Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Black/White

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters
Re: Best Main Pokémon GAME Generation

Chivi-chivik said:
superjeff64 said:
Chivi-chivik said:
But the natures affect some stats. Each nature raises a stat and lowers another. But there are 5 that don't do anything (Hardy, Docile, Brave, Bashful, Quirky). They are the best for a pokémon.

I know what natures are, I was just saying some of them don't make sense.

Which ones don't make sense?

Just ones that don't fit the Pokemon's personality or contradicts the pokedex entries such as my rival's Mewtwo having a calm nature even though the pokedex entries says its vicious and any pokemon can have any nature like a Gyarados being gentle even though they destroy cities in times of conflict or a Primeape can be jolly even though they get angry easily.

superjeff64 said:
Chivi-chivik said:
superjeff64 said:
Chivi-chivik said:
But the natures affect some stats. Each nature raises a stat and lowers another. But there are 5 that don't do anything (Hardy, Docile, Brave, Bashful, Quirky). They are the best for a pokémon.

I know what natures are, I was just saying some of them don't make sense.

Which ones don't make sense?

Just ones that don't fit the Pokemon's personality or contradicts the pokedex entries such as my rival's Mewtwo having a calm nature even though the pokedex entries says its vicious and any pokemon can have any nature like a Gyarados being gentle even though they destroy cities in times of conflict or a Primeape can be jolly even though they get angry easily.
It's a random thing, you know...
I'm sure that Game Freak did this for fun and for put a personality for each pokémon... but for some don't make sense, that's true.
Anyways, it's funny :)

schmutz said:
There are several reasons for all the Hoenn hate:

1) Too many water routes. I didn't enjoy wasting my money on Repels to keep away all the Pelipper and Tentacruel.
i find that annoying... But it is part of a RPG game.

2) In my opinion, this is the generation where the new Pokemon started to get weirder and uglier (i.e., Mawile, the Regis).
AGREE
3) The music was bad. A few of the songs themselves were good, however the instrumentation was horrible. I could never stand to play with the volume up.
i only liked the music from an MT. Where you could see a lot of graves.
superjeff64 said:
Don't judge a Pokemon by its looks, judge them by their stats.
That doesn't mean that they can make them look crappy and ugly! At the beginning they looked great! For God sake! They're professional artists!. D:<

ToD the ToaD said:
schmutz said:
There are several reasons for all the Hoenn hate:

1) Too many water routes. I didn't enjoy wasting my money on Repels to keep away all the Pelipper and Tentacruel.
i find that annoying... But it is part of a RPG game.
Random encounters are one of the worst things an RPG can do.

ToD the ToaD said:
That doesn't mean that they can make them look crappy and ugly! At the beginning they looked great! For God sake! They're professional artists!. D:<

Other than the Gen I Japanese sprites (many of which were downright freaky) most of the earlier Pokemon looked as normal as you can expect a "Pocket Monster" to look. But when you attach a giant mouth on the back of something's head, you know you've gone too far.

>>schmutz
Imagine Pokémon Generations to be reversed, like in Gen V Pokémon being Gen I, Gen IV being Gen II, etc.
Now imagine to see the first 151 Pokémon to be shown for the first time, then you'd have exactly the same opinion as you now have for Gen V Pokémon.

schmutz said:
ToD the ToaD said:

Other than the Gen I Japanese sprites (many of which were downright freaky) most of the earlier Pokemon looked as normal as you can expect a "Pocket Monster" to look. But when you attach a giant mouth on the back of something's head, you know you've gone too far.

Well, you have to remember that these are POKEMON. They're fictional creatures in a fictional world. So of course all of them can't look pretty, because that would be boring to have every single pokemon look cute and what not. It would be more...uhh...realistic (Sorry, I can't find a better word for it) to have some weird and deformed-looking pokemon mixed in too.

ToD the ToaD said:

So you're saying Dugtrio, Seel, Muk, Dodrio, Magneton, and Electrode are awesome designs? Especially when one is simply three of the prevolution? I really don't like it how nostalgia can make people blind. But I have to agree with you that I like some 1st generation designs are better than some 3rd (Porygon>>>Slaking). Pardon me if you are just generalizing, though.

Oh yeah, which generation introduced IVs? The first one? Dunno. Whatever it is, I HATE IVs. Stupid things.

Baby Luigi Lacertae said:
Oh yeah, which generation introduced IVs? The first one? Dunno. Whatever it is, I HATE IVs. Stupid things.
I found RSE and DPP to be needlessly complicated. Black (and White) seems to be easier so far from what I've seen.

ToD the ToaD said:
They are, indeed, professional artists and that is why designs for Gen V are not as bland.
Ditto(DPPt)Sprite.png

Voltorb(DPPt)Sprite.png

electrode_hgss.png

VS
cofagrigus.png

chandelure.png

I am getting all sorts of creativity from these Gen I designs. Not saying that Gen I has uncreative designs, but...

A blob and pokeballs with faces! Definitely are better than a freaking ghost chandelier or a coffin made out of human souls. Every Pokemon gen has their share of bland Pokemon, but if you're saying that the gen with probably, in my opinion, the most unique and weirdest looking Pokemon pales in comparison with the generation with probably the blandest Pokemon, you know that your nostalgia glasses are on way too tight. And to be honest, the weirder, or in this case, "crappier and uglier" a pokemon looks, the more I like it. I'm just like that.

