Author Topic: 20 Day Video Game Challenge - Day 20: A game that truly scared you  (Read 6092 times)

Roll and Maria Renard

• Pwwnd123
  • King Bowser
  • Pwwnd123
  • Rest in Peace Walkazo 1991-2016
    • View Profile
Re: 20 Day Video Game Challenge - Day 9: Favorite villain
« Reply #140 on: March 14, 2019, 04:09:35 PM »
Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik is my favorite.

Azusa Miura

• Wiki Administrator
  • Shine Sprite
  • Turboo
    • View Profile
Re: 20 Day Video Game Challenge - Day 9: Favorite villain
« Reply #141 on: March 14, 2019, 10:22:43 PM »
Lyon from sacred stones, i guess. I can't really call him the best written or most unique villain of all time but his plotline is consistently interesting enough on replays and as well as enough of a tug at the heartstrings. Even if sacred stones is simplistic at points i think lyon's story is done p well

After getting into dmc last year I'm also pretty fond of Vergil, but I'm hesitant to call him a proper villain. For different reasons, I also really like Bowser but have trouble thinking of him as a full villain anymore. It's always stuff like PM that comes to mind over his recent appearances when i want to call him that, and even then theres some (enjoyable) goofiness to him
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 10:27:42 PM by Azusa Miura »

Alexander Hamilton

• Secretary of Treasury Packy
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
  • Red Barchetta
  • Talk less, smile more.
    • View Profile
Re: 20 Day Video Game Challenge - Day 10: Favorite game as a kid
« Reply #142 on: March 14, 2019, 10:42:12 PM »
I ALMOST FORGOT TO UPDATE THE THREAD

But that's okay, because it's time to pull on the nostalgia heart-strings again! Your challenge today: Your favorite game as a kid!

YoshiFlutterJump

• The Flying Yoshi
  • Shine Sprite
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 15, 2019, 12:03:08 AM »
New Super Mario Bros. Wii...man, my nostalgia for that game is so strong.

winstein

• Power Star
  • Justice is not limited, it is a universal quality
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 15, 2019, 01:15:35 AM »
Chip's Challenge

This was a game that came with the old Windows 3.1, and while there were a lot of fun games alongside it like Jill of the Jungle and Snoopy's Game Club, Chip's Challenge was especially fun because it was also a game where everything in-game look fun and colourful, plus you control an on-screen character, and its use of those elements appealed to me. This is one of the games that made me a puzzle fan, you can say. It should be noted that the version I played was the Windows version, which plays differently from the original Lynx version, but since it's the most widely distributed version, you can guess which version I played.

Later on I played Tile World (a fan game) because I was curious on the Lynx version's physics, and the differences are interesting. It needs to be noted that the long-lost sequel that finally got released on Steam uses Lynx's physics, which makes it more faithful to the original, though it does feel like unfamiliar ground to those who played the Windows version only. I did finish the sequel which has a balance of large levels and small levels, plus new elements to spice up the original, but I would never be able to finish a lot of the first game's levels because a lot of them felt tedious to go through since you start all over again at death.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii...man, my nostalgia for that game is so strong.
I feel old knowing that this game is somebody's childhood game.

Thank you for reading.
(Credit goes to Alex95 for this signature)

Sakura Matou

• The Imaginary Element
  • Celestial Guide
  • Crackin355
  • "Welcome home, Senpai." △
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 15, 2019, 01:18:49 AM »
Diddy Kong Racing, I played it a lot as a kid when all I had was my brothers N64 that he didn't want anymore. I considered going with Mario Tennis instead but I think I generally played DKR a lot more. Mario Party 3 was good too.

NanoPhoenix

• Traveler of Teehee Valley
  • King Bowser
  • NanoRim
  • Touch fuzzy, get dizzy.
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #146 on: March 15, 2019, 02:42:44 AM »
Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga practically never left the GBA slot on my old DS lite.

JC

• Wiki Bureaucrat
  • Blooper
  • Mario jc
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 15, 2019, 06:16:02 AM »
Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back, tied with another I already mentioned, Spyro: A Hero's Tail. I got Warped before it and I didn't have Crash 1, but I always preferred Crash 2 for its levels and music and because it didn't have a lot of the vehicle levels which I never really liked.

Moldomré: The Crossover Episode

• I definitely know how to draw Koops!...it's just that I've never gotten around to it...right?
  • King Bowser
  • Moldomré
  • The local Pink Yoshi Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
    • Planet Minecraft Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 15, 2019, 07:55:29 AM »
I'm gonna have to go with YFJ on this one: NSMBWii was definitely my favorite as a kid. I spent hours trying to collect Star Coins.

Twitter | Ask Thread | Luigi64DD, LeftyGreenMario, and BabyLuigiOnFire | Moldomré and Toadgamer in the avatar

Koops

• Big dumbass furry who is actually a realist and knows that whatever crush he gets it's never gonna be the one.
  • Shine Sprite
  • Yo
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 15, 2019, 08:30:37 AM »
So yeah, my favorite game of all time is Super Mario Galaxy, right?

Well the sequel was my favorite one as a kid. I seriously reconsidered that after revisiting those two games a few years ago.

Striker Luigi

• If George can have blue text then I can have green text
  • King Bowser
  • Long John Spaghetti
  • "Fellons? Yo, I never fell on nobody! I'm uh..."
    • View Profile
    • My Theme Song
« Reply #150 on: March 15, 2019, 09:13:14 AM »
Cars: Mater-National for the Wii.

