she seems weak, as she practically died after just one fight with the Mario Bros. and needed Fawful's help afterwards, and she may not have been such as huge threat if Bowser hadn't been lying around Star Fields, or whatever the place was called.

Grodus
Like Cackletta, Grodus has all sorts of magic at his disposal. He can summon fire, strike with lightning, shoot ice, and even manipulate time. In addition, he also has advanced technology as the Grodus X's surrodning him produce an impentrable shield. He also could've potentially killed Mario if Bowser hadn't fallen on him. However, like Smithy, Grodus was lazy as he had Crump and Beldam search for the Crystal Stars instead of going himself. Had he confronted Mario earlier, He may have had better success.

The Shadow Queen
Okay, for starters, the Shadow Queen is a freaking demon! Just being relased from her coffin covered the whole world in darkness, (even Glitzville who's above the clouds, was covered in darkness) and when she possessed Peach, it caused an earthquake felt by the entire world. She even has some scary powers in battle, she can drain your health while replenishing her own and can attack you multiple times per turn and further increase her own power going so far as to drain the entire audience to completly heal off any damage you've caused and rendering all of Mario's attacks useless. But she lost eventually. In fact, as soon as she was revived, she almost immediatley defeated.

The Shroobs
Eh, Leonyx and I already discussed their strengths and weaknesses and I don't really want to type them again.

Count Bleck
Right off the bat, Bleck wasn't trying to conquer the world or anything, he was trying to destroy everything in existence, and once a world was wiped out, there would literally be nothing left. He also managed to take control of most of Bowser's minions as well as Luigi for a short time. Although, once defeated and learning that Tippi was still alive, he redeemed himself by helping Mario, Peach, Bowser, and Luigi stop the void. That pretty much disqualifies him from being a villain.

Fawful
Fawful managed to brainwash most of Bowser's minions and turned many landmarks into his robot minions. Two of them being Peach and Bowser's Castles no less and even managed to infect the Toads of the Mushroom Kingdom with a new disease. But his plan only worked because he got lucky (Bowser being gullible enough to eat his Mushroom). He also lacks some phycial strength (he had difficulty lifting Peach, one of the lightest characters in the Mario franchise).

Since some villains are defeated, shouldn't that eliminate them as a threat?

Probably. Most of them aren't a threat anymore, but they used to be a threat at some point.

Maybe I should've used past tense for the poll question (Who do you think was Mario's biggest threat?)

:-\

Threat:a person or thing that is regarded as dangerous or likely to inflict pain or misery

If a villain is defeated, he or she is not a threat anymore. Maybe you should word it.

I'm not too big on grammar or definitions, though. I still think Bowser is Mario's biggest threat since he is so persistent.

My definition of threat; the potential to end someone's life or being able to either destroy or conquer the world. Every villain int he poll is capable of doing one or both of those things. That's how I came up with the thread.

I took that from the dictionary. Your definition of threat fits in the "regarded as dangerous" category, but since some villains are defeated, they can't do anything, so they are not regarded as dangerous or a threat. It's not likely some of these villains will reappear too.

Well for one thing, Wario and Donkey Kong aren't exactly big threats.

Wario is all about greed, so it's not like he wants to conquer the world; he only does things when money and treasure is involved.

Donkey Kong basically takes what he wants (such as the Mario dolls), but he doesn't do anything that would harm the world.

MnSG said:
Well for one thing, Wario and Donkey Kong aren't exactly big threats.

Well, I know Wario and DK aren't really big threats compared to the other villains. To be honest, I don't even know why I added Wario.

As for DK, I put him on the list because even though he's not really evil like the other villains in the poll, he was able to kill Mario in just one hit in the original Donkey Kong Arcade game. So I thought that was good enough to earn him a spot in the poll.

Still, Donkey Kong is more of an ally rather than a threat these days, sans Mario vs. Donkey Kong series

Even then, Donkey Kong is not a big threat. He stole Pauline for stupid reasons simultaneously annoying Mario, but that is about it.

Back