Nintendo Won’t Be Restocking Some Amiibo Figures

No. And just because I have 9 amiibo doesn't mean that the market is closing down. You'll get your amiibo.

Megamario15 said:
No. And just because I have 9 amiibo doesn't mean that the market is closing down. You'll get your amiibo.
no but he bought like 100 or 1000 amiibos

I saw that earlier and I wasn't sure where to post that article.

Honestly I would just love to have a Rosie Amiibo, and it really pisses me off that someone would that. It's ironic since it'll make Nintendo think that Rosalina is popular enough to restock, so there'll just be more (I mean, Rosie is popular enough to be restocked without him buying like 1000 of them), and he's just going to go bankrupt while Nintendo gets all his money. Though it is still something terrible and really annoying that people would do something like that, and would spend so much money just out of spite of a decision they made.

I just...there's some people that do stupid things and maybe it's just you not agreeing with their decisions, but this is just...the person is not right in the head.

Megamario15 said:
I have no preorders, nor do I have thousands of amiibo. I just have 9. No Rosalinas at all.
yeah, but you're saying "oh, you'll get your amiibo since I only have 9"

but he bought one thousand amiibos

Nozomi Toujou said:
Megamario15 said:
I have no preorders, nor do I have thousands of amiibo. I just have 9. No Rosalinas at all.
yeah, but you're saying "oh, you'll get your amiibo since I only have 9"

but he bought one thousand amiibos
Yeah right. In the order obtained, Mario, Peach, Yoshi, Kirby, DK, Villager, Luigi, Link, and Wii Fit Trainer are all my amiibo. No more. And just because some are discontinued at Target doesn't mean that they're gone.

Magikrazy said:
Is it a coincidence all the ones he hates are female?
I wouldn't be surprised if he has support for GamerGate.

Guys, this person has a record of doing... well, crap things. He did flip off at the other amiibos he has, not like the amiibos themselves care anyway.

I posted it a while ago. Don't worry, this guy has nothing to do with our favorite plumber.

As with any collector craze, amiibo are being hit hard by the resell market -- a group of people that buy as many as possible only to flip them for a substantial profit. Most see it purely as business, but one man's driven by a personal vendetta with regard to one of the figurines.

In an interview with Nintendo Nuggets, a collector of vintage Nintendo items who goes by both "Daily Dose" and "Mariotehplumber" revealed that he's pre-ordered more than a hundred Rosalina & Luma amiibo -- all because he really, really dislikes the character. "I do not appreciate Rosalina appearing in almost every recent Mario game to date. The fact Nintendo promotes her so much and people praise her is just disgusting," he said.

Daily Dose continued "I hate her fans, too. I know for a fact her amiibo will be among one of the most popular, which is why I took the time to wait and pre-order over 100 of her. I do not want her fans to be happy... It just crushes me Nintendo from the good days went to this *bleep* for character designs."

While it seems excessive, it's just a fraction of the amount of money Daily Dose claims to have committed to amiibo. He says that he has already spent more than $4,000, and that he has an additional $35,000 to invest on the figurines. Of those funds, he states that he intends to spend heavily on Lucina, Palutena, Robin, and Zero Suit Samus -- all out of a similar hatred and disdain that he has for Rosalina.

Some might find it unbelievable that one man could acquire this many rare amiibo, but Daily Dose says that he orders them using addresses of friends and family. There isn't any substantial evidence that he owns all of these apart from several pictures of piles of amiibo graced by a middle finger (something that, honestly, sounds likely from a man of this mindset). So, if you're looking for a Rosalina amiibo with no luck, just remember that someone who can't stand her is part of the reason why.

Megamario15 said:
To everyone who thought I'm the reason why you can't have Rosalina, look above.
Nobody thought or said anything about you being the reason you can't have Rosalina.

Mega Gallade said:
Megamario15 said:
Magikrazy said:
Megamario15 said:
Nobody thought or said anything about you being the reason you can't have Rosalina.
Apparently Nysic does. Look.
Nysic said:
relevant:

259.png

He doesn't mean you he means the guy who bought all the Rosalinas.
He said Mario. Mario likely refers to me. I said that I had 9 amiibos and everyone criticized me.

Megamario15 said:
Mega Gallade said:
Megamario15 said:
Magikrazy said:
Megamario15 said:
Apparently Nysic does. Look.
Nysic said:
relevant:

259.png

He doesn't mean you he means the guy who bought all the Rosalinas.
He said Mario. Mario likely refers to me. I said that I had 9 amiibos and everyone criticized me.

You don't get it, the guy who bought the Rosalinas goes by Mariotehplumber.

oh yeah he bought a hundred or something, that's the entire stock of rosalina amiibos around the world

i hate this douchebag like anyone else but i'll hopefully forget him once i get my hands on rosalina amiibo

Mario Party X just said something about it.

Mario Party X said:
I posted it a while ago. Don't worry, this guy has nothing to do with our favorite plumber.

As with any collector craze, amiibo are being hit hard by the resell market -- a group of people that buy as many as possible only to flip them for a substantial profit. Most see it purely as business, but one man's driven by a personal vendetta with regard to one of the figurines.

In an interview with Nintendo Nuggets, a collector of vintage Nintendo items who goes by both "Daily Dose" and "Mariotehplumber" revealed that he's pre-ordered more than a hundred Rosalina & Luma amiibo -- all because he really, really dislikes the character. "I do not appreciate Rosalina appearing in almost every recent Mario game to date. The fact Nintendo promotes her so much and people praise her is just disgusting," he said.

Daily Dose continued "I hate her fans, too. I know for a fact her amiibo will be among one of the most popular, which is why I took the time to wait and pre-order over 100 of her. I do not want her fans to be happy... It just crushes me Nintendo from the good days went to this *bleep* for character designs."

While it seems excessive, it's just a fraction of the amount of money Daily Dose claims to have committed to amiibo. He says that he has already spent more than $4,000, and that he has an additional $35,000 to invest on the figurines. Of those funds, he states that he intends to spend heavily on Lucina, Palutena, Robin, and Zero Suit Samus -- all out of a similar hatred and disdain that he has for Rosalina.

Some might find it unbelievable that one man could acquire this many rare amiibo, but Daily Dose says that he orders them using addresses of friends and family. There isn't any substantial evidence that he owns all of these apart from several pictures of piles of amiibo graced by a middle finger (something that, honestly, sounds likely from a man of this mindset). So, if you're looking for a Rosalina amiibo with no luck, just remember that someone who can't stand her is part of the reason why.

Baby Luigi said:
oh yeah he bought a hundred or something, that's the entire stock of rosalina amiibos around the world

i hate this douchebag like anyone else but i'll hopefully forget him once i get my hands on rosalina amiibo
I love this guy
and what he did is hilarious

Megamario15, stop hyperventilating, we're not talking about you. I was referring to a guy called Mariotehplumber. Do you think he bears any connection to LeftyGreenMario? No.

*looks at the picture*

Oh, c'mon, what's wrong with having woman parts?

poor soul who can't handle Robin and Lucina's awesomeness said:
I do not appreciate Rosalina appearing in almost every recent Mario game to date. The fact Nintendo promotes her so much and people praise her is just disgusting
tumblr_inline_nexi7x0ofN1qhoflo.png

(to be fair though the fact that a person is really pathetic enough to do this is so goddamn hilarious that i'm kind of glad he did it lmfao)

Back