I was practically raised on that game.

~ Long John Spaghetti was here!

Toadette

• fan of Mario, Kirby, Sonic, Pokemon, Digimon, Yo-kai Watch, and Crash Bandicoot
  • Dry Bowser
  • Toadettefan14
  • Toadette's the winner!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 15, 2019, 10:00:58 AM »
Mario Party 8

It’s the first video game I played that wasn’t on PC! I spent countless hours playing that game, it kept me entertained for a long time. It was also one of the first games we got for our Wii, and my first Mario game!

Because I liked it, I got Island Tour, 10, DS, and Star Rush later on(though I still haven’t got 9, The Top 100, Super Mario Party(though I have played it) or any instalments prior to 8 )

(Also, sorry for the scary post I did yesterday, I didn’t mean to scare anyone with those 4 aliens! )
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 10:15:30 AM by Toadettefan14 »

Toadgamer

• Probably the biggest Toad fan out there
  • Dry Bowser
  • Well, bup, I guess...
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 15, 2019, 10:23:37 AM »
I'd go with Epic Mickey, which I mentioned earlier in this thread,  considering that was the game of my dreams. But since that's kinda obvious, I'll go with other ones:

-Mario Power Tennis. Boy I used to imagine other characters in the game with unique special shots. Good times...
-Clash of Clans. Sure, no-one in the universe even cares about this game anymore, but this used to be one of my favourite app games.
-Skylanders. This game was the future at the time. You could get toys in a game and that was basically magic. Well, Amiibo exists now, but this was so good I still have the figures with me. I even have that awesome looking Bowser figure that's also am Amiibo.

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games
« Reply #153 on: March 15, 2019, 11:24:39 AM »
Super Mario 64 still. Game that started it, game I grew up with.

Also, Chip's Challenge. I spent so much time on that game. Echoing Winston's thoughts on it, and I want to play the sequel at some point.

Pheromosa

• Extradimensional bug princess
  • Star Spirit
  • A51 Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 15, 2019, 05:27:01 PM »
Donkey Kong 64

I used to explore the worlds aimlessly as a kid, and I enjoyed doing it just as much as I did collecting everything. My very first save file upon completing the game was 330 hours. Nowadays I can speedrun the game in about 9 hours for a 101% run, or about 1.5-2 hours for a 0 Golden Banana run.

Ray Trace

• Yeah, hahaha, a little bit more hand sanitizer and we wouldn't be in this mess.
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • Baby Luigi
  • 🇷🇺 Малыш Луиджи 🇷🇺 – сырная бл🧀🧀🧀 Тарелка!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 15, 2019, 07:47:24 PM »
Aside from the obvious Mario and Nintendo choices, I guess I'd just pick the unorthodox choice of the Magic Pen PC Magic School Bus games as a little kid (Explores the Solar System, Human Body, Ocean, Earth, Dinosaurs, and Rainforest - plus i played some few nonMagic Pen ones like Animals, Insects, and Sound). I guess I could have went with the other edutainment PC games at the time like Zoombinis, Cluefinders, I Spy, Mia Mouse, Gizmos and Gadgets, and Mission T.H.I.N.K. but none of them hold that dearly to me in my early childhood than the Magic School Bus ones.

To be fair, I don't think little kids of the time I was in should play the Human Body one. For its times, the graphics were far too realistic and really terrifying, coupled with scary sound effects and sounds for kids, especially compared to the other Magic School Bus games. It gave me nightmares for a while and LGM and I refused to play it.
RIP B. "Walkazo" Dalziel. December 16, 1991 to March 27, 2016.

Roll and Maria Renard

• Pwwnd123
  • King Bowser
  • Pwwnd123
  • Rest in Peace Walkazo 1991-2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 15, 2019, 08:00:45 PM »
Network Q RAC Rally Championship was my favorite game as a kid. I often revisit this game for the nostalgia factor.

I used to play this game on my Windows 98 PCs.

Azusa Miura

• Wiki Administrator
  • Shine Sprite
  • Turboo
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 15, 2019, 08:42:01 PM »
i don't know how many answers I could give that wouldn't just be paper mario or pokemon gold again, or elaborating more on why i think majora's mask is art. I did start liking panel de pon (more specifically, the puzzle league/puzzle challenge versions) pretty early on, though I didn't figure out how to make bigger chains until i was older and revisiting the games

in terms of old computer games i liked, pocket tanks, 3d space cadet pinball, and the built in windows versions of solitaire and minesweeper were all pretty good

Alexander Hamilton

• Secretary of Treasury Packy
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
  • Red Barchetta
  • Talk less, smile more.
    • View Profile
Re: 20 Day Video Game Challenge - Day 11: Five of your favorite video games
« Reply #158 on: March 15, 2019, 11:09:59 PM »
We got another fiver! Your challenge today: Five of your favorite video games!

NanoPhoenix

• Traveler of Teehee Valley
  • King Bowser
  • NanoRim
  • Touch fuzzy, get dizzy.
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Re: 20 Day Video Game Challenge - Day 11: Five of your favorite video games
« Reply #159 on: March 15, 2019, 11:27:38 PM »
#1. Super Mario Galaxy
#2. Sonic Adventure DX
#3. Splatoon 2