Wii U

what do you mean by "saved"?

Nintendo, the company, is in no danger. They're actually operating from profits, unlike Microsoft and Sony, who are somehow not bankrupt despite operating in the red for a decade now.

The console will get its games. The games are on the way. The console can be a commercial flop and it'll still profit Nintendo.

Nintendo are still selling dozens of 3ds' anyway, there is nothing to worry about

Well, I definitely believe in the Wii U. Plus, if Nintendo fails at a console, I'm pretty sure Nintendo would barely move, especially since the Wii U is actually doing pretty good right now, and just remember that Mario Kart, Wii Fit, Zelda U, and Smash haven't come out yet, which will really be a boost in profits.

I don't think that Wii Fit U will be as popular as the original. Because one of the main marketing things for the Wii is "OMG, I can excerise while playing video games!" I don't know anyone who does that anymore.

I can't wait to play Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros. and Wii Fit U.

I am basically begging my dad to get me the Wii Fit U bundle with the balance board and fit meter. Wii Fit U is one of those games that I need because gaming interferes with me working out.

Based Sora said:
They're actually operating from profits, unlike Microsoft and Sony, who are somehow not bankrupt despite operating in the red for a decade now.

It's because they got other products that are successful (Windows, Sony Laptops, Smartphones, etc.)

Based Sora said:
what do you mean by "saved"?

Nintendo, the company, is in no danger. They're actually operating from profits, unlike Microsoft and Sony, who are somehow not bankrupt despite operating in the red for a decade now.

The console will get its games. The games are on the way. The console can be a commercial flop and it'll still profit Nintendo.
maybe it's a profit in money, but a lot of companies have given up on nintendo and disregarded them as unimportant. that's going to hurt them.

Hey guys. I'm going to buy a Wii U this Christmas and there are several questions I have...

1) Are the titles from Wii's Virtual Console available for Wii U's Virtual Console too? As in, can I buy Mario Party 2 or Super Smash Bros. on the Wii U?
2) What's the price of the games? I read that the price is between 50 and 60 dollars each game, and I want to know the exact price. I'm planning on buying Super Mario 3D World and Call Of Duty: Ghosts.
3) Is it only compatible with the Wii Remote Plus or can I use my standard Wii Remote?
4) Is the Zelda: Wind Waker HD Bundle still available? And if it is, does it have the same price as the Deluxe Set (the one of 32 GB)?

Thanks!

Anser said:
Hey guys. I'm going to buy a Wii U this Christmas and there are several questions I have...

1) Are the titles from Wii's Virtual Console available for Wii U's Virtual Console too? As in, can I buy Mario Party 2 or Super Smash Bros. on the Wii U?
2) What's the price of the games? I read that the price is between 50 and 60 dollars each game, and I want to know the exact price. I'm planning on buying Super Mario 3D World and Call Of Duty: Ghosts.
3) Is it only compatible with the Wii Remote Plus or can I use my standard Wii Remote?

Thanks!

1. If you already have Mario Party 2, Super Smash Bros., etc. you can transfer your Wii virtual console games to the Wii U with an SD Card using a program you can download (Don't worry, it's free) from the eShop. Granted you can only play them on Wii mode. They won't be on the Wii U menu and you won't be able to play the games with Gamepad controls (But I think Wii U's now have the ability to use the gamepad as a TV screen. You still need your Wii remotes and/or Classic Controllers and such though. I also believe the only virtual console game that's both on Wii and Wii U is Super Mario World. In order to get Super Mario World on Wii U you still need to pay money for it on the eShop (Though you get a discount if you already have Super Mario World on Wii mode). Also everything your Wii had in memory of all your other Wii games will also transfer.

Note: This process will remove the Virtual console games and game memory from your original Wii. So be wary of that. Your Wii will be almost a blank slate after this. Ex: All your unlocked stuff in Brawl will be there when you play Brawl on your Wii U. But if you play Brawl on your Wii it will be like you unlocked nothing. In this way the Wii U kinda makes your Wii obsolete unless you don't own a Gamecube.

