Wii U

Add me I'm MaiotheHedgehog!

So I finally got my Wii U and I have a question...

On the manual, it says that the first charge of the Game Pad should be completed, but I didn't do it and started playing right away while charging it. Is that going to affect the performance of the battery forever?

Anser said:
So I finally got my Wii U and I have a question...

On the manual, it says that the first charge of the Game Pad should be completed, but I didn't do it and started playing right away while charging it. Is that going to affect the performance of the battery forever?
No, I did that too

The battery sucks either way

Lakituelrápido said:
People always complain about small things like battery-life.

This is why they invented chargers.
This^

Well, I will take complaints like this since it is in no means equivalent to "the forum that shall not be named".

Lakituelrápido said:

I use it for more than the 4 hours it allows at a time, so battery life does matter.
It's annoying to charge it almost every day because Nintendo refuses to put a way to turn the Gamepad off while you use other controllers.

Lakituelrápido said:

Except the design for the chargers is horrible.

Xpike said:
Lakituelrápido said:

I use it for more than the 4 hours it allows at a time, so battery life does matter.
It's annoying to charge it almost every day because Nintendo refuses to put a way to turn the Gamepad off while you use other controllers.

That is bad, but there actually is a function that turns the display off if you are not using it.

In addition, I believe if you already have a Wii Remote or Pro Controller paired, you can turn the Wii U on with that controller by pressing the power button on it and only the Wii U should turn on. Correct me if I am wrong.

chillv said:
Xpike said:
Lakituelrápido said:

That is bad, but there actually is a function that turns the display off if you are not using it.

In addition, I believe if you already have a Wii Remote or Pro Controller paired, you can turn the Wii U on with that controller by pressing the power button on it and only the Wii U should turn on. Correct me if I am wrong.

Just tried it. Nope. Doesn't work that way.

Xpike said:
Lakituelrápido said:

You can turn the screen off.

chillv said:
The console always wakes the GamePad when it turns on by other means then the GamePad itself, so no, you're wrong. Sorry.

LTQ is right (the GamePad has to be on because there's no other way to enter your NNID).

Guys, I need help, and since I already asked and no one replied, I'm going to ask again:

Am I the only one who cannot access the eShop at all? Whenever I try, it just says "Error" and spits me back to the Wii U Menu.

Wish I could help, since I was just home (but never had the urge to see if the eShop worked). Which error is it?

Never mind, guys. It was a problem with the country of residence. The console's configured country of residence was different from that of my Nintendo Network ID. It's solved now. Thanks for your help!

Lakituelrápido said:
The console always wakes the GamePad when it turns on by other means then the GamePad itself, so no, you're wrong. Sorry.

I was going to say that, but did bother. However, I did find a trick to work around this. You can hold the power button on the Gamepad while it is booting up if you aren't going to use it.

chillv said:
Lakituelrápido said:

I was going to say that, but did bother. However, I did find a trick to work around this. You can hold the power button on the Gamepad while it is booting up if you aren't going to use it.
Good luck logging in then. (Unless you have it set to log in automatically to a set account (which I don't recommend).)

Lakituelrápido said:
(Unless you have it set to log in automatically to a set account (which I don't recommend).)

so why don't you reccomend it?
i think mine is set that way, never really bothered to find a way to set it back

I am the only one who plays the Wii U in my house and I have only one older sibling who isn't even interested in it so I don't have to worry about her doing anything on it without my permission.

Also, I have my own room and because I am the only one who plays the Wii U, it is only in my room. In fact, I am typing this right now with my Wii U Gamepad in the comfort of my own room in my bed.

Back