Mario Comic Books

Lindsay151

Cheep Cheep
Wiki Administrator
Do you own or ever read one of Mario's comic books. If so, what did you like about it? The one i really like was Super Mario Adventures.

Don't own them. But I've researched them on the wiki. Don't like how the artists gave Bowser his cartoon look or the writers turning Peach into a dictator. But I'm glad they got the koopalings appearances correct (unlike those awful cartoons) and fixing their personalities (Ludwig composing music instead of being an inventor).

I found one online once, I forget what it was called. It was the one where Peach and Luigi end up switching clothes. But I can't remember where I found it! D:

I have a hardback anthology of the Valiant comics. I have no idea where it is though.

I have a copy of Super Mario Adventures and another Mario comic made by Valiant called "Love Flounders."

I researched the Super Mario Kun and that's the only comic where they had Baby Luigi in it (even though he looks like a freak).

I saw the Mario vs Wario comics and I like them because Wario gets pwned.

I have most of them, and I enjoyed them a lot when I was younger. But, much like the Super Mario Bros. Super Show, they didn't age well. It's too bad they didn't make these things more comedic like SpongeBob and Shrek. If they had, they might still be going today.

I wonder how the comics/manga would go if they were in the same style as the pokemon ones? (Not the anime. The ones where stuff like Arbok's head gets...yeah.)

There should be a continuing series on Mario Comics, much like how Sonic has his continually running comic series

There should be a continuing series on Mario Comics, much like how Sonic has his continually running comic series

I agree. Mario should have some more media related ideas as opposed to just having games (perhaps like newer comic series to develop the characters or even a new Mario TV show?)

I'd pay my $500 to watch a good show that has Baby Luigi and Wario as major characters 8) Exaggeration I know, but they haven't appeared in full shows as of yet.

I own a Mario comic, but I don't remember which one and I'm too lazy to check.

I don't think Mario's adventures would make a good show or comic, at least if they stuck to the canon of the series. There's not much to the games in terms of story.

A Paper Mario show would be awesome though! Or maybe even a Mario and Luigi one (they practically have a title made for that already).

Baby Luigi Lacertae said:
I'd pay my $500 to watch a good show that has Baby Luigi and Wario as major characters 8) Exaggeration I know, but they haven't appeared in full shows as of yet.
I would too.

Leonyx said:
I don't think Mario's adventures would make a good show or comic, at least if they stuck to the canon of the series. There's not much to the games in terms of story.

Actually, I think a lot of great ideas they can make for a show. Just look at the opening for Mario Power Tennis or heck, even Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour. Add dialogue and that will be a wrap

Actually, I think a lot of great ideas they can make for a show. Just look at the opening for Mario Power Tennis or heck, even Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour. Add dialogue and that will be a wrap

I can't help but feel the show would end up being cheesy and almost cliche, which is the last thing Mario needs more of. I'm all for show, but it needs some good writers who can do justice to the material and make it engaging.

Leonyx said:

I can't help but feel the show would end up being cheesy and almost cliche, which is the last thing Mario needs more of. I'm all for show, but it needs some good writers who can do justice to the material and make it engaging.

I agree. Nintendo should also heavily sponsor that show and help the writers if they are being bad.

Leonyx said:

I agree. Nintendo should also heavily sponsor that show and help the writers if they are being bad.

Or Camelot. They made the game, so I guess they made the opening too.

If Nintendo can make good video games, they can make good stories. Really, they know Mario the best. They won't go around and make up characters and non-game stuff as they go. However, Nintendo does not want Mario or others to speak (which I think is pretty stupid, and it makes the characters sound strangely quiet and personality-less; how can you make a movie exciting with only grunts? At least Waluigi and Wario talked a bit in the opening; that didn't sound stupid and cheesy) or have personality.

Nintendo can do the voice acting pretty well. Just look at Star Fox

I'd like to get my hands on the "Club Nintendo" German comics. (I don't think they were ever in English...)
I'm taking German next year so I could probably translate at least a bit of it. I also have a German to English dictionary so that could help for whatever I don't know. I could even put them up online.

...of course instead of taking several years of German, I could just type it all into a translator but where is the fun in that? D:

Besides, I don't trust automatic translators at all

Translators most of the time take the tone away from the writing.

If only I could understand Japanese, I would read the Super Mario Kun series.

Back