2. Yeah $50-$60 is the average for a new game. So for two games it's anywhere between $100-$120

3. You can use any kind of Wii remotes you wish to use. That would suck if it was Wii Remote Plus' only.

Northern Verve said:
Anser said:

Thanks!

1. If you already have Mario Party 2, Super Smash Bros., etc. you can transfer your Wii virtual console games to the Wii U with an SD Card using a program you can download (Don't worry, it's free) from the eShop. Granted you can only play them on Wii mode. They won't be on the Wii U menu and you won't be able to play the games with Gamepad controls (But I think Wii U's now have the ability to use the gamepad as a TV screen. You still need your Wii remotes and/or Classic Controllers and such though. I also believe the only virtual console game that's both on Wii and Wii U is Super Mario World. In order to get Super Mario World on Wii U you still need to pay money for it on the eShop (Though you get a discount if you already have Super Mario World on Wii mode). Also everything your Wii had in memory of all your other Wii games will also transfer.

Note: This process will remove the Virtual console games and game memory from your original Wii. So be wary of that. Your Wii will be almost a blank slate after this. Ex: All your unlocked stuff in Brawl will be there when you play Brawl on your Wii U. But if you play Brawl on your Wii it will be like you unlocked nothing. In this way the Wii U kinda makes your Wii obsolete unless you don't own a Gamecube.

2. Yeah $50-$60 is the average for a new game. So for two games it's anywhere between $100-$120

3. You can use any kind of Wii remotes you wish to use. That would suck if it was Wii Remote Plus' only.

Oh, it's all clear now. Thanks for answering! I think you responded before I edited my post and added a fourth question, hahahaha. It doesn't matter, though. Now I know that the Zelda bundle isn't available anymore :(

Anser said:
Oh, it's all clear now. Thanks for answering! I think you responded before I edited my post and added a fourth question, hahahaha. It doesn't matter, though. Now I know that the Zelda bundle isn't available anymore :(

It's selling for ridiculous prices at ebay atm.

PlayStation 4 said:
Get Wonderful 101 instead of Ghosts

I've never seen/read anything related to Wonderful 101, so I don't have the slightest idea of what it is :( Can you illustrate me?

PlayStation 4 said:
100 people look like power rangers attack the giant evil robots taking over the city

video
That doesn't actually explain anything about the game, here's a Nintendo Direct for it:

short version: It's an action game made by the creator of Viewtiful Joe, Devil May Cry, Okami, among others, starring Power Rangers.

depends on the bundle you buy
basic set (the white one) doesn't come with any games
deluxe set originally came with nintendo land, but i think they might be changing that bundle out with one that comes with nsmbu and nslu, but i might be wrong

Pearl said:
depends on the bundle you buy
basic set (the white one) doesn't come with any games
deluxe set originally came with nintendo land, but i think they might be changing that bundle out with one that comes with nsmbu and nslu, but i might be wrong
You're right, the Nintendoland bundle isn't being made anymore, but it didn't sell out so there's tons of places that still have it in stock.

Anser said:
Crap. I don't want to get the New Super Mario Bros. U bundle; I want the Nintendo Land one. :(
Get the Wind Waker bundle then, and Nintendoland as a separate purchase, because it's on the 20 bucks territory these days

Xpike said:
Anser said:
Crap. I don't want to get the New Super Mario Bros. U bundle; I want the Nintendo Land one. :(
Get the Wind Waker bundle then, and Nintendoland as a separate purchase, because it's on the 20 bucks territory these days

Yeah, I'd rather get the Wind Waker bundle than the Nintendo Land bundle, but then again, the Wind Waker bundle has the Game Pad with the golden decoration, and I don't like it :(

Anser said:
Yeah, I'd rather get the Wind Waker bundle than the Nintendo Land bundle, but then again, the Wind Waker bundle has the Game Pad with the golden decoration, and I don't like it :(

Well, NSMBU and NSLU isn't that bad. In fact, they are pretty good. I just got both for Christmas and I am enjoying them.

Back