Mario Sports Mix Character Picks

MnSG

Cosmic Beauty
If you've played Mario Sports Mix, which characters have you used the most for each sport? I'll start with mine...

Mario: Top 5 for all sports.
Yoshi: Top 5 for all sports. 1st place in Basketball and Dodgeball.
Toad: Top 5 for all sports.
White Mage: Top 5 in Basketball, Volleyball, and Dodgeball. 1st place in Volleyball.
Black Mage: Top 5 in Basketball, Hockey, and Dodgeball. 1st place in Hockey.

Also, feel free to state your favorite team picks as well; in my case, it's White Mage, Yoshi, and Toad.

Basketball: Bowser Jr, Donkey Kong & Luigi
Hockey: Blue Yoshi, Blue Toad and Mario

Basketball: 1. Slime 2. Yoshi. 3. Toad 4. I don't know 5. I don't know
those are my 3 favorite in all sports.

I enjoy being Toad a lot. Slime and Moogle are good players. Moogle can get kinda sickening though. I just do who I feel like, usually with Toad on the team.

I have no idea since the full roster in this game is not including many of basic Mario characters = =

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv159/Dorayakichan/MarioMixSports.jpg

For all sports, I use Blue Toad, Black Mage, and Peach. Occasionally, I switch to Luigi and Bowser Jr. Blue Toad is my main though. I use him for every mode in the game.

I use Mario, Diddy Kong, and Luigi regardless of the sport

For a Personal Choice, Metal Slime, White Shadow Ninja and Light Blue Yoshi for a 3rd if needed. Most of my Top 5 include Yoshi, Toad, Slime and Ninja, considering the first 3 if you play with enough, you unlock their special costumes.

Crackin355 said:
For a Personal Choice, Metal Slime, White Shadow Ninja and Light Blue Yoshi for a 3rd if needed. Most of my Top 5 include Yoshi, Toad, Slime and Ninja, considering the first 3 if you play with enough, you unlock their special costumes.

Yeah recently, Slime became one of my top 5 picks for Volleyball and Hockey, due to the fact that She-Slime is unlocked by using Slime 20 times, while Metal Slime is unlocked by using Slime 40 times. Of course, it's in 5th place for both sports; losing to White Mage, Yoshi, Mario, and Toad in Volleyball; losing to Black Mage, Mario, Yoshi, and Toad in Hockey.

For Basketball and Dodgeball however, the top 5 has been Yoshi, White Mage, Toad, Mario, and Black Mage, in that order. Oddly, I unlocked all of Slime's alternate outfits for those sports too.

Here's an image of the usage progress that I have at the moment, just for better accuracy.

Isn't an alternate way for unlocking costumes beating the characters on the secret paths in tournament mode?

MnSG said:
Crackin355 said:

Yeah recently, Slime became one of my top 5 picks for Volleyball and Hockey, due to the fact that She-Slime is unlocked by using Slime 20 times, while Metal Slime is unlocked by using Slime 40 times. Of course, it's in 5th place for both sports; losing to White Mage, Yoshi, Mario, and Toad in Volleyball; losing to Black Mage, Mario, Yoshi, and Toad in Hockey.

For Basketball and Dodgeball however, the top 5 has been Yoshi, White Mage, Toad, Mario, and Black Mage, in that order. Oddly, I unlocked all of Slime's alternate outfits for those sports too.

Here's an image of the usage progress that I have at the moment, just for better accuracy.

Nice quality screenshots! Off-topic, but I'm wondering how you took them. We can take screenshots, but they aren't the highest quality.

I basically used the Dolphin Emulator to take those screenshots. Of course, the image resolution for those screenshots is the standard 4:3 resolution (640x480), instead of the 16:9 resolution (1280x720) that's associated with HQ screenshots.

Anyway, here's a brief example of my statement, which is inside the spoiler box.

4:3 Resolution - A screenshot that I uploaded.
20110214053151%21VS-MarioSportsMix.png

16:9 Resolution - A better quality screenshot, which replaced the one above.
VS-MarioSportsMix.png

Nice. Love them.

I've heard about the Dolphin Emulator, but I'm not exactly sure what it does.

Baby Luigi Lacertae said:
Isn't an alternate way for unlocking costumes beating the characters on the secret paths in tournament mode?
Yes, but I find it quicker to just be the character for some. Each Mission counts as 1 game. I got Over 30 Picks with Toad and Yoshi, and I hadn't even finished the Mushroom Cup Alternate Routes.

Back