Wii U

Wii U gamepads won't be sold separately at launch in the US.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/13/wii-u-wiipads-wont-be-sold-separately-at-launch-in-us-will-be/

We've known the Wii U can support the simultaneous usage of two WiiPads for as long as we've known that no launch titles will support such madness. Despite this, Japanese Wii U owners will be able to purchase extra WiiPads for ¥13,440 ($173), while Americans will not be given that option. At least, not at first.

"Through the launch window, there are no games that leverage a second controller," Nintendo of America CEO Reggie Fils-Aime told Engadget. "And so, during the launch window here in NOA territories, we will not be selling at retail a second gamepad. But certainly, when the games come out, we'll be making that accessory available."

We suppose that wanting to future-proof your living room against the inevitable games that will support two WiiPads could be a valid reason for buying one right now, but a more likely scenario is one involving children, permanent markers and that stylus-driven touchscreen. Anyone looking to replace a damaged or otherwise undesirable WiiPad will need to contact Nintendo customer support when the times comes.

There's no price as far as I know.

Anyways, that's about the price I expected. I won't be getting the Wii U until Spring or later for three reasons:

1) Not enough money
2) The money I have is going to be for the 3DS games + Kirby's Dream Collection that's coming out right now
3) Pikmin 3 is not a launch title, so there's no reason for me to bother

I'll wait for Pikmin 3 and Game and Wario, since those are the only two first party Nintendo games I care about right now. Might look into some third party games when they go cheap.

Definitely impressed.

However, my PC is going to be the main platform for most of my games- seeing TVii integration and the price, however, I don't think I can pass this console up.

Anyways, it's fuckin' Nintendo. I could own a damn supercomputer and I'd still get this sexy son of a bitch.

Anyways, I'm just glad that they're trying to get back the, ugh, "hardcore" gamers.

I really, really hate the words "Hardcore" and "casual" to describe gamers, but I've gotten so accustomed to them that I can't think of anything else to use.

It's a good thing it will cost $329 for me instead of the whopping $600 I thought it would. I'll probably get the premium pack mainly because of the 32GB space.

Fassad said:
There's no price as far as I know.

Anyways, that's about the price I expected. I won't be getting the Wii U until Spring or later for three reasons:

1) Not enough money
2) The money I have is going to be for the 3DS games + Kirby's Dream Collection that's coming out right now
3) Pikmin 3 is not a launch title, so there's no reason for me to bother

I'll wait for Pikmin 3 and Game and Wario, since those are the only two first party Nintendo games I care about right now. Might look into some third party games when they go cheap.
It sucks that we have to wait for Pikmin 3. But Game and Wario doesn't look worth the money.

I'm going for the premium bundle, mostly for Nintendo Land. Sure I can buy it by itself, but I want atleast one game when I get it.

Although, $420 is pretty expensive for a single christmas present. I'll probably end up having it be half Christmas present, half birthday present.

I've Pre-Ordered my Wii U at 4 shops in the city of Breda (2 yesterday, and 2 today).
I'll pick up the one that gets a Wii U for me first.
All 4 of them have told me, that I'm first on their lists.

I know that GameMania usually ships their Pre-Orders 2 or 3 days early, but I honestly think, that ForeGames will be earlier.
I mean, GameMania has lots of shops over the entire country, while ForeGames only has 2 shops over the whole world.

Threekayzod said:
Glowsquid said:
bayonetta 2 confirmed WiiU exclusive, wow.
http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=185428

laughing

The funny thing is that there probably wouldn't be a sequel if Nintendo hadn't offered to publish it. People are so ignorant and dumb nowadays, it's kind of hilarious, but depressing.

Something about seeing Nina Williams dressed up like Zelda makes me happy for some stupid reason.

Fassad said:
Threekayzod said:
Glowsquid said:
bayonetta 2 confirmed WiiU exclusive, wow.
http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=185428

laughing

The funny thing is that there probably wouldn't be a sequel if Nintendo hadn't offered to publish it. People are so ignorant and dumb nowadays, it's kind of hilarious, but depressing.

oh no, a game on a console you don't like
that makes it horrible

MKGirlism said:
I've Pre-Ordered my Wii U at 4 shops in the city of Breda (2 yesterday, and 2 today).
All 4 of them have told me, that I'm first on their lists.

I know that GameMania usually ships their Pre-Orders 2 or 3 days early, but I honestly think, that ForeGames will be earlier.
I mean, GameMania has lots of shops over the entire country, while ForeGames only has 2 shops over the whole world.
What the fuck do you want with 4 Wii U's?

One for the screen capture. One for the GamePad capture. One black one. One white one.

To clarify it:
MKGirlism said:

I've never said I'm getting 4 Wii U's, I said I've pre-ordered one at 4 shops.
It didn't cost me anything.

As much as I'm fascinated by the concept, I'll wait until more games are released to consider buying it.

Also, sorry about my post on the last page where I just quoted my previous post, I thought I was editing the latter.

Preordering Wii U deluxe tonight because of GameStop stopping taking Wii U black preorsers very soon :(

Was reading through this topic and some people were good at predicting things.
Severus Snape said:
How much did the Wii cost in America on launch day? We could add 50-100 USD to that price.
Wow, exactly right! :eek:
Koopa Kid said:
http://wii.ign.com/articles/122/1222235p1.html
Wii U going to get a Nov. 18 release date?
I guess the rumor was true... might have just been a coincidence though

Ventus said:
I hope Atari can make Roller Coaster Tycoon 4 for Wii U
They are coming out with Roller Coaster Tycoon 3D for 3DS.

Rowlf the Dog said:
I can't decide whether I should try to buy this as soon as I can, or whether I should just be patient and wait for the price to drop.
Same, I know I want to get a new console, but I don't know if i should wait for the Next Xbox/PS4 or get a gaming pc or just get it.

Back