Mario Sports Mix Character Picks

MnSG

Cosmic Beauty
If you've played Mario Sports Mix, which characters have you used the most for each sport? I'll start with mine...

Mario: Top 5 for all sports.
Yoshi: Top 5 for all sports. 1st place in Basketball and Dodgeball.
Toad: Top 5 for all sports.
White Mage: Top 5 in Basketball, Volleyball, and Dodgeball. 1st place in Volleyball.
Black Mage: Top 5 in Basketball, Hockey, and Dodgeball. 1st place in Hockey.

Also, feel free to state your favorite team picks as well; in my case, it's White Mage, Yoshi, and Toad.

FunkyKong84

Blooper
Basketball: Bowser Jr, Donkey Kong & Luigi
Hockey: Blue Yoshi, Blue Toad and Mario

Toad48

Dry Bowser
Basketball: 1. Slime 2. Yoshi. 3. Toad 4. I don't know 5. I don't know
those are my 3 favorite in all sports.

I enjoy being Toad a lot. Slime and Moogle are good players. Moogle can get kinda sickening though. I just do who I feel like, usually with Toad on the team.

Dorayaki

King Bowser
I have no idea since the full roster in this game is not including many of basic Mario characters = =

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv159/Dorayakichan/MarioMixSports.jpg

Dark Light

Cherries and Berries
For all sports, I use Blue Toad, Black Mage, and Peach. Occasionally, I switch to Luigi and Bowser Jr. Blue Toad is my main though. I use him for every mode in the game.

Brawl Mario

Super Smash Bros.'s most fearsome plumber
I use Mario, Diddy Kong, and Luigi regardless of the sport

For a Personal Choice, Metal Slime, White Shadow Ninja and Light Blue Yoshi for a 3rd if needed. Most of my Top 5 include Yoshi, Toad, Slime and Ninja, considering the first 3 if you play with enough, you unlock their special costumes.

MnSG

Cosmic Beauty
Crackin355 said:
For a Personal Choice, Metal Slime, White Shadow Ninja and Light Blue Yoshi for a 3rd if needed. Most of my Top 5 include Yoshi, Toad, Slime and Ninja, considering the first 3 if you play with enough, you unlock their special costumes.
Yeah recently, Slime became one of my top 5 picks for Volleyball and Hockey, due to the fact that She-Slime is unlocked by using Slime 20 times, while Metal Slime is unlocked by using Slime 40 times. Of course, it's in 5th place for both sports; losing to White Mage, Yoshi, Mario, and Toad in Volleyball; losing to Black Mage, Mario, Yoshi, and Toad in Hockey.

For Basketball and Dodgeball however, the top 5 has been Yoshi, White Mage, Toad, Mario, and Black Mage, in that order. Oddly, I unlocked all of Slime's alternate outfits for those sports too.

Here's an image of the usage progress that I have at the moment, just for better accuracy.

Dark Light

Cherries and Berries
Isn't an alternate way for unlocking costumes beating the characters on the secret paths in tournament mode?

Brawl Mario

MnSG said:
Crackin355 said:
Yeah recently, Slime became one of my top 5 picks for Volleyball and Hockey, due to the fact that She-Slime is unlocked by using Slime 20 times, while Metal Slime is unlocked by using Slime 40 times. Of course, it's in 5th place for both sports; losing to White Mage, Yoshi, Mario, and Toad in Volleyball; losing to Black Mage, Mario, Yoshi, and Toad in Hockey.

For Basketball and Dodgeball however, the top 5 has been Yoshi, White Mage, Toad, Mario, and Black Mage, in that order. Oddly, I unlocked all of Slime's alternate outfits for those sports too.

Here's an image of the usage progress that I have at the moment, just for better accuracy.

Nice quality screenshots! Off-topic, but I'm wondering how you took them. We can take screenshots, but they aren't the highest quality.

MnSG

Cosmic Beauty
I basically used the Dolphin Emulator to take those screenshots. Of course, the image resolution for those screenshots is the standard 4:3 resolution (640x480), instead of the 16:9 resolution (1280x720) that's associated with HQ screenshots.

Anyway, here's a brief example of my statement, which is inside the spoiler box.

4:3 Resolution - A screenshot that I uploaded.

16:9 Resolution - A better quality screenshot, which replaced the one above.

Brawl Mario

Nice. Love them.

I've heard about the Dolphin Emulator, but I'm not exactly sure what it does.

Baby Luigi Lacertae said:
Isn't an alternate way for unlocking costumes beating the characters on the secret paths in tournament mode?
Yes, but I find it quicker to just be the character for some. Each Mission counts as 1 game. I got Over 30 Picks with Toad and Yoshi, and I hadn't even finished the Mushroom Cup Alternate Routes.