Mario Sports Mix good game?

yoshidude99

Yoshidude is here
Hi I might be getting a new game soon so can you guys tell me if Mario Sports Mix is a good game or not before I buy it? thanks :dk:
 
Multi-player and Online.

1-4 players in an Exhibition and Mini-games.
Up to 1-3 players in a tournament.
Up to 1-2 players Online.
 

FunkyKong84

Blooper
If you like basketball, hockey and online matches then yes go get it. I 'm having a lot of fun with it, especially online. Basketball and hockey are totally competitive and even dodgeball is surprisingly good. Volleyball is one big minus though.
 

Fawfulfury65

The Last Story
Retired Wiki Staff
It's not too bad. If you haven't gotten Donkey Kong Country Returns yet I'd recommend that over MSM.
 

Ray Trace

You have entered the comedy area.
I'm addicted to that game and yes, it's very fun. It's really underrated.
 

Fawfulfury65

The Last Story
Retired Wiki Staff
I enjoy the game more now that I know about the automatic character switch option. It was annoying always having to hit the C button over and over again until the game noticed which character on my team I wanted to play. So I think I would recommend this game, but there are better games for Wii you could get too.
 

MnSG

Cosmic Beauty
Hockey is probably the most difficult of all the sports, especially when you take into account those annoying Shy Guy goalies. At least the Shy Guy is absent for Toad Park and Peach's Castle.
 

Ray Trace

You have entered the comedy area.
MnSG said:
Hockey is probably the most difficult of all the sports, especially when you take into account those annoying Shy Guy goalies. At least the Shy Guy is absent for Toad Park and Peach's Castle.
I hate these Shy Guy goalies too. I still kick butt though with my sis (our Star Ship Hard Score against White Mage and Ninja was 34-12).

The cones serve as better goalies than the Shy Guys.
 

PokemonMaster

LETS START A NO AVATAR/SIG FAD.
My friend rented so we played it together. Boy was it easy to get goals in hockey. I have great defense in sports games but TERRIBLE shooting. So for once a sports game doesn't end up 0-0. The lack of Baby Mario and Baby Luigi was depressing though. Dodgeball was hilarious. Luigi just stands there while Waluigi does all the work. My team was Mario and Slime. I have never played a Dragon Quest game but Slime is sure cute! I suck at scoring in Volleyball so Waluigi and Luigi win all the time. I was OK with Basketball and Slime's luck got me one more goal before we finished the game. Overall this game was fun.
 

Ray Trace

You have entered the comedy area.
PokemonMaster said:
My friend rented so we played it together. Boy was it easy to get goals in hockey. I have great defense in sports games but TERRIBLE shooting. So for once a sports game doesn't end up 0-0. The lack of Baby Mario and Baby Luigi was depressing though. Dodgeball was hilarious. Luigi just stands there while Waluigi does all the work. My team was Mario and Slime. I hav never played a Dragon Quest game but Slime is sure cute! I suck at scoring in Volleyball so Waluigi and Luigi win all the time. I was OK with Basketball and Slime's luck got me one more goal before we finished the game. Overall this game was fun.
Yeah, the Shy Guys do suck. Yeah, I love to have Baby Mario and Baby Luigi in this game (speed characters are one of the best in this game). Slime, meh, he's just a hershey pudding that sounds funny to destroy. Dodgeball is even more hilarious to see the opposing team get sad when one of their friends get out. It looks pretty dumb (especially Wario and Donkey Kong in the box thingy)
 

Brawl Mario

Super Smash Bros.'s most fearsome Mario
This is a pretty fun game. Cosmo and I spent more time playing this game than Super Mario Galaxy 2, AKA the BEST GAME EVAR.

Don't rely on the reviews (a good lot of them). They are extremely harsh and they use invalid complaints.
 

MnSG

Cosmic Beauty
Cosmopolitan said:
Yeah, the Shy Guys do suck. Yeah, I love to have Baby Mario and Baby Luigi in this game (speed characters are one of the best in this game). Slime, meh, he's just a hershey pudding that sounds funny to destroy. Dodgeball is even more hilarious to see the opposing team get sad when one of their friends get out. It looks pretty dumb (especially Wario and Donkey Kong in the box thingy)
The only alternate outfits that I haven't unlocked are for Slime (which are the She-Slime and Metal Slime), strangely enough. Problem is, Slime is only good with certain sports.
 
Yes it's a fun and addictive game for all genders and ages. The multiplayer is fun. The stages are fun and the music is great. I highly reccomend it if you like the mario sports games. ;D :mario: :luigi: :yoshi:
 
I got it for my Birthday and me and my friends had a Blast with it. Definitely a Great game. All the games are great for multiplayer and some of the funniest stuff happens most of the time. In Toad Park Hocky, My friend somehow kept shooting past the cones and the Final shot was 001 Millisecond on the timer. Also, in Peach's Garden, we just hid behind the Water and the Computers couldn't get us, eventually we just left it there and they only got a couple of goals. Of course, it gets slightly harder as you go. Unlocking the characters is a pain but I don't really mind it. It gives me an excuse to play sports other than Dodgeball.
 

Dorayaki

King Bowser
it added many features in different ball games and make fun of it

if ther must be diadvantages, just look on the character role of Hoops 3 on 3......
 

MnSG

Cosmic Beauty
Dorayaki said:
it added many features in different ball games and make fun of it

if ther must be diadvantages, just look on the character role of Hoops 3 on 3......
It's kind of amusing that in normal tournaments, you never face Ninja, White Mage, nor Black Mage, until you reach the Star Cup finals. However, they do pop up when you're taking alternate routes.

Also, it's kind of odd that you can face more than one Yoshi/Toad in tournaments, but you're only allowed to use one in all game modes.
 

Ray Trace

You have entered the comedy area.
MnSG said:
Dorayaki said:
it added many features in different ball games and make fun of it

if ther must be diadvantages, just look on the character role of Hoops 3 on 3......
It's kind of amusing that in normal tournaments, you never face Ninja, White Mage, nor Black Mage, until you reach the Star Cup finals. However, they do pop up when you're taking alternate routes.

Also, it's kind of odd that you can face more than one Yoshi/Toad in tournaments, but you're only allowed to use one in all game modes.
Not to mention facing people you just defeated in the previous matches
 
Top