Super Mario 3D Land

Smashgoom202

Dry Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
Actually, I'm not sure if the game's actually going to be CALLED that, just that it's going to be a new Mario game for the 3DS:

http://ds.ign.com/articles/114/1147091p1.html

I await the moment where they announce the Koopalings will be in this game as well. Or Wart, Mouser, and his minions... Or Tatanga.

Edit, new info:

umu5u.jpg

nintendotop.jpg

Re: New Super Mario Bros. 3DS

I'm so excited, I hope it's out by at least Holiday 2011. That might be too much to ask, maybe by Summer 2012.

Broggy said:
I thought it would be called that two. What if it was Galaxy 3DS?
Either way, it's perfect, since they're both the third games in their respective series. :D

Smashgoom202 said:
I await the moment where they announce the Koopalings will be in this game as well. Or Wart, Mouser, and his minions... Or Tatanga.
I would love that so much, but of course, that probably isn't going to happen. It's guaranteed to have the same boring, repetitive storyline yet again, which simply involves Bowser kidnapping Peach for the thousandth time.

It's not officially announced yet, Shigeru Miyamoto just said that in Iwata Asks.

Νο matter what it is (3D or 2D) I want a version of it on the Wii or the Wii2!!!

Um... NSMBWii is the Wii version of the NSMB DS, duh!

>>FunkyKong84
No, it's another NSMB game, with another storyline, and another set of levels.

FunkyKong84 said:
Um... NSMBWii is the Wii version of the NSMB DS, duh!
It's completely different.

Nobody said that it isn't a different game, but it is the Wii equivalent of the NSMBDS.

And what NSMBWii has to do with the new upcoming game anyway? And what I said about that new game is that I wanna see its Wii(2) version.

Mephiles the Dark said:
Smashgoom202 said:
I would love that so much, but of course, that probably isn't going to happen. It's guaranteed to have the same boring, repetitive storyline yet again, which simply involves Bowser kidnapping Peach for the thousandth time.
What kind of moron plays Mario for an engaging storyline?

I don't play the game solely for the storyline. I'm just saying that it would be nice to see something different for a change.

Also a tone shift like that after, what, 25 years, would just come across as absurd.

Tone shift??

205548-1.jpg

Herr Shyguy said:
Also a tone shift like that after, what, 25 years, would just come across as absurd.
It worked out just fine in Super Mario Bros. 2. Sure, that game's a hack of Doki Doki Panic, but that's besides the point.

Broggy said:
What if it was Galaxy 3DS?
I can't take another overrated Galaxy game. I want to whole new main Mario series.

This game better not be some 3D remake of SMB Deluxe. That game was so frustrating.

I wouldn't really mind of this game is a 2nd sequel to NSMB. Fortresses would contain some new bosses, and even some old ones. Castles would house the Koopalings, while Bowser Jr. would appear on the Airship levels again.

Mephiles the Dark said:
Herr Shyguy said:
It worked out just fine in Super Mario Bros. 2. Sure, that game's a hack of Doki Doki Panic, but that's besides the point.
Except you ignored the crucial part. You know, the arbitrary tone shift after 25 years, not on the franchise's second game.

Also, doesn't like everyone except me hate Mario 2?

Herr Shyguy said:
Except you ignored the crucial part. You know, the arbitrary tone shift after 25 years, not on the franchise's second game.
I didn't ignore that part. I'm just simply saying that if it worked out okay for that game, then it wouldn't hurt to do something different in a future installment, too, even if it has been twenty-five years.

I don't hate that game at all. I grew up with it, just as I have with with the other NES games, and I consider it to be just as important as the rest of the games in the series. It pains me to see how underappreciated that game is. In some of the recent Mario titles, Super Mario Bros. 1, 3, and Super Mario World are always referenced in some way, shape, or form, while SMB2 gets ignored.

Herr Shyguy said:
Mephiles the Dark said:
Herr Shyguy said:

It was the third game, actually.

Also, I <3 Mario USA.

Back