Which racing game was better?

Which racing game was better?

• Diddy Kong Racing

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Mario Kart 64

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters
Was better Mario Kart 64!

MK64, because at least the controls don't suck.
Although I also like DKR because of the inclusion of a story line.

Mario Kart 64 is my favorite Mario Kart game anyway. I do like driving around the island in Diddy Kong racing but the NONONO WRONG WAY thing during races is more annoying than Lakitu.

Diddy Kong Racing is much better than MK64 imo. More tracks, better music, more characters, ect., and it's very fun and challenging.

Fawfulfury65 said:
Diddy Kong Racing is much better than MK64 imo. More tracks, better music, more characters, ect., and it's very fun and challenging.

Oh yes, all of these. Diddy Kong Racing also had way better graphics, IMO better control, and no freaking cheap rubber band AI!

NSM: I know what she is talking about. The N64 one DID have more characters than Mario Kart 64.

Baby Luigi Lacertae said:
Fawfulfury65 said:

Oh yes, all of these. Diddy Kong Racing also had way better graphics, IMO better control, and no freaking cheap rubber band AI!

NSM: I know what she is talking about. The N64 one DID have more characters than Mario Kart 64.
DKR = 10 characters (2 unlockable)
MK64 = 8 characters (0 unlockable)

Plus, you can play Diddy, Banjo, and Conker in DKR, who are all better than the characters in MK64.

Fawfulfury65 said:
Baby Luigi Lacertae said:
Fawfulfury65 said:

DKR = 10 characters (2 unlockable)
MK64 = 8 characters (0 unlockable)

Plus, you can play Diddy, Banjo, and Conker in DKR, who are all better than the characters in MK64.

Well, this is subjective taste. I like Toad out of all characters presented in both games. But still, who can't argue that more characters = better? Especially in a spin-off game like that.

And in Diddy Kong Racing, you can choose three types of vehicles to race in! That's another reason I love it. Diddy Kong Racing was way more replay value than Mario Kart 64 and this game vamped up the difficulty by adding Silver Coins rather than cheap AI. Although I'm not a big fan of silver coins, I firmly believe that Diddy Kong Racing did everything Mario Kart 64 did and did not, but better.

I also whole-heartedly agree with you on the better music. It's STILL better than Mario Kart Wii music (I even replaced some Mario Kart Wii music in my game with Diddy Kong Racing music)

Diddy Kong Racing was much better, but some items (the Bubble), I do not like.

Scrub Jay said:
Diddy Kong Racing was much better, but some items (the Bubble), I do not like.

The bubble was easy to dodge, though. Especially if you are on a plane. It takes real skill to acquire a bubble through three balloons.

I never played DKR so I'm not gonna vote but if you take a good look at MK64, it's kind of a piece of shit. The graphics are a step below DOOM and the item filter is so bad you can get a blue shell in first. It's still fun as balls with some friends mind, but it's pretty crappy by any other standards.

Herr Shyguy said:
the item filter is so bad you can get a blue shell in first.

I kind of liked that, personally.

Herr Shyguy said:
The graphics are a step below DOOM

You got that right.

Ehm, people.... Mario Kart 64 was the 2nd Mario Kart! Let's be sympathetic with them!

Chivi-chivik said:
Ehm, people.... Mario Kart 64 was the 2nd Mario Kart! Let's be sympathetic with them!
And Banjo-Kazooie was only the first Banjo game. Don't make excuses.

Yeah, but it only took one try for Diddy Kong Racing to be better than Mario Kart.

Anyways, I prefer Mario Kart 64.

Mario Kart 64 had very unfair rubberbanding, which I never recalled seeing in Diddy Kong Racing, except for boss races (which would be typical).

PokemonMaster said:
Mario Kart 64. Why? Wario.

I treat Banjo like Wario though. I think they should like each other.

Back