I've never played a mario sports game

Wario's ass

King Bowser
Pronouns
He/him
That's a crime. I have played some Mario Kart games, but those don't count. I'm talking about stuff like Baseball, Tennis, Football, etc.

Please tell me which are the best. I want to try some of them out (I only have a wii now, but will probably have 3DS to play them soon too).

Strikers Charged. You'll thank me later.

Mario Superstar baseball iz best.

you're right, it's criminal

go play Mario Power Tennis, Mario Golf: World Tour, Mario Super Sluggers, Mario Sports Mix, Mario Hoops 3-on-3, Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix, and Mario Strikers Charged.

I would have LOVED to recommend Mario Sports Superstars buuuuut the game's pretty scant on content that makes it tough to recommend otherwise. Horse Racing is so much fun.

I never played one. The only one I have at least a chance of playing is Mario Sports Mix, since I don't have a 3DS to play Mario Sports Superstar. I do have a Wii however.

EDIT: Nevermind. I have Mario Power Tennis.

Mario Power Tennis?

TG this game was literally the one we played the most three years ago, how could you forget?

Oh yeah I know Mario Power Tennis. I would like to get it but I've heard the motion controls are bad.

Nah they work just fine.

Or maybe that's because I grew up with the Wii.

You can get the Gamecube version if anything.

Get any of the tennis games. I haven't played Access but I've heard it's good. Honestly I like Tennis Open better than Power Tennis but that's just me I guess.

Also, I've only played tennis games but I don't mind. The others don't look that interesting besides baseball.

I just never understood why it's popular to hate on motion controls.

Lucario said:
Oh, I don't know. I think the Wii sales attest to the fact that motion controls are a good idea and rather popular. Just not my cup of tea. I prefer a controller. I did say "The motion controls are bad in my opinion", but my opinion doesn't have to work for everyone. *Shrugs*.

That said, I asked a friend what Mario sports game he recommends, and he also said Strikers Charged. I think I will be looking for it at the library when I go today...

YoshiSan said:
I didn't like Power Tennis on the Wii. The motion controls ARE bad imo.

But then again, I am a Gamecube child, so. If you are used to swinging your arms around instead of using a controller, Power Tennis will be just fine for you.

I have Power Tennis for GC, but I play it on Wii. I'm iffy on motion for Wii but the Switch really stepped it up.

Anyway, once you buy a 3DS, definitely consider Tennis Open. I've put more hours in it than Power Tennis.

Lucario said:

Pressing a button is faster, more convenient, less prone to input errors, and doesn't leave your arm ridiculously sore after long use.

I love Mario Golf so much. Easily my favorite sports series.

I recommend going for Toadstool Tour on the Gamecube. Try the RPGs on the GBC and GBA if you want something different.

Lucario said:
People who have played Star Fox Zero and hated it will love to talk to you about their experience.

I hope we get Mario Golf for Switch by the way. And no modes like Castle Club that force you to play as some Mii, but since Miis are on decline, I think it's going to be all Mario that time.

When it comes to motion controls I have 2 thoughts.

If it's something that could have just as easily been done with a button press then fuck em.

If it's something that simple buttons just could not replicate like say 1 to 1 sword swinging or a lightgun then I'm all for it

I mean yeah obviously buttons are better but I mean people make it sound a lot worse than what it actually is.

I find Power Tennis' motion controls to be pretty responsive, and tbh I think it would feel weird to be playing any tennis game without swinging something.

Back