2001: A Mario Odyssey

Nabber

Artisanal Cheese Taster
HYPE HYPE HYPE

Re: NEW 3D MARIO

Looks like super mario 64 2, triple jumps and all.

So the game looks like it's very much in alpha/beta since it's pretty sparse but you can see a Mexican looking town with a giant moon in the background. Looks like an open world or at least a hub. The second shot with the bullet bill shows what looks like mountains in the background, and rings seems to be part of the level too.

yO3rlz2.gif

Lwyvtrt.gif

(are my eyes deceiving me or are those octoombas wearing a sombrero?)

No, this is beyond a shadow of a doubt Mexican themed.

I thought it was a dancing cactus with a sombrero. Amazing either way.

Thank god it looks like they're not NSMB-ifying it though. Looks good so far.

Otoomba ...

Galaxy Cacti ...

Rosalina cameo incoming.

-----------------------

What if this is SMG3 and its just a mexican themed Galaxy??

The possibilities...

If it was smg3 I'd be disappointed. I'd rather have something new

this actually looks incredible

good job nintendo how dare you make me care about mario on a mario forum

Only a couple of places shown, but it's already looking like a pretty cool experience. I wonder if the amiibo shown is foreshadowing for playable characters? In any case, I hope that they could somehow make Daisy at least playable here.

That Mexican-themed level reminds me of this piece of music, unused in Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Thanks for reading

the "mountains" look like they're semi invisible or glasslike. And there's the one on the left that's really close.

maybe just placeholders?

Judging by the two short clips seems like it's likely going to provide a return to what the older 3D Mario games like 64 and Sunshine which is something I would love considering what Mario 3D games have been recently. This could be the Mario game that finally takes the series into a new direction rather than just being a rehash of the same old.

NSY said:
Judging by the two short clips seems like it's likely going to provide a return to what the older 3D Mario games like 64 and Sunshine which is something I would love considering what Mario 3D games have been recently. This could be the Mario game that finally takes the series into a new direction rather than just being a rehash of the same old.

if they do i hope we dont have to deal with situational powerups.

winstein said:
Only a couple of places shown, but it's already looking like a pretty cool experience. I wonder if the amiibo shown is foreshadowing for playable characters? In any case, I hope that they could somehow make Daisy at least playable here.

That Mexican-themed level reminds me of this piece of music, unused in Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Thanks for reading

I doub...

eV352iF.png

Those patterns SURE look familiar don't you think?

Glowsquid said:
(are my eyes deceiving me or are those octoombas wearing a sombrero?)
Could it be a Mexican-themed citizen (like a Pianta).

Glowsquid said:
It's either set in a Mexican-themed hubworld like Isle Delfino, or a Mexican-themed sub-hubworld that is part of the main world a la 'Fiesta do los Muertos' world in Rayman Legends.

100% convinced this is super mario galaxy

>background looks straight out of one of the smg games
>similar looks (as opposed to how the super mario 3d __ games looked)
>in the first gif theres the star glow from the smg games in the far background
>SERIOUSLY HOW DOES THIS NOT SCREAM SMG3 IM FLYING AAAAA

more evidence:

literally a berry from smg2 in the second gif (far left near the end of the animation)

also in the second gif the heart is out of reach except for with spinjumping (because its over the quicksand if i see it correctly) EXCUSE ME HOW IS THIS NOT LITERALLY SUPER MARIO GALAXY 3

48663315.jpg

Back