Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Black/White

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters
Zae said:
Are you people really that impatient?

Nope, I grinded for a whole 4 Hours once and it didn't bother me.

Zae said:
Surprised no one has tried the whole pickup/rare candy route then. As that is pretty fast.

Way too fast actually.
But if you use rare candies, the max stats (lvl 100 stats) won't be too high. It's more recommended to beat trainers and wild PKMN before using rare candies (for example, I NEVER use rare candies).

Chivi-chivik said:
Zae said:
Surprised no one has tried the whole pickup/rare candy route then. As that is pretty fast.

Way too fast actually.
But if you use rare candies, the max stats (lvl 100 stats) won't be too high. It's more recommended to beat trainers and wild PKMN before using rare candies (for example, I NEVER use rare candies).
MY IVs!!

Baby Luigi Lacertae said:
Grinding on wild Pokemon is more tedious than grinding on trainers. The trainers give you more experience points and make the game shorter and less of a hassle.

Yeah, wild PKMN give you very little experience, while Trainer PKMN give you significantly more, plus, you get money from trainer battles, something you can never get from wild PKMN.

Zae said:
Are you people really that impatient?

Yes.

superjeff64 said:
Grinding on wild Pokemon is more tedious than grinding on trainers. The trainers give you more experience points and make the game shorter and less of a hassle.

Yeah, wild PKMN give you very little experience, while Trainer PKMN give you significantly more, plus, you get money from trainer battles, something you can never get from wild PKMN.

Also, there's more variety when battling Trainers, rather than running into the same wild Pokemon.

I never said I hated training. Please don't put words in my mouth, so to speak, and then try to make me out to be the bad guy. I was just expressing my opinion that it was a not so great change. I had to level grind on wild Pokemon in Yellow, and I did not enjoy it then, either. I'm still going to do it, but it just won't be as enjoyable as being able to battle Trainers again.

schmutz said:
I never said I hated training. Please don't put words in my mouth, so to speak, and then try to make me out to be the bad guy. I was just expressing my opinion that it was a not so great change. I had to level grind on wild Pokemon in Yellow, and I did not enjoy it then, either. I'm still going to do it, but it just won't be as enjoyable as being able to battle Trainers again.
Its better to battle against Trainers, but if you don't like, I won't criticize you. It's you way for train :)

Chivi-chivik said:
Zae said:

Way too fast actually.

Thats why said ev train a little haha. Since you know, pokemon(whether wild or from trainers) give you evs and those can be maxed pretty quickly so its all good.

Although I'm really saying that for impatient people. I don't really like using rare candies myself unless im just messing around with stats and moves.

PokemonMaster said:
Chivi-chivik said:
Zae said:

Way too fast actually.
MY IVs!!

IVs and EVs are quite different, actually. You can't change IVs unless you hack it. EVS, you can modify.

It's fine really and keeps you from losing your sanity over stat complexity.

But remember, there is an extremely fast way to level and much t contrary belief, much faster than vs seeker method.

I don't like the idea of berries lowering the effectiveness of attacks. To me, that is just plain stupid

I don't like the idea of berries lowering the effectiveness of attacks. To me, that is just plain stupid
Can help you win the battle. One of my friends randomly put it on before Lance's 2nd Fight in HG and it ended up winning the fight for him, without it, his last pokemon would've died.

It can be good if you can battle a kind of pokémon that can battle you too. For example: My sceptile can beat fire-type PKMN (he has Earthquake), but the fire-type can battle him, so if I use a berry that lowers the efectiveness on fire-type attacks I could survive and would win the battle.

You guys are not talking about times where you were the ones hindered by the effects of the berries.

Wasn't it confirmed that berries or blocks could actually LOWER STATS?

I remember reading that in a guide somewhere.

Zae said:
Wasn't it confirmed that berries or blocks could actually LOWER STATS?

I remember reading that in a guide somewhere.
That just happens with someones. There nare some that uppers the friendship with the PKMN, but lowers a stat (depends on the berry you use).
The others just help you in the batles, restore your status, or some more effects.

No berries don't lower stats, only EVs

Well that could be even worse. Less effects on level ups? Yikes.

There is a few group that do that.

Actually, lowering EVs can be a good thing. If it is something you don't like such as Attack for a Special Attack, it could work like a charm

Actually, lowering EVs can be a good thing. If it is something you don't like such as Attack for a Special Attack, it could work like a charm
I always want equilibrate stats and everything.

It's better though, if you sacrificed the useless attack for Special attack for your special attacker though (example)

You could also sacrifice useless attack for speed, using Lace's example.

You can create more specialized Pokemon that way.

Back