Sonic Generations

Sega always made Sonic look bad on Nintendo devices.
Look at Sonic Unleashed, for example.
The XBOX 360 and PS3 versions had a lot more levels, and a lot more variety than the Wii version.
I know, the Wii is a very weak console, rating on hardware specifications, but that way, every Nintendo gamer thinks 3rd Party developers are crappy, while they actually can make quality games.

Yeah, but I think they did surprisingly well with the DS version of Sonic Colors.

I've only played a Demo, ripped by someone over at our Forums, since there's no way of getting the Demo in Europe.
But I was amazed by Sonic Rush (the final version, and the E3 Prototype, of which I don't own).

YamiHoshi.nl said:
The XBOX 360 and PS3 versions had a lot more levels, and a lot more variety than the Wii version.
I know, the Wii is a very weak console, rating on hardware specifications, but that way, every Nintendo gamer thinks 3rd Party developers are crappy, while they actually can make quality games.
Sometimes they are good, most of the time they are not

YamiHoshi.nl said:

The Wii version was still awesome though. Dark Gaia is appearently harder in 360 version too.

>>Koopa Kid
That's something that discourages me.
I want to start developing video games in a few years for handhelds (Nintendo 3DS, PSVita, iOS, and Android), but if gamers keep thinking that 3rd Party developers are crappy, then I'm sure nobody would buy any games from new developers in the future.

I just saw a gameplay video of the game and the Truck part of City Escape is awesome! The truck now has saw blades in the modern version and in the classic version you can choose your path through the level so if the Truck destroys one path Sonic can go onto another.

Sonic_Generations_Metal.png

...Is it just me, or is Metal Sonic pretty short here? Then again, he IS the boss of a Classic Sonic stage, and Sonic was pretty short back then.

Smashgoom202 said:
Sonic_Generations_Metal.png

...Is it just me, or is Metal Sonic pretty short here? Then again, he IS the boss of a Classic Sonic stage, and Sonic was pretty short back then.

Yeah. Really short. Where did you get the artwork from?

It's supposedly official artwork from Sega... I got this particular image from here:

http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Sonic_Generations

YamiHoshi.nl said:
>>Koopa Kid
That's something that discourages me.
I want to start developing video games in a few years for handhelds (Nintendo 3DS, PSVita, iOS, and Android), but if gamers keep thinking that 3rd Party developers are crappy, then I'm sure nobody would buy any games from new developers in the future.
Cool I'll buy your games

Smashgoom202 said:
It's supposedly official artwork from Sega... I got this particular image from here:

http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Sonic_Generations

Well Metal Sonic is one of my favourite Sonic characters so it is cool that he is in the game.

Chemical Plant screens from Famitsu.

In this game, the stage seems to be a blend of Chemical Plant, Stardust Speedway Bad Future, Crisis City/Genocide City, and the Robotnikland stage from Sonic Unleashed. Also, this is where the Metal Sonic race will be taking place.

yoshidude99 said:
Classic Sonic said:

In this game, the stage seems to be a blend of Chemical Plant, Stardust Speedway Bad Future, Crisis City/Genocide City, and the Robotnikland stage from Sonic Unleashed. Also, this is where the Metal Sonic race will be taking place.
Rooftop Run from Sonic Unleashed also reappears as a stage.
How are they going to make the moden stage diffrent.

King Bill said:
yoshidude99 said:
Classic Sonic said:

Rooftop Run from Sonic Unleashed also reappears as a stage.
How are they going to make the moden stage diffrent.
There is some new camera angles and new buildings from what I have seen in screenshots. The Egg Dragoon is going to be the boss.

New Artwork!
6081CMetalSonic01%20copy.jpg

Looks a little retro, then yet again, Metal Sonic never looked that cool except his Sonic Hero appearance

That Metal Sonic render was already posted on the last page.

Strange that Sega now just released that picture then, unless he/she got it from another Sega region?

Meh, I'll bet this "Time Eater" has nothing on Iblis/Mephiles/Solaris.

Back