What do you consider to be the best Mario platformer?

What's the best Mario game ever?

• Super Mario Bros

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Super Mario Bros: Lost Levels

• Super Mario Bros 2

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Super Mario Bros 3

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Super Mario World

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

• Super Mario 64

• Super Mario Sunshine

• New Super Mario Bros DS

• New Super Mario Bros Wii

• Super Mario Galaxy

• Super Mario Galaxy 2

• Total voters

FunkyKong84

Blooper
Ok folks, which do you think that the best Mario game of all times is? We 're talking about platformers (2D, 2.5D & 3D) and not RPGs, sports or kart games.

Here's my list:
1. Super Mario Bros 3 (10/10)
2. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (10/10)
3. Super Mario Galaxy (10/10)
4. Super Mario World (9,5/10)
5. New Super Mario Bros Wii (9,5/10)
6. Super Mario Bros: Lost Levels (9,5/10)
7. Super Mario 64 (9,5/10)
8. Super Mario Bros (9/10)
9. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (8,5/10)
10. Super Mario Bros 2 (8,5/10)
11. New Super Mario Bros DS (8,5/10)
12. Super Mario Sunshine (7/10)

IMO SMB3 is the absolute Mario game, while Super Mario Sunshine is by far the worst.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii is my best one because of the multiplayer.

On the poll, none of the games mentioned are the "best" Mario games ever; all have their own pros and cons. Unless you mean "What do you think is the best Mario game ever?" Anyway, none of them are my best Mario games. I typically don't enjoy platformers as much as spin-offs. And it does say, "What is the best Mario game ever", unless you are meaning something else, like just the platformers.

The title of the topic covers it all.

I had trouble choosing between Yoshi's Island and SM64, but I ultimately chose SM64. It's just slightly more memorable. Doesn't mean I don't like Yoshi's Island.

:mad: I accidentally pressed Yoshi's Island. I thought I pressed New Super Mario Bros. Wii! I tend to play multi player games more than single player games. When somebody comes over we play it. I enjoy throwing people off cliffs and into enemies. I ask them if I can though.

Always and forever, SM64.

I like New Super Mario Bros. Wii's multiplayer.

Scrub Jay said:
I like New Super Mario Bros. Wii's multiplayer.
The only reason I ever play that game is for the multiplayer. But it annoys me because I always die because of the people I play with.

Well, if you're playing with the right person, you could get 99 lives in no time.

Not that I want to or know how anyway. I usually get 99 lives like nothing, even before we reach World 6.

My favorite is either Super Mario 64 or SMW2: Yoshi's Island, but I chose Super Mario 64. It has a lot of great 3D exploration, and it debuted the 3D Mario.

FunkyKong84 said:
Ok folks, which do you think that the best Mario game of all times is? We 're talking about platformers (2D, 2.5D & 3D) and not RPGs, sports or kart games.

Here's my list:
1. Super Mario Bros 3 (10/10)
2. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (10/10)
3. Super Mario Galaxy (10/10)
4. Super Mario World (9,5/10)
5. New Super Mario Bros Wii (9,5/10)
6. Super Mario Bros: Lost Levels (9,5/10)
7. Super Mario 64 (9,5/10)
8. Super Mario Bros (9/10)
9. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (8,5/10)
10. Super Mario Bros 2 (8,5/10)
11. New Super Mario Bros DS (8,5/10)
12. Super Mario Sunshine (7/10)

IMO SMB3 is the absolute Mario game, while Super Mario Sunshine is by far the worst.

Good list, here's mine:

1. Super Mario Galaxy 2
2. Super Mario Galaxy
3. Super Mario World
4. Super Mario Sunshine
5. New Super Mario Bros. Wii
6. Super Mario Bros. 3
7. Super Mario 64
8. New Super Mario Bros
9. Super Mario Bros.
10. Super Mario Land
11. Super Mario Bros. 2

Have not played Lost Levels or SML2, plus I don't consider Yoshi's Island a mario platformer.

I don't understand why everyone hates SMS. It's way better than most of the other games. I also don't understand why the Galaxy games are so popular. They have no reply value at all.

And SMS has replay value? At least I went for all stars in the Galaxies, while in SMS I stopped at 61...

FunkyKong84 said:
And SMS has replay value? At least I went for all stars in the Galaxies, while in SMS I stopped at 61...
Yes, but there's tons of Blue Coins to collect and also 120 total Shine Sprites to collect. I've spent many, many hours playing that game and I still haven't found all 240 of those coins. On many occasions, I play SMS just so I can randomly run around the levels and explore. SMG games just don't offer as much exploration in the levels, and they are often made up of many small, boring planets.

Back