I don't see what is up with this "new gen" hate. "They're not the originals" is a worn out and bullshit excuse now.

And to answer the question, I like all Gens equally. Every single gen has its flaw, but it doesn't really bother me. As long as it entertains me and as long as the Pokemon in the game interest me, you can consider me a happy customer.

>>Mason
>Black (and White) seems to be easier so far from what I've seen.

I wouldn't say that, since I get loads of Google Search Results on my main site of people looking for a way to get to Sekka City, and Ancient Castle.
Sometimes there are even people that want to go through the Champion Road.

Every generation has its good and bad things. But we have fun with them around the world! :D

And ya know: any videogame is perfect. We have likes and dislikes of every game.

adiosToreador said:
ToD the ToaD said:
They are, indeed, professional artists and that is why designs for Gen V are not as bland.
Ditto(DPPt)Sprite.png

Voltorb(DPPt)Sprite.png

electrode_hgss.png

VS
*bleep*rigus.png[/img]
chandelure.png

I am getting all sorts of creativity from these Gen I designs. Not saying that Gen I has uncreative designs, but...

A blob and pokeballs with faces! Definitely are better than a freaking ghost chandelier or a coffin made out of human souls. Every Pokemon gen has their share of bland Pokemon, but if you're saying that the gen with probably, in my opinion, the most unique and weirdest looking Pokemon pales in comparison with the generation with probably the blandest Pokemon, you know that your nostalgia glasses are on way too tight. And to be honest, the weirder, or in this case, "crappier and uglier" a pokemon looks, the more I like it. I'm just like that.

I don't see what is up with this "new gen" hate. "They're not the originals" is a worn out and *bleep* excuse now.

And to answer the question, I like all Gens equally. Every single gen has its flaw, but it doesn't really bother me. As long as it entertains me and as long as the Pokemon in the game interest me, you can consider me a happy customer.
Dittos are creative blobs of clay that mold themselves into other Pokemon.

How it censors a Pokemon's name is very dumb...

Anyway, Ditto's design is NOT creative. Mew and Smearagle do a better job of transforming than DITTO anyway. The only thing Ditto is good at is at breeding. It doesn't even look awesome.

I don't like Generation 4 too much, mainly because the majority of Pokemon are evolutions and prevolutions (the only ones that really bother me are the prevolutions) and slow paced battles and surfing. Although Platinum and Heartgold/Soulsilver solved that problem (surfing and battles).

How it censors a Pokemon's name is very dumb...

Anyway, Ditto's design is NOT creative. Mew and Smearagle do a better job of transforming than DITTO anyway. The only thing Ditto is good at is at breeding. It doesn't even look awesome.

I don't like Generation 4 too much, mainly because the majority of Pokemon are evolutions and prevolutions (the only ones that really bother me are the prevolutions) and slow paced battles and surfing. Although Platinum and Heartgold/Soulsilver solved that problem (surfing and battles).
Zorua and Zoruark scared the heck out of everybody I know whose battled me. Why? You see a Hitmonchan come out of a Poke Ball use Psychic and find out it doesn't work and think somebody hacked your game.

Re: Best Pokémon GAME Generation

I'm not totally against all later generation Pokemon; some of the Gen V ones I found absolutely adorable/awesome.

But that one that looks like a chandelier? No.

I don't like Generation 4 too much, mainly because the majority of Pokemon are evolutions and prevolutions

Exactly. I liked Leafeon and Glaceon, but Probopass, Tangela's evolution, and Lickylicky I did not.

I like Chandelure's design. It's very creative. It also has beastly special attack and an awesome ability. It's a pretty good Pokemon.

I like Chandelure's design. It's very creative. It also has beastly special attack and an awesome ability. It's a pretty good Pokemon.
That's why Chandelure is VERY popular. Chandelure is the current pkmn with the highest special attack ever (overpassing Alakazam). :D
The problem is that can't learn attacks after evolving :(

Chivi-chivik said:
That's why Chandelure is VERY popular. Chandelure is the current pkmn with the highest special attack ever (overpassing Alakazam). :D
Ninetales hates Chandelure.

PokemonMaster said:
Chivi-chivik said:
Ninetales hates Chandelure.
Why?

Mason said:
I found RSE and DPP to be needlessly complicated. Black (and White) seems to be easier so far from what I've seen.

what?

how was rse and dpp complicated at ALL?

The mechanics are almost the same adjalsas

Also man, IVs blow. Talk about random.

Mason said:
Black and White can be more difficult because you don't know the PKMN very well as other gens. This gen is like 1st: you almost don't know what are you going to find.

3rd and 4 gens weren't difficult for me.

Chivi-chivik said:
Mason said:
Black and White can be more difficult because you don't know the PKMN very well as other gens. This gen is like 1st: you almost don't know what are you going to find.

You call that difficult? I call that exciting!

Zae said:
Chivi-chivik said:
Mason said:

You call that difficult? I call that exciting!
1-I've said that 5th can be difficult... but i love them.
2-3rd and 4rth are very good :)

Back