Nintendo Won’t Be Restocking Some Amiibo Figures

Shy Guy Forever

mostly afk
Banned User
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/12/08/nintendo-won-t-be-restocking-some-amiibo-figures.aspx

So, apparently, Amiibo's for certain characters like Marth, Wii Fit Trainer, and Villager will be discontinued after a while.

If you like those characters, you should buy their Amiibo's while you can.

Lumastar said:
They should at least be available online.

That's my question. There's a huge rise of online transactions because of the advent of the internet in general. Nintendo should really get with the times.

I hope they keep Ness in circulation for a while when his amiibo is available.

That's the one I really want.

Magikrazy said:

so do i, he's one of my mains

they probably aren't stocking the ones that aren't selling

think about it this way. if there's low demand for certain amiibos, low enough that nintendo can't make a profit off of them, then continuing to produce them makes no sense
Baby Luigi said:
Lumastar said:
They should at least be available online.
That's my question. There's a huge rise of online transactions because of the advent of the internet in general. Nintendo should really get with the times.
perhaps even with online amiibos are still just too expensive to make? i'm not familiar with the finer points of amiibo production

idk man i've seen so many conflicting reports about whats up with amiibos, im really not sure what to believe about whos being restocked and who isnt
i just know im gonna preorder any amiibos i want for certain in the future

Re: Nintendo Won't Be Restocking Some Amiibo Figures

Magikrazy said:

same, of all the characters, Ness is definitely the one I want the most

and maybe robin

Hanayo Koizumi said:
idk man i've seen so many conflicting reports about whats up with amiibos, im really not sure what to believe about whos being restocked and who isnt
i just know im gonna preorder any amiibos i want for certain in the future
the only statements I'm buying are the official ones, and even they aren't very clear

[quote author=Nintendo]We will aim for certain amiibo to always be available. These will be for our most popular characters like Mario and Link. Due to shelf space constraints, other figures likely will not return to the market once they have sold through their initial shipment. [/quote]

[quote author=Nintendo]Some amiibo were very popular at launch, and it is possible that some amiibo in the United States, Canada and Latin America may not be available right now due to high demand and our efforts to manage shelf space during the launch period. Certain sold-out amiibo may return to these markets at a later stage. We are continually aiming to always have a regular supply of amiibo in the marketplace and there are many waves of amiibo to come.[/quote]
I'm guessing if this is true then when Animal Crossing U comes out we might see Villager amiibos again, perhaps, though we'll probably not get Wii Fit Trainer again

but yeah it's kinda silly for them to underestimate the demand for amiibos, though I guess its better than overestimating and having a heap of unsold stock

Here's who I think may stay.

Donkey Kong- always available; no explanation needed
Fox- always available due to Mario Kart 8 costume and upcoming game
Kirby- always available due to Mario Kart 8 costume and relevance
Link- always available; see Donkey Kong
Mario- always available as Nintendo's mascot
Marth- unless he stars or appears in an unannounced Fire Emblem game, don't expect him to return to market anytime soon
Peach- always available; see Donkey Kong
Pikachu- always available; see Donkey Kong
Samus- always available; see Donkey Kong
Villager- I'm surprised he's even being discontinued; he may return if/when we get a new Animal Crossing game
Wii Fit Trainer- the Wii series is basically dead
Yoshi- always available; see Donkey Kong
Captain Falcon- always available due to Mario Kart 8 DLC and status as one of the original 12
Diddy Kong- I think that he will stay for a while, but whether or not to the end is another question
Little Mac- I am conflicted on this one; his popularity in Smash 4 could extend his life, but if not he's going to be discontinued
Luigi- always available; see Donkey Kong
Pit- while his last game was over two years ago, he will likely stay due to the fact that he carries a three character series
Zelda- always available; see Donkey Kong
Bowser- always available; see Donkey Kong
Ike- see Marth
King Dedede- he's basically on the same boat as Diddy Kong, but Triple Deluxe gives hope for his continuation
Lucario (Toys "R" Us exclusive)- always available; one of the most popular Pokémon
Mega Man- we haven't seen any third-parties on market yet, but hopefully they'll keep him on store shelves
Meta Knight (Best Buy exclusive)- see Dedede, but ignore the Triple Deluxe part
Rosalina & Luma (Target exclusive)- always available because Rosalina
Sheik- depends on how many amiibo need to be replaced after Wave 3, but she's not top priority
Shulk (GameStop exclusive)- I don't think GameStop would want to lose an exclusive figure, and a sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles will release later in the year
Sonic- always available; while the Mega Man argument still applies, Sonic is closer to Nintendo today than he has ever been
Toon Link- while he serves the purpose of being an alternate figure to unlock the Link costume with in Mario Kart 8, that is likely his best saving grace
Ness- he has hope due to being one of the original 12
Charizard- always available; it's Charizard

