The Let's Play Thread

[quote author=TVTropes]It is "Very Cute" and relevant to the hint "Mirror image". If you Youtube search the game title and add a space and letter C after it, Chuggaaconroy will be in the auto-complete suggestions. It is a Nintendo DS game.[/quote]

It's definitely Okamiden, though the "Mirror image" part confuses me.

Well,

You have to go find a mirror for a little girl. Who ends up being a god.

So I think that might be what he means. Either that, or save mirrors.

Still, I have no idea how he will record Okamiden. You do need to USE the touch screen.

Unless....no, I can't think of anything else from the clue.

Although I watched my cousin play through a lot of Okamiden. The only 'mirror image' thing in that game is the final boss.

Purple Yoshi, look at this picture:

Azzr_45CUAAM4Qh.jpg

and now i give you quoting

Chugga's Twitter said:
"Now for the other thing people are asking: How exactly I'm recording this footage. I'll do my best to be helpful to you, because believe me, I understand your pain of wanting to record DS games that aren't on emulators. My setup isn't the same capture board that other LPers like SlimKirby use, which was once sold on this site:
http://home.comcast.net/~olimar/DSCapture/
This site no longer sells these boards, they sold out very quickly. But I'd recommend to keep checking it in the future if you want one. I do own one of these boards as a backup in case my own setup fails, but it isn't what I actively plan on using."

"My setup is different and allows for capture of individual screens and a few other things that this board doesn't. I ended up just working on my own rig for it before this guy was selling them, which isn't something I can easily explain how to do. In simplified terms, I'm basically just repeating the video signal that goes into the screens to two capture cards. I'd like to help people work out how to do this, but it isn't exactly easy for me to do in text. Nor is making your own setup an affordable endeavor."

"But as a bonus for the very curious: Yes, 3DS footage with 2D/3D switching and Wii U Controller recording are both extreme possibilities for the future of my channel and are both something I plan on doing someday!"

That last part is VERY interesting....

Actually, Loopy won't make a Wii U GamePad Capture Device, as he told it us.
3DS Capture Device currently only supports 2D, 3D might come at a later point.

He ISN'T using a Capture Device. He's sending a feed from the two DS screens directly to a capture card, meaning on the 3DS, he can change the view to 3D whenever he wants (assuming he uses the same method), and that he can record the controller screen off of the Wii U.

A Capture Card = A Capture Device.

And I know about the rest, thanks for confirming my thoughts about it.

NOW I think I know he's been working on this since October.

The special effects. (It makes sense :P)

Nabber said:
What special effects? I didn't see any special effects in the intro.

....he has the lp recorded

he just took forever to add the special effects

I've been recently binging on an old SA screnshot and comment (with the occasional video) LP of Bio Forge, an old, state-of-art survival game by Origins featuring a wicked atmosphere, a rich and involved storyline and one of the most entertainingly pathetic combat system in any survival horror game.

anyway, I recommend reading it.

Has anyone else noticed the Chuggaa has been getting sloppy with his editing? He's forgetting to change the screens, and his commentary isn't synched up right.

Nabber said:
Has anyone else noticed the Chuggaa has been getting sloppy with his editing? He's forgetting to change the screens, and his commentary isn't synched up right.

All I've noticed is his ending screens have been going for, like, a minute. What's the point of that? To make the video look longer?

Purple Yoshi said:
Nabber said:

All I've noticed is his ending screens have been going for, like, a minute. What's the point of that? To make the video look longer?

If you're referring to Okamiden, I think he's doing that so that we can listen to the music, since both it and Okami have great soundtracks. If you're referring to other cases, I have no idea.

Back