Wii U

Zae Roles said:
ernesth100 said:
How is the 3ds doing so well?!

better games to be frank with you, aka a better library.

wii u on the other hand.... not so much.
Okay so theres only one way to save the wii u...minecraft...or sims...they already have assassins creed. How about COD...no wait done. They basically have some of the most famous gaming names so whats wrong with it why isn't it selling its gotta be the customers.

Howl said:
PeskyPlumbers64 said:
ernesth100 said:
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/8116387840/h4F89517C/

...Which makes every doomsayer's opinion irrelevant. (Not that they were in the first place.)
except that no one is saying nintendo's going to lose all of their money, though it should be noted that they've been having a net loss for two or three years now

but the wii u is almost unsalvageable by this point. smash 4 may revive it, though since it's on the 3DS too that may not be the case. developers have simply given up on developing for the wii u, for the most part

The Wii U is far from unsalvageable. Is it flawed? Currently yes. Is it not selling well? Currently yes. Is it the next Virtual Boy? Hell no.

Most third party devs are simply lazy or give BS excuses when it comes to not developing on the Wii U. Indie developers on the other hand, have been saying nothing but praise for the Wii U.

If sales improve, then MAYBE we'll see more support, but I honestly think they'll just give more excuses for not developing for the Wii U.

even if the Wii U fails, Nintendo could easily continue

the other companies have been operating in the red, with yearly losses for decades- Nintendo has been operating purely from its profit, and has yet to find itself in a financially precarious position

What's with all this negativity?

Even if Nintendo lost 250 Million dollars every year, they would be able to substain until 2052. They have that much money from their business.

The Wii U is far from a failure. It just simply has not picked up as quickly as Nintendo wanted it to. The media are blowing it up like it's going to be the next virtual boy. It's just like with plane crashes where the media is all over it due to the rarity of it. So yeah, Nintendo rarely has this happen.

The system is awesome though. The gamepad is very innovative, the storage is much bigger than the Wii's storage, there is a social network called Miiverse on there, and HD quality for games. Plus you don't have to pay handsome amounts of money for controllers and stuff since they reuse the Wiimotes.

The 1st party games are far from the problem as well. I mean, Super Mario 3D World getting famed as one of the best Mario games in years, the release of Pikmin 3 that many fans have been hoping for for countless years, and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze being a very high ranked game.

Again, the main issue I see is the support of games on the system. I don't think Nintendo really got enough attention yet as they did with the Wii since many of their games are not the "big" ones. I mean, when the Wii came out, we had a new Zelda pushing the sales on the console, a new Mario 3D Platformer (Galaxy) that was coming out shortly, the hype from Smash Bros. that was going to originally come up in 2007, and plenty of new games like Wii Fit, Wii Sports, Wii Play, etc.

I have no doubt that Mario Kart 8 will push the sales, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U will drastically push the sales, and - depending on if they go with a Zelda that rallied the fans like Twilight Princess - continue to push the sales on the Wii U.

And I'm 99.9% confident that in 2016 they'll still be pushing the system. I don't think another console will come out into maybe 2017 or 2018.

BMB said:

Even if Nintendo lost 250 Million dollars every year, they would be able to substain until 2052. They have that much money from their business.

The Wii U is far from a failure. It just simply has not picked up as quickly as Nintendo wanted it to. The media are blowing it up like it's going to be the next virtual boy. It's just like with plane crashes where the media is all over it due to the rarity of it. So yeah, Nintendo rarely has this happen.

The system is awesome though. The gamepad is very innovative, the storage is much bigger than the Wii's storage, there is a social network called Miiverse on there, and HD quality for games. Plus you don't have to pay handsome amounts of money for controllers and stuff since they reuse the Wiimotes.

The 1st party games are far from the problem as well. I mean, Super Mario 3D World getting famed as one of the best Mario games in years, the release of Pikmin 3 that many fans have been hoping for for countless years, and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze being a very high ranked game.

Again, the main issue I see is the support of games on the system. I don't think Nintendo really got enough attention yet as they did with the Wii since many of their games are not the "big" ones. I mean, when the Wii came out, we had a new Zelda pushing the sales on the console, a new Mario 3D Platformer (Galaxy) that was coming out shortly, the hype from Smash Bros. that was going to originally come up in 2007, and plenty of new games like Wii Fit, Wii Sports, Wii Play, etc.

I have no doubt that Mario Kart 8 will push the sales, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U will drastically push the sales, and - depending on if they go with a Zelda that rallied the fans like Twilight Princess - continue to push the sales on the Wii U.

And I'm 99.9% confident that in 2016 they'll still be pushing the system. I don't think another console will come out into maybe 2017 or 2018.

This. All this negativity is getting tiring.

well im just negative towards the wii u, cant see myself getting it just for a few games, but we'll see if does well or not.

Although for nintendo they've surprised me with the 3ds, ill be really positive about that.

PeskyPlumbers64 said:
BMB said:

But the criticism is justified. Nintendo has done a really poor job with the Wii U and they need to be called out on it.

GalacticPetey said:
PeskyPlumbers64 said:
BMB said:

But the criticism is justified. Nintendo has done a really poor job with the Wii U and they need to be called out on it.
Yeah seriously.

It's 2014 and Nintendo has a system on the market that has graphical parity to systems released in 2005 AND 2006 and they still don't have a proper account system and various other things.

Exactly. It's about damn time Nintendo puts their sh!t together and start making innovative AND powerful consoles. The Wii U is not half as powerful as the PlayStation 3; a console from a previous generation. That's just unforgivable. Yes, it has better graphics than the Wii, but the Wii never set the bar high anyway.

makes you wonder if the people moaning about wii u even look at its specs to begin with

Contra(dictory) said:
the Wii U is stronger than the PS3 and 360

fuck you talkin about

It isn't. Or, if it is, it hasn't shown its true power yet, and I really don't know what the fuck they're waiting for.

Who is "they"? If you mean Nintendo, they're not waiting for anything. The first-party titles by and large show off what the console can do. The Wii U is facing the same problem the Wii did, and that is third-party developers not putting forth an adequate amount of effort to develop games for a console on which they don't think those games will sell well.

Anser said:
Contra(dictory) said:

*bleep* you talkin about

It isn't. Or, if it is, it hasn't shown its true power yet, and I really don't know what the *bleep* they're waiting for.
game designers are to lazy to optimize there graphics for the wii u :-\

game guy said:
Anser said:
Contra(dictory) said:

*bleep* you talkin about

It isn't. Or, if it is, it hasn't shown its true power yet, and I really don't know what the *bleep* they're waiting for.
game designers are to lazy to optimize there graphics for the wii u :-\

If they were too lazy to optimize their graphics, we wouldn't have games like Super Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 8 running at a constant 60 fps

Anser said:
Contra(dictory) said:

fuck you talkin about

It isn't. Or, if it is, it hasn't shown its true power yet, and I really don't know what the fuck they're waiting for.
Yes, it is more powerful.

Amphituber said:
Those are all first party though; we're talking about third party developers.

I don't know much but Rayman Legends runs at 60 fps.

Back