man i really hope they start restocking things soon
i bought a captain falcon amiibo, but it turned out to be broken so i had to return it
but apparently they didnt have any stock left so they had to give me my money back instead
i mean i get that they're in high demand but to not be able to get it replaced when its been less than a week since this particular amiibo released is just silly

Wow, talk about a sticky situation. Even though my main target is getting a Mario amiibo. My biggest concern if is I'm even going to get my hands on Marth, Link, Ness, Dr. Mario, or Luigi.

Ugh, this kind of crap encourages scalpers to run a-muck. Makes me shudder to think that some people sold their amiibos at insane prices at Amazon. They shouldn't be rare collectible for Christ sake.

I only just managed to get myself a Wii Fit Trainer amiibo a while back. Gamestop was out, but I got the last one at Target.

im honestly not surprised considering how hard it apparently is to make amiibos

we got two cannon samus, legless peach, one-armed fox, bald mario, two sword marth, whats next

Little Mac with Bowser's head replacing both his gloves?

Umi Sonoda said:
DragonFreak said:
The Meta Knight Before Christmas said:
Why are they discontinuing all the good characters?
Because Nintendo has a habit of discontinuing everything good

mario rpgs

Not sure if that's a good example because they continued it, but they completely butchered it with the Paper Mario series...so not discountinued, but not good.

And honestly I have heard so much news about Amiibos and whether some will be discontinued or not, just like how for awhile I've been hearing a lot of news of whether or not they'll make more gamecube controller adapters for Smash.

I agree with Tabuu; if they're not selling, then they shouldn't be wasting their cash on it. I think that they should at least make it to where you can special order one if they discontinue (even if at a higher price).

I think it's kind of strange that Nintendo is already talking about discontinuing some of them (if they are), especially with how popular Amiibo are and how they are literally flying off the shelves.

Not sure if that's a good example because they continued it, but they completely butchered it with the Paper Mario series...so not discountinued, but not good.

yeah but didnt dream team do really well though?

i mean its not like the rpgs are ruined forever because of sticker star

I looked through Target, Walmart, and Gamestop last night and didn't find a single one of the 3. The guy at Gamestop said they got a shipment of about 2 or 3 and that was it.

Boy George said:
I looked through Target, Walmart, and Gamestop last night and didn't find a single one of the 3. The guy at Gamestop said they got a shipment of about 2 or 3 and that was it.
Well that's bullshit! Based on what I've heard around the net, they would have sold out even with 10 at most retailers. Especially with Villager!

Oh gawd, I can imagine some people buying the store's stock of Amiibo only to sell them online for ridiculous prices.

Ughhh, Nintendo, why are you letting these people do this!?

Dr. Mario's Drunken Holiday Elixir said:
Oh gawd, I can imagine some people buying the store's stock of Amiibo only to sell them online for ridiculous prices.

Ughhh, Nintendo, why are you letting these people do this!?

You should see how much the defected Amiibo's have sold for (Samus with two guns, Peach without legs (iirc, that one sold for $3000?)).

Back