Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Black/White

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters
Re: Best Main Pokémon GAME Generation

There are several reasons for all the Hoenn hate:

1) Too many water routes. I didn't enjoy wasting my money on Repels to keep away all the Pelipper and Tentacruel.

2) In my opinion, this is the generation where the new Pokemon started to get weirder and uglier (i.e., Mawile, the Regis).

3) The music was bad. A few of the songs themselves were good, however the instrumentation was horrible. I could never stand to play with the volume up.

4) PokemonMaster mentioned the problem of no backward compatibility.

Granted, there were some features introduced in Gen III that were good, but overall, I strongly disliked those games.

schmutz said:

1) Too many water routes. I didn't enjoy wasting my money on Repels to keep away all the Pelipper and Tentacruel.

2) In my opinion, this is the generation where the new Pokemon started to get weirder and uglier (i.e., Mawile, the Regis).

3) The music was bad. A few of the songs themselves were good, however the instrumentation was horrible. I could never stand to play with the volume up.

Granted, there were some features introduced in Gen III that were good, but overall, I strongly disliked those games.

Well, thanks for at least giving some reasons. But honestly, they don't really apply to me as I don't use repels anyway. Don't judge a Pokemon by its looks, judege them by their stats. Set the volume to mute when the music is undesireable, and I don't have anyone to trade with anyway, so that doesn't really affect me. But I guess I understand why most others don't like Hoenn.

superjeff64 said:
schmutz said:

Well, thanks for at least giving some reasons. But honestly, they don't really apply to me as I don't use repels anyway. Don't judge a Pokemon by its looks, judege them by their stats. Set the volume to mute when the music is undesireable, and I don't have anyone to trade with anyway, so that doesn't really affect me. But I guess I understand why most others don't like Hoenn.
Everybody says Raticate is a terrible Pokemon. The Regis where okay. BUT they added 2 new Metapods.
Spr_3e_266.gif

and
Spr_4p_268.png
By the way does anybody other than me think shiny Cascoons look like cabbages?

superjeff64 said:
schmutz said:

He's right. He/She only has given his/her own reasons for hate Hoenn, not general ones.
People usually hate Hoenn because it's more difficult than others to complete. This is stupid! Pokémon can't be very easy! :mad:
Also hoenn has unique features. As the 'Dive' use. in Isshu/Unova you can use it, but only in a place. :(
And it introduced more Dragon type pokémons than other generations, and they were cool!

Chivi-chivik said:
He's right. He/She only has given his/her own reasons for hate Hoenn, not general ones.
People usually hate Hoenn because it's more difficult than others to complete. This is stupid! Pokémon can't be very easy! :mad:
Also hoenn has unique features. As the 'Dive' use. in Isshu/Unova you can use it, but only in a place. :(
And it introduced more Dragon type pokémons than other generations, and they were cool!

1) There are many people who share my opinions on the water routes, music, Pokemon, etc.
2) It really wasn't all that difficult. I would say Gen IV was the most difficult because you had to get 493 Pokemon (although you could skip the event Pokemon).
3) Every generation has its own unique features.

Why don't we just agree to disagree?

schmutz said:
1) There are many people who share my opinions on the water routes, music, Pokemon, etc.
2) It really wasn't all that difficult. I would say Gen IV was the most difficult because you had to get 493 Pokemon (although you could skip the event Pokemon).

OK. That's better than starting a flame war.

schmutz said:
Chivi-chivik said:

S/he has a point.

schmutz said:
Chivi-chivik said:

Mmh... *still doing bad face*

5th.

Favorite designs, favorite characters, favorite soundtrack, hell, favorite everything.

Everything was developed really well with tons of improvements and new stuff, not to mention a deeper storyline that wasn't utterly predictable to the very end.

Not to mention huge amount of side stuff and rare hm use? Heck yeah.

Pokemon G/S/C. This was when Pokemon was at its prime. Everything that was wrong with the 1st generation, was fixed in the next. The newer pokemon in those games were also pretty creative and original and not over-the-top or ridiculous looking.

I could not get into the 4th generation. It just feels so different to me.

3rd generation was ok. I only like Emerald though, because Ruby and Sapphire aren't as good.

Starr said:
Everything that was wrong with the 1st generation, was fixed in the next.
Not entirely. It was still god awful trying to use PC boxes. I think by Gen IV they had most of the core mechanics pretty much perfected but unfortunately I stopped playing Pokemon long before then.

Re: Best Main Pokémon GAME Generatiion

Mason said:
schmutz said:
My order would go second, first, fourth, third.
Oh my, you're awesome. Also, I can barely stand the third generation.
Per both of you.

I liked it how 3rd generation was the one that fixed all the nasty box moving and organization. Although I didn't really care about contests that were introduced nor the Pokemon natures.

I began to care about natures when I began to play to PKMN Platinum.
It's useful to be careful with this :)

Baby Luigi Lacertae said:
Although I didn't really care about contests that were introduced nor the Pokemon natures.

Yeah, good thing the contests were optional otherwise, I'd be in trouble and the Pokemon natures don't make sense, my rival's Mewtwo in FireRed has a calm nature yet the pokedex entry states that Mewtwo is vicious or something along those lines.

superjeff64 said:
Baby Luigi Lacertae said:
Although I didn't really care about contests that were introduced nor the Pokemon natures.

Yeah, good thing the contests were optional otherwise, I'd be in trouble and the Pokemon natures don't make sense, my rival's Mewtwo in FireRed has a calm nature yet the pokedex entry states that Mewtwo is vicious or something along those lines.

But the natures affect some stats. Each nature raises a stat and lowers another. But there are 5 that don't do anything (Hardy, Docile, Brave, Bashful, Quirky). They are the best for a pokémon.

Natures suck when you want to EV train but you have to catch 50 of the same Pokemon to make sure the nature doesn't interfere.

On the other hand EV training is for people who hate having fun in Pokemon.

You just have to be lucky. Or having natures that don't interfere in the Pokémons' main stats. For example, a Pokémon which its main stat is the normal attack, a nature that doesn't lowers the attack won't do anything important.

Chivi-chivik said:
But the natures affect some stats. Each nature raises a stat and lowers another. But there are 5 that don't do anything (Hardy, Docile, Brave, Bashful, Quirky). They are the best for a pokémon.

I know what natures are, I was just saying some of them don't make sense.

schmutz said:
Natures suck when you want to EV train but you have to catch 50 of the same Pokemon to make sure the nature doesn't interfere.

What's EV training? (Too lazy to check Bulbapedia)

superjeff64 said:
schmutz said:
What's EV training? (Too lazy to check Bulbapedia)
The stats you get when you levelup depend on which Pokemon you defeated, so for example, if you face a lot of Machop and Machoke, you'll get a lot of Attack EVs.

superjeff64 said:
Chivi-chivik said:

I know what natures are, I was just saying some of them don't make sense.

Which ones don't make sense